• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

KJ Recount: Has KJ Lost all support

Kenny Jackett IN or OUT (closes 18/12)

• Total voters
I'm in two minds now, I am a big fan of KJ and I don't think his first 2 seasons should be underrated or undervalued, we may over performed a little last season, started off ok followed by a period worse than the current one, after xmas with Dicko back and Afobe coming in along with Sako's presence we kicked on well, We knew we couldn't replace Sako and Dicko is missed again so I'm not that surprised we are mid table...what does irritate me though is Jackett must see we will finish mid table at our current level of performance and so would like to see more attacking, braver football/selections. Think I'm gunna see how the xmas period pans out before I jump on the Jackett out bandwagon.

Can't buy the 'safe pair of hands' thing as he isn't really protecting anything. Only an absolute clown along the lines of Saunders would relegate us this season, you could pick someone obviously massively flawed and objectively worse than Ken, an Iain Dowie or a Paul Ince, and they wouldn't take us down. We can't keep him just because there are some terrible managers out of work, I don't see that as any argument at all.

Consolidation for a year or whatever is only a viable tactic if you're visibly building towards something. We aren't. We aren't particularly blooding new players (see Byrne and Wallace parked on the bench or in the stands when Henry and Edwards get a free pass every single week, Holt signed to sit on the bench while Enobakhare is sent back to the U21s) and the football is getting worse, not better.

Thought Byrne did enough to get more of a chance. Ojo, Holt, Wallace just seem like fillers to me which is criminal, if you can't get players in to improve the squad then just don't bother getting anybody. The only real spark of hope at the moment is Graham

I can't have too much of a go at Wallace as he has played one game in his actual position so far (Preston away, where he got 65 minutes but I think was shunted wide for the final 20 of them). He doesn't look very good on the left wing as shock horror, he has never played there and isn't a left winger. Same as last season, Jacobs got no starts, not a single one as the number ten, Edwards routinely gets 10 straight games or more there and puts in at best two acceptable performances along the way.

If we were to give Wallace a few games there and he didn't look up to the task then fine. But we don't even try it. And I can't accept the "he sees them every day in training" argument as a) I refuse to believe Dave Edwards looks any good in training, unless they're doing the bleep test or cross country, and b) he saw Jordan Graham every day in training and still picked Edwards, Ojo, Wallace, Van La Parra to play ahead of him despite none of them being anywhere near capable of what we've seen he can do.

In.

He's a safe pair of hands and we are clearly in transition. I appreciate this will piss people off, but this is a season of consolidation.

My fear though is his record in the transfer market. Ugh

I can't have this. Any half decent manager would be able to have us where we are now, it's not consolidation it's poor management in a poor league. We aren't the best side in the league but is this squad capable of better? Yes it is and Jackett is failing miserably to get the best out of them and in particular our best player who has been left on the bench for the last 2 games.

no other club would leave their best striker on the bench when we're desperate for goals. A similar situation in any other profession it would be gross negligence and a sacking.

I can't have this. Any half decent manager would be able to have us where we are now, it's not consolidation it's poor management in a poor league. We aren't the best side in the league but is this squad capable of better? Yes it is and Jackett is failing miserably to get the best out of them and in particular our best player who has been left on the bench for the last 2 games.

I'm afraid you have no choice but to accept it, as its my opinion!

As for Afobe, for me he needed a kick up the arse

I'm afraid you have no choice but to accept it, as its my opinion!

As for Afobe, for me he needed a kick up the arse

I know it is and i never said i don't accept it but i don't agree with it.

Don't agree with that either, what he needs is players around him who will help, link with and create chances with him. Unfortunately we don't have that and we play long balls and cross the ball far too often.

Yeah, I don't agree with that about Afobe either. Hardly as if he wasn't trying. We were just creating nothing, like we're now creating nothing for Alfie. Of course that is sort of inevitable when you have a central midfield pair who rarely get within 40 yards of goal and a number ten who averages under two assists per calendar year.

I can't have too much of a go at Wallace as he has played one game in his actual position so far (Preston away, where he got 65 minutes but I think was shunted wide for the final 20 of them). He doesn't look very good on the left wing as shock horror, he has never played there and isn't a left winger. Same as last season, Jacobs got no starts, not a single one as the number ten, Edwards routinely gets 10 straight games or more there and puts in at best two acceptable performances along the way.

If we were to give Wallace a few games there and he didn't look up to the task then fine. But we don't even try it. And I can't accept the "he sees them every day in training" argument as a) I refuse to believe Dave Edwards looks any good in training, unless they're doing the bleep test or cross country, and b) he saw Jordan Graham every day in training and still picked Edwards, Ojo, Wallace, Van La Parra to play ahead of him despite none of them being anywhere near capable of what we've seen he can do.

Spot on. the fact that Graham was the 8th choice as left winger blows the "sees them every day in training" argument completely out of the water.

In.

He's a safe pair of hands and we are clearly in transition. I appreciate this will piss people off, but this is a season of consolidation.

My fear though is his record in the transfer market. Ugh

How can this be described as a "season of consolidation?" It's a season of absolute decline. We're only consolidating in the sense that the team that started yesterday is no stronger than the team that started against MK Dons almost two years ago to the day.

I'd give him til the end of the season, unless things dramatically fall apart and we end up in the relegation zone, which we won't.

Then we can do what we should have done with McCarthy. Namely, wish him farewell, then choose from the pool of available managers (which is currently very shallow), and go from there.

How can this be described as a "season of consolidation?" It's a season of absolute decline. We're only consolidating in the sense that the team that started yesterday is no stronger than the team that started against MK Dons almost two years ago to the day.

I'm being generous.

It's a season of absolute decline.

Of course it is. We were a couple of goals off the play-offs last season due to one horrendous month and/or a couple of dodgy draws that on paper we should have won (Blackpool & Blouses spring to mind). Now we're treading water at the wrong end of the table due to one player leaving. One. If we'd have bought one player to replace him with the money we've spaffed on players who don't even get a sniff maybe things could be different, or maybe it's just me being cynical. We've already transitioned back to the nineties and I'm sure we'll consolidate in the Championship for another few years yet at this rate.

I would give him until the end of the season, we need to show some sort of improvement by then. Don't see us making play offs or being relegated his season but there has to be a sign of progress between now and the end of the season.

The idea that a club should or even can "consolidate" in a given league is utterly ridiculous.

The most damning thing is how far we've regressed from last season. yes we lost our best player(s) but from August to January we still played some decent stuff we just missed that clinical striker in Afobe in games such as Rotherham/Blackpool and Blues, which then fell into place January onwards. This season we've abandoned any sense of style aside from half an hour against QPR where we looked unplayable. I'd like to think on this forum we can compartmentalise what is within and outside Jacketts remit and sadly for me he's systematically failed everything within his power.

I don't. Consolidation would be absolutely fine upstairs with the big boys. In the Championship it is simply not good enough.

Back