• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Kenny Jackett - The pleaes leave now Poll

No Jacket Required.. ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Any chance some wide awake Mod can put an 's' into pleae in the title.

That made me laugh more than it should have and I think that there must be something wrong with me as I've just chuckled at a post from Deja Vu too.

....I'm OK now. Just read a joke from WH in the general chatter and it didn't even raise a smile.

He outright stopped crossing the ball last season. Probably didn't send over 30 crosses in the entire campaign which is ridiculous for an attacking full back. He'd get high up the pitch, but it was always just a short five yard ball inside to Sako or McDonald when he overlapped.

Of course we now field someone at left back who has less of a left foot than Alex Zanardi, which works out brilliantly.

That gave me a good chuckle too.

Interesting to hear Golbourne's thoughts on it. I know he wasn't the greatest LB that ever lived, but my goodness it bugs me that we have a poor RB playing there in his place. Barring the odd iffy moment, he was/is a decent, proper full back.

I had a weird dream a while back where someone somehow quantified positioning and what a good LB does, etc. :icon_lol: There were stats involved of crosses stopped, play broken down, all sorts.

Imagine! Would be fascinating to see a comparison. Somehow. Just to see what it'd look like for curiosity's sake. Ashley Cole vs Golbourne vs Doherty.

Edit: Rambling.

I can give you Doherty's "crosses stopped" stat if you like.

Haha, how about if the one or two includes accidentally getting in the way?

If a tree falls in the woods, would Matt Doherty be within 15 yards of his man at the time?

I couldn't finish that, I was getting too angry.

I really don't want to insult his intelligence but only an idiot could say those things in our situation.

Snap. Or +1 or whatever we say these days. I couldn't finish it either.

I'm beginning to think KJ is losing or has lost control of the players and is getting no support from the two above him who'll quite happily let him be the scapegoat. I notice the club has failed to make a comment on VLP's post and the recent tweets by Batth and Byrne concerning the loan of Wallace make the issue more pressing. The Moxey OUT shouts need to grow louder.

I'm beginning to think KJ is losing or has lost control of the players and is getting no support from the two above him who'll quite happily let him be the scapegoat. I notice the club has failed to make a comment on VLP's post and the recent tweets by Batth and Byrne concerning the loan of Wallace make the issue more pressing. The Moxey OUT shouts need to grow louder.

• The club don't need to say anything about the VLP post
  • Moxey didn't send Wallace out on loan
  • Surely anything to do with the abject style of play and shite results have nothing whatsoever to do with Moxey?

The 'Moxey out' chants are misguided. The club should expect criticism for this appalling season but if there must be vocal criticism, that ire should be directed towards the individual responsible for the weekly snoozefests we're currently forced to endure. And he's sat (or stood) in the dugout, not the directors box.

Our abject style can be sorted though can't it. You remove the cause. So, right now, that is Moxeys job to do. So he has as much blame as the man putting the stuff on the pitch.

For myself it is about working internally at the next game or the next run of games, making sure that short term there is a focus with Brentford quickly followed by Derby.

“Then there is slightly longer term planning as well as if you plan too short-term there can be too many different changes of personnel and shape.

Kenny Jackett

Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgghhhhhh......So basically he's saying it will be the same ridiculous attempt at a 'defensive style' for tonight and Derby, and then he might consider changing things.
Such unimaginative garbage. I wish he would just fuck off.

Our abject style can be sorted though can't it. You remove the cause. So, right now, that is Moxeys job to do. So he has as much blame as the man putting the stuff on the pitch.

Abso-fucking-lutely

• The club don't need to say anything about the VLP post
  • Moxey didn't send Wallace out on loan
  • Surely anything to do with the abject style of play and $#@!e results have nothing whatsoever to do with Moxey?

The 'Moxey out' chants are misguided. The club should expect criticism for this appalling season but if there must be vocal criticism, that ire should be directed towards the individual responsible for the weekly snoozefests we're currently forced to endure. And he's sat (or stood) in the dugout, not the directors box.

Get what you are saying about the football but there is one common denominator for every farce the club continually slides in to over the past few years and that is Jeremy Moxey. He is accountable for the all shit that the Marketing Dept has been sending out and also accountable for the crap the players share on Social Media. He is also accountable for all the rubbish that was spoken about Afobe. Time for him to go ..

Back