• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Kenny Jackett - The pleaes leave now Poll

No Jacket Required.. ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I missed the !! off.
Such a shame as I like the man, but he's dragging us down further than we should be.

Not sacked yet?

The way I felt (feel) over recent managers when it became clear that time was up:

McCarthy (Connor): Thanks for everything but this is as far as we're going to get.
Solbakken: Not working, a shame, but we move on.
Saunders: Buffoon.
Jackett: Contemptible, clueless fraud of a manager and the longer he stays in position the more it makes last season's flirtation with the play offs appear to be a anomaly.

Jackett was brought in to halt our decline. He was seen as a safe bet and he has been a success in doing that. We are now at his Millwall level, bottom half of the table but above relegation.
Wolves are currently for sale and sacking KJ now is out of the question, it wont look good for the business, only a drop into the bottom 3 would force the clubs hand so expect KJ to be here to the seasons end.

Not sacking him makes the owner looks like he doesn't give a shit about the club anymore. I don't really see how/why it should make a difference.

You're more likely to sell your car if you keep up with the servicing and MOT....

The way I felt (feel) over recent managers when it became clear that time was up:

McCarthy (Connor): Thanks for everything but this is as far as we're going to get.
Solbakken: Not working, a shame, but we move on.
Saunders: Buffoon.
Jackett: Contemptible, clueless fraud of a manager and the longer he stays in position the more it makes last season's flirtation with the play offs appear to be a anomaly.
Jackett is the same as Mick. Brought in to do a job and did it well. Now he has reached his ceiling with us. The only thing clueless is those deciding to keep him. KJ is anything but a fraud of a manager.

Jackett was brought in to halt our decline. He was seen as a safe bet and he has been a success in doing that. We are now at his Millwall level, bottom half of the table but above relegation.
Wolves are currently for sale and sacking KJ now is out of the question, it wont look good for the business, only a drop into the bottom 3 would force the clubs hand so expect KJ to be here to the seasons end.

The gap between third bottom and us means we would only fall into the bottom three in the last couple of games of the season and that is WAY too late to change the manager!
The club being up for sale didn't stop Sir Jack sacking a failing manager, it is worse to keep hold of a clearly failing leader..What does that say to potential buyers?

The gap between third bottom and us means we would only fall into the bottom three in the last couple of games of the season and that is WAY too late to change the manager!
The club being up for sale didn't stop Sir Jack sacking a failing manager, it is worse to keep hold of a clearly failing leader..What does that say to potential buyers?

If Rotherham beat Brentford at the weekend while Wolves get thumped at home by Derby it could make the Wolves boardroom very uncomfortable.

The fear is if he stays until the 3rd May things could become very poisonous. This season has been an unmitigated disaster from start to finish.
KJ has had a lot to deal with, ownership, injuries etc.
But the results and performance levels have been hopeless at times, can't remember the last time we went out and dominated a side.
Certain players are nowhere near good enough for us.

If Rotherham beat Brentford at the weekend while Wolves get thumped at home by Derby it could make the Wolves boardroom very uncomfortable.

My point was change the manager NOW, don't wait till we collapse towards the bottom three or it will be too late. Irish Wolf seems happy to keep Jackett in case it looks "bad for business"...Relegation IS bad for business

My point was change the manager NOW, don't wait till we collapse towards the bottom three or it will be too late. Irish Wolf seems happy to keep Jackett in case it looks "bad for business"...Relegation IS bad for business

Is he saying he is happy or just that he thinks the board won't sack him?

My view is he should be sacked but I don't believe those in charge will make the decision though.

Kenny Jackett will do very well to survive if Wolves are well beaten by Derby County. Even our board will have to react if we continue to get worse.

I'd sooner he went today with some dignity rather than the possible humiliation in front of the cameras after a defeat on Saturday or even next Friday.

I think you could see his frustration in his comments about Williamson. He has being playing a formation since Xmas which is geared around protecting our abject defence, which in turn has given us little or no attacking threat. Last night he altered to a team or at least formation most have been calling for and we get humped because that abject defence is exposed. I think Williamson was the guy he thought could fix it, but he's caught Wolves new signing disease. We need a couple of players in on loan this week to freshen things up a left back and a left winger/midfield player

I'm absolutely in agreement about him protecting our abject defence but my feelings are that the players are in some form of revolt/sulk and Moxey and Thelwell have made the situation worse with their Afobe comments. Why have a structure that includes people specifically tasked with recruitment and then question the coach over these acquisitions? I stand by what I typed yesterday - I would rather have KJ until the end of the season and the other two gone. Put a couple of the kids in. We are down to our bare bones and VLP, Henry and Byrne are not the answer to our lack of attacking prowess. KJ cannot polish turds.

I'm absolutely in agreement about him protecting our abject defence but my feelings are that the players are in some form of revolt/sulk and Moxey and Thelwell have made the situation worse with their Afobe comments. Why have a structure that includes people specifically tasked with recruitment and then question the coach over these acquisitions? I stand by what I typed yesterday - I would rather have KJ until the end of the season and the other two gone. Put a couple of the kids in. We are down to our bare bones and VLP, Henry and Byrne are not the answer to our lack of attacking prowess. KJ cannot polish turds.

Good post Papper. I agree with everything that you have said, but can't see Thelwell and Moxey getting the push, so Kenny will have to go. The structure is set up that way.
I also think that Morgan should accept what he paid for Wolves and sell the club. He won't I know, but the cunt is getting an easy ride, while we go from bad to worse. It is very convenient for him, that he gets no blame, because he has put the club up for sale.
We can't keep doing nothing and I'm not blaming Kenny for the recruitment, but his head has gone and I'm sorry his body has to follow him.
The problem I have always had, is the same useless cunts will be selecting a new manager and that doesn't fill me with hope for the future.

I also think that Morgan should accept what he paid for Wolves and sell the club

You make it sound so so so so easy. Doesn't matter if he is giving it away, still require him to find someone who is willing to take over, has the funds to run us and more importantly isn't a moron that will have us in L2 inside 24 months and facing extinction (he has to do it because the Fit & Proper test won't)

If you think Morgan is getting no blame, then the Spanish Sun is getting to you.

He won't I know, but the cunt is getting an easy ride, while we go from bad to worse. It is very convenient for him, that he gets no blame, because he has put the club up for sale.

f9b19a5557c6f0eb7c1d2349c3d036fe.266x208x16.gif

You make it sound so so so so easy. Doesn't matter if he is giving it away, still require him to find someone who is willing to take over, has the funds to run us and more importantly isn't a moron that will have us in L2 inside 24 months and facing extinction (he has to do it because the Fit & Proper test won't)

If you think Morgan is getting no blame, then the Spanish Sun is getting to you.

Reading Comments on here, MolMix and Twitter you'd think the transaction in selling/buying a football club is the same as buying a bag of Pick N Mix from Woolworths.

Reading Comments on here, MolMix and Twitter you'd think the transaction in selling/buying a football club is the same as buying a bag of Pick N Mix from Woolworths.

Well it is.....mainly as Woolworths have gone bust so its fookin impossible to buy Pic a Mix from there.

Back