• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Kenny Jackett - The pleaes leave now Poll

No Jacket Required.. ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgghhhhhh......So basically he's saying it will be the same ridiculous attempt at a 'defensive style' for tonight and Derby, and then he might consider changing things.
Such unimaginative garbage. I wish he would just $#@! off.
I like that he immediately contradicted himself about planning for the short and long term.

Get what you are saying about the football but there is one common denominator for every farce the club continually slides in to over the past few years and that is Jeremy Moxey. He is accountable for the all shit that the Marketing Dept has been sending out and also accountable for the crap the players share on Social Media. He is also accountable for all the rubbish that was spoken about Afobe. Time for him to go ..

Yep, that is a fair point.

TBH there isn't much within the club that doesn't need changing!

Yep, that is a fair point.

TBH there isn't much within the club that doesn't need changing!

And as much as the football is poor he made the right decision to change the style. As I said I have concerns that he is the one that'll be scapegoated when the players revolt. The silence from Moxey is deafening which most of the time I like. I will stand aside KJ rather than some of those players. He would have my full support in flushing out the waste and putting a few of the youth in.

Attack is the best defence... ;) maybe not playing barca, real or bayern but the likes of preston, huddersfield, bolton as such.....

Attack is the best defence... ;) maybe not playing barca, real or bayern but the likes of preston, huddersfield, bolton as such.....
I don't know about pure attacking, but we do indeed need to be defending from the front, not the back as we are now. That is what Dicko gives us that we are missing. We simply don't have midfielders who can play in tight spaces, barring Price (maybe), at the moment. And without Dicko's brilliance, opposing teams simply compress the field and we have no way out.

Yeah pressing a bit higher, conquer the ball higher up the pitch..read that golbourne wasnt allowed to attack that much, sad to hear

Yeah pressing a bit higher, conquer the ball higher up the pitch..read that golbourne wasnt allowed to attack that much, sad to hear
He did though. The issue was he we would then look for someone else to cross the ball.

Feel really sorry for Ken this morning. I dont really rate him as a manager any more but he's certainly better than his players are showing right now. I think last nights formation was pretty close to what most on here would've went with but his players let him down. They've completely bottled it.

I think you could see his frustration in his comments about Williamson. He has being playing a formation since Xmas which is geared around protecting our abject defence, which in turn has given us little or no attacking threat. Last night he altered to a team or at least formation most have been calling for and we get humped because that abject defence is exposed. I think Williamson was the guy he thought could fix it, but he's caught Wolves new signing disease. We need a couple of players in on loan this week to freshen things up a left back and a left winger/midfield player

Yes, but who's been coaching the defence for the last 2.5 years? Who's responsible for the morale of the players?

Yes, but who's been coaching the defence for the last 2.5 years? Who's responsible for the morale of the players?
I wasn't defending him, just empathising. We have spent the season with too few defensive options,with the exception of Doherty who just isn't very good they are all massively out of form yet we don't have anyone to bring in.

Feel really sorry for Ken this morning. I dont really rate him as a manager any more but he's certainly better than his players are showing right now. I think last nights formation was pretty close to what most on here would've went with but his players let him down. They've completely bottled it.

I have zero sympathy for him. They're his players in his shit style getting shit results. Deserves all he gets.

Any Championship club would be missing the players we currently have out injured.

I'm with Lycan.
Surely a manager can't
Instruct players to be that bad

I think you disproved this argument last night with your assessment of Pearson. Ranieri has worked wonders with essentially the same bunch of players. Hiddink the same, Saunders the opposite. It happens with a directionless manager a lot. Danny Wilson is famous for losing the plot at a variety of clubs. Mourinho famously can't do more than 3 seasons at a club due to his style, and he's regarded as one of the best managers ever to live.

Back