• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Kenny Jackett - The pleaes leave now Poll

No Jacket Required.. ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll just pop down the road to get a bag then....

You make it sound so so so so easy. Doesn't matter if he is giving it away, still require him to find someone who is willing to take over, has the funds to run us and more importantly isn't a moron that will have us in L2 inside 24 months and facing extinction (he has to do it because the Fit & Proper test won't)

If you think Morgan is getting no blame, then the Spanish Sun is getting to you.

My point is, he was being blamed for lack of investment last summer, then he puts the club up for sale and not that much gets said about him.
Who chose our recruitment policy and nearly all of our duff managers?
I'm not saying it's easy to sell a football club, I am saying if he wants out, he should accept what he paid for it. That way the club would be sold quicker and we could get some needed investment.
If he is trying to make money out of buying and selling Wolves, the club is suffering the consequences. The lack of investment, the lack of decision making and apathy in the club is clear to see.

My point is, he was being blamed for lack of investment last summer, then he puts the club up for sale and not that much gets said about him.
Who chose our recruitment policy and nearly all of our duff managers?
I'm not saying it's easy to sell a football club, I am saying if he wants out, he should accept what he paid for it. That way the club would be sold quicker and we could get some needed investment.
If he is trying to make money out of buying and selling Wolves, the club is suffering the consequences. The lack of investment, the lack of decision making and apathy in the club is clear to see.

1) Plenty is being said about him. All depends what you decide to read and ignore. For example - E&S poll has Morgan to blame for the mess we are in.
2) Morgan has chose 2 managers, 1 outright which was Saunders. He got burnt choosing Saunders and then did the right thing and walked away from being involved the recruitment process.
3) How do you what he is asking? Since he paid £30m + £10, do you know for a fact he is holding out for more than he put in? Also, if he wants to make money than thats his look out. I'm sure he would love nothing more than 1 person to come along, offer him £30m and show him they have the ability to run a club. Buying a football club takes months. If you remember when SJH finally found a buyer and announced it, it took a few more months before the £10 was being held up in Molineux.

The whole club is a mess from top to bottom and everyone is who is a major part in that (Morgan - Moxey - Thelwell - KJ) are getting their fair share of blame.

There isn't any evidence that a sale is being held up because the asking price is too high.

I like how we both had the same point but have somehow turned against each other, proper cyber logic there...Use a different shop name next time.

I've looked about a fair bit on this site and there's only two posters that consistently blame Morgan for not putting money into the club, one of them resides in Spain....

I've looked about a fair bit on this site and there's only two posters that consistently blame Morgan for not putting money into the club, one of them resides in Spain....

I guess how you look at things. For me, Morgan set his stool out early and said he wasn't going to use his own money, so why moan about him doing exactly what he said he was doing. The other side is that people want to spend someone else's money on something he doesn't want and has never wanted to.

The thing I don't get, and I read it everyday is how people are saying we are a mess because Morgan has pulled out, but the reality is we are no different to before as he wasn't going to put his own money in anyway.

Morgan putting the club up for sale helped speed up Afobe's exit

I guess how you look at things. For me, Morgan set his stool out early and said he wasn't going to use his own money, so why moan about him doing exactly what he said he was doing. The other side is that people want to spend someone else's money on something he doesn't want and has never wanted to.

The thing I don't get, and I read it everyday is how people are saying we are a mess because Morgan has pulled out, but the reality is we are no different to before as he wasn't going to put his own money in anyway.

Agreed.

You could say he's done the honourable thing really, with all the money that's now being thrown into Championship clubs he's realised that Wolves can't compete under his stewardship and so he's stepping aside rather than hold the club back.

The biggest consequence of him leaving - not just putting the club up for sale, he has actively walked away and at least as far as we know has nothing to do with running the club currently - is putting us into a situation where we are drifting aimlessly and the normal rules of running a football club appear to not apply as we are waiting for someone to take us over before we make any decisions of any magnitude (other than selling our best player for the first offer, of course). If Morgan were still at the helm would Kenny Jackett still be in a job with our run of three points from seven games and us sitting 15th in the table? Because no-one would have viewed that as anywhere near acceptable six months ago.

Well that must be the reason I think he doesn't get enough blame on this forum.
As it is I started to post about his lack of investment last August. I think events from then on, back up my claim.
Johnny, you just can't help personal attacks on posters. It is in your nature. You got banned for it a few weeks ago, don't start again. I know you can't help yourself, but that is the second time in 2 days. There is no need to mention the poster who lives in Spain.i know someone else has done today, which isn't that posters normal style of posting., but don't hide behind that and try to make yourself popular, because you aren't.
I could easily do the same to you, but it's pathetic. What you are doing is waiting for a few posters to have a go at one poster and then come in with your bullying tactics. It isn't good, funny or decent

Well that must be the reason I think he doesn't get enough blame on this forum.
As it is I started to post about his lack of investment last August. I think events from then on, back up my claim.Johnny, you just can't help personal attacks on posters. It is in your nature. You got banned for it a few weeks ago, don't start again. I know you can't help yourself, but that is the second time in 2 days. There is no need to mention the poster who lives in Spain.i know someone else has done today, which isn't that posters normal style of posting., but don't hide behind that and try to make yourself popular, because you aren't.
I could easily do the same to you, but it's pathetic. What you are doing is waiting for a few posters to have a go at one poster and then come in with your bullying tactics. It isn't good, funny or decent

HE HAS NEVER INVESTED. The difference being we've had either PL money or parachute money in the past.

The board need only look in this topic to see that we're all in agreement on one thing and, thus, you know something is horribly wrong.

HE HAS NEVER INVESTED. The difference being we've had either PL money or parachute money in the past.

OK, WOLVES HAVEN'T INVESTED ENOUGH since the end of last season. Who was in charge of Wolves and still will give the all clear if we can spend or not? STEVE MORGAN?

The club did prior to our promotion to the Premier League. Didn't we have a couple of years of making losses before reaching the top flight? I'm not sure how the cash was financed as in through bank loans or from Steve Morgan himself.

Deutsch, Yes, I think he would.

Likewise. I think they're more than aware of the balls up they made following previous sackings and are being cautious as a result.

Far too over cautious for pretty much everyone on here.

Back