• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

KJ Recount: Has KJ Lost all support

Kenny Jackett IN or OUT (closes 18/12)

• Total voters
I'm one of those seven, however I'm not stupid to see that every game we fail to win (especially at home to poor opponents) and every strange puzzling selections he makes will be the death of him very soon. Does he go with ALF up front again next week, If so then knock a few of the seven off and add them to the yes column. Going into the Leeds game with Benik on the bench again and one 5 foot nothing up front with (Paula Radcliffe copyright Lavelle) will bring apathy to the boil before kick off. Would possible be a dead man standing after next week.

I think a bit like Tony, dont think he will be sacked right now..dont know who to get in..not totally convinced by monk

I think a bit like Tony, dont think he will be sacked right now..dont know who to get in..not totally convinced by monk

Monks going to look at the bigger option, will the Newcastle job be open soon. Every defeat for Steeve could be his last, even though they won last week he needs back to back wins.

Why is there a myth that because we have been put up for sale Jackett will not be sacked yet....

He's completely lost the plot. Far too negative and clueless when it comes to substitutions. I think, despite the crass bullshite he spouts after every game, his confidence is shot. OUT, please, ASAP.

This thread title is silly as Frank will support him no matter what.

Why is there a myth that because we have been put up for sale Jackett will not be sacked yet....

I assume the idea is that Morgan and Moxey can't be arsed to pick a new manager whilst knowing they're on borrowed time at the club?

For me, apathy has risen to a new level. I love The Wolves, but this current malaise has affected me so much that, instead of driving all the way down from Scarborough to Wolverhampton, I shall instead be going to watch Burton play at Bradford on Boxing Day. I reckon I'll see better football and will not come away feeling angry and frustrated. This is the first time, since I first became a Wolves Supporter in 1967, that I will have ever done this. Jackett OUT!

This thread title is silly as Frank will support him no matter what.

Not necessarily so. I said on another thread that I am now wondering whether KJ has taken Wolves as far as he can. Though in all my years supporting the club the only manager I vocally de larded I wanted out was Tommy Docherty. Regarding KJ, I have voted for him to stay, but it was a very tight call, and he needs to turn things round quickly.

First of all it is really sad to see how the current way Wolves are playing and just the general feeling of being around the club is making a lot of you feel about not going to matches or getting excited about this season, and I can understand that. I was debating myself if I really felt like going to watch or just give it a miss and spend time away from Wolves, because just lately I come home in a mood after most matches and well I just have to thank my wife for being very understanding. It feels as if all the good will and that bond the club was so keen on re-building after relegation to league one has been smashed by one thing after another this season, from a less than impressive transfer window, lies to fans about going for an automatic promotion push or replacing Sako for a like for like player (which have been spouted by various people from the club at one time or another), the McDonald contract saga, Morgan upping sticks at a badly timed part of the season and then just plain unlucky incidents such as Dicho injury go on to compound this feeling.

The matter of Jackett though off pitch problems aside and however the Wolves recruitment process works which I am sure he does get a big say in, as it was stated by Moxey that Jackett had refused a loan option of Ameobi. Which Kenny has not denied I just do not understand why it seems to pain him so much to use any of his new recruits for even 5 minutes in a match. It was clear by 60 minutes Edwards was absolutely knackered on Friday night and we needed a change of fresh legs in midfield, maybe could of played Afobe in his fabled number 10 role or anything just to give us some more energy and ideas. Henry another example just was not happening for him why not give Bryne or Wallace 10-15 minutes, give them a chance let them build some confidence and get some experience, and most importantly actually feel wanted by the club. Its quite obvious this is a season where we are going to be hanging about mid table, ideal to let these players get some experience and game time, and maybe just maybe if we can get a roll going as it's not totally impossible have a push for play off's later in season (which I do doubt highly will happen). I voted for Kenny to go last poll and I still stand by that I really hoped he would turn things around but its just not happening for him. Has he lost the players or do they feel the malaise that the fans are also starting to feel this season? Maybe he has but they certainly don't seem to be able to put a good 90 minutes in for him, he doesn't seem to be able to effect a match when it is staring to slip from us and lets face it his substitutions were not even that good in league one. I do feel in the long term for the team to flourish and have a more fluid ability to change formation mid match Kenny has to go. He is not going anywhere fast at the moment and I feel like a few others have posted it would take a run of catastrophic proportions to see him leave before we have new owners. So as I hold him responsible for these tepid match day performances, tactics and the irrational fear of making substitutions, Kenny your out for me if you have not lost the team already you are starting to lose a lot of fans quick.

Last edited:
Who says it's a myth? My view is as long as relegation isn't on the cards the Board will support him. We are 9 points clear and picking up enough points along with the bottom 3 looking weak to ensure we won't be in a serious relegation battle. A new manager will expect investment in Jan, KJ will put up with little to none. IF Afobe is sold he'll pretend the decision was his own, just as he did with Stearman.

He and his staff would need paying off and if we went for a manager in employment we'd need to pay compensation. With STH already signed up our crowds won't fall much below the 17.5k mark and the fans in the ground at the moment haven't collectively turned on the manager. As much as the formations, substitutions, failure to select what is perceived as the correct players in the correct positions frustrates the hell out of the fans, I think the majority don't believe he is solely to blame for the situation we are in this season. You could argue the hatred of Moxey and Morgan by some has actually took a lot of the pressure off the manager that he would have had in years gone by, if you like a type of the much used word apathy.

On the one hand I hope they don't turn as I respect the job he did and he deserves better than being hounded out, however on the other it's the only way I can see him leaving in the next 2 months. Early bird renewal time may be more of a dilemma for the Board if we are in a similar position to now, but even then I think ultimately there are 10k+ who will sign up irrespective of what is happening on the pitch or in the Boardroom

I tend to agree with Tony, Moxey would only move should we find ourselves In the bottom three, new ownership and the ambition that goes with it will ring the changes, we're in limbo at the moment and it's showing everywhere although the crowd of 'exactly 20,000' bucked that trend Friday night.

Voted "OUT", as I did last time. I think nothing will happen until the end of the season, though - isn't KJ on a rolling one-year contract (again the scrimp and save option)?

It's a pity Sky One doesn't still have the fictional series "Dream Team" in its schedules, or any plans to bring it back. The saga at Wolves over the last five seasons would provide so many storylines. The double relegation, the clear-out of the trouble-making mercenaries, the youth players coming through, the bargain basement signings that prove to be gems, the plethora of useless ones which were huge mistakes, the Chairman (allegedly) walking away after buying the club for a Tenner and getting abuse from a minority of fans (as well as away supporters?), the lunatic Chief Executive (allegedly) more interested in pie sales than performances on the pitch, a head coach so cool for two seasons then suddenly becomes a rabbit in headlights (and unable to defend his constant playing of a largely ineffective attacking midlfielder - what will be the "big reveal" as to why this is constantly happening?), the revolving door of potential new owners whose motivations are far from obvious (wishful thinking?), the succession of injuries to loan players after the loan window has shut, the bizarre recall of a very handy loan player who is then not even on the bench for the team he is contracted to, and will the Chief Executive risk a fan revolt by selling their biggest playing asset in the January transfer window?

Meanwhile, you look at the team - Batth, Iorfa, Byrne, Graham, Price, McDonald, Afobe as your magnificent 7, plus ALF on loan, and Martinez to come back this season, and in effect we are just two January signings (bar any more injuries) away from a Championship-winning team.

As Lord Sugar would no doubt say to KJ to round off the season by uttering the immortal words... "On reflection, Kenny, it is with regret I have to say... YOU'RE FIRED!".

I voted 'Yes', but just by a whisker.

I enjoy reading the (generally) balanced views on here and don't tend to post much given the relatively limited number of games I get to. That said, whilst taking into account stats and differing opinions, I can only call it on what I get to see. To be honest, the last two games I've seen (Ipswich away and Mk Dons home) I didn't actually think we were that bad.

Also, with any upward curve it's bound to stall at certain points. There was an inevitability (IMO) we'd drop off a bit this season so mid-table hasn't come as too much of a surprise.

None of this though exonerates Jackett from his self-inflicted criticism, he really is his own worst enemy at times. So the 'Yes' vote is quite benevolent and given in hope he can sort things out. Sadly, the indicators are looking increasingly like he can't.

Voted "OUT", as I did last time. I think nothing will happen until the end of the season, though - isn't KJ on a rolling one-year contract (again the scrimp and save option)?

It's a pity Sky One doesn't still have the fictional series "Dream Team" in its schedules, or any plans to bring it back. The saga at Wolves over the last five seasons would provide so many storylines. The double relegation, the clear-out of the trouble-making mercenaries, the youth players coming through, the bargain basement signings that prove to be gems, the plethora of useless ones which were huge mistakes, the Chairman (allegedly) walking away after buying the club for a Tenner and getting abuse from a minority of fans (as well as away supporters?), the lunatic Chief Executive (allegedly) more interested in pie sales than performances on the pitch, a head coach so cool for two seasons then suddenly becomes a rabbit in headlights (and unable to defend his constant playing of a largely ineffective attacking midlfielder - what will be the "big reveal" as to why this is constantly happening?), the revolving door of potential new owners whose motivations are far from obvious (wishful thinking?), the succession of injuries to loan players after the loan window has shut, the bizarre recall of a very handy loan player who is then not even on the bench for the team he is contracted to, and will the Chief Executive risk a fan revolt by selling their biggest playing asset in the January transfer window?

Meanwhile, you look at the team - Batth, Iorfa, Byrne, Graham, Price, McDonald, Afobe as your magnificent 7, plus ALF on loan, and Martinez to come back this season, and in effect we are just two January signings (bar any more injuries) away from a Championship-winning team.

As Lord Sugar would no doubt say to KJ to round off the season by uttering the immortal words... "On reflection, Kenny, it is with regret I have to say... YOU'RE FIRED!".

Keep dreaming.

Foolishly watched Eddie Howe being interviewed yesterday. That's what you want in a manager: articulate, intelligent. Not the bumbling crap that Ken now comes out with

It's a hoary old chestnut, we were always only two or three signings away from staying in the Premier League.

In.

He's a safe pair of hands and we are clearly in transition. I appreciate this will piss people off, but this is a season of consolidation.

My fear though is his record in the transfer market. Ugh

Back