• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Kenny Jackett - The pleaes leave now Poll

No Jacket Required.. ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It is all very bizarre. I understand Stu's stance as its all up in the air but I don't feel like we are going to be taken over anytime soon. I could be completely wrong of course.

I do think there are good options out there though, and that's without considering looking abroad. Justin Edinburgh might not come to us right now but he's someone I would hope we are looking at. Johnson I rated from his Oldham days and as I have said - think we missed out there. Very young though.

On Edwards he hasn't done his pro license yet but I feel like part of the plan at the club is for him to be a future manager, potentially. A few months in charge (where we are not in danger of going down) might be a good experience for him.

Id rather we appointed someone with the idea they have a few months now to settle in, learn about his players, what we need and be able to have next season in mind to make a better go of it.

Pearson has PL experience, but is kind of an asshole, Monk has some PL knowledge..Sherwood likes to give young players a chance...KJ, likes to play defensively without the goal to win

It is all very bizarre. I understand Stu's stance as its all up in the air but I don't feel like we are going to be taken over anytime soon. I could be completely wrong of course.

I do think there are good options out there though, and that's without considering looking abroad. Justin Edinburgh might not come to us right now but he's someone I would hope we are looking at. Johnson I rated from his Oldham days and as I have said - think we missed out there. Very young though.

On Edwards he hasn't done his pro license yet but I feel like part of the plan at the club is for him to be a future manager, potentially. A few months in charge (where we are not in danger of going down) might be a good experience for him.

Id rather we appointed someone with the idea they have a few months now to settle in, learn about his players, what we need and be able to have next season in mind to make a better go of it.

i agree, we'd be lucky if anything happened quickly and obviously it could take a lot longer. as has been said by a number of people, unless something is imminent, a sale at an unknown future time is not a sufficient reason not to be addressing what is very poor form and performances.

I'd have Monk in a heartbeat.

I think KJ is making a real hash of things and is sadly undoing all of the good work he's done over the last 2 years - and that's very sad.

I'll never dislike the guy and I do find some of the criticism of him way too harsh (relating to what he did prior to this season) but it's clear to me that he's taken us as far as he can.

I just don't want it to get any worse for the guy. I don't think he deserves to leave under a cloud. Not everyone will agree with this but he's still in the zone of being able to leave with my best wishes and thanks for what he's done for Wolves.

But I do think he should leave now. I'm a very patient fan but even I have a limit!

Totally agree with allllll of the above. While he appears to have lost the plot completely from the seemingly-sensible chap of 18 months ago I do think some of the stuff directed at him is way over the top. Perspective. He's just a guy doing a poor job, not some horrific, life-destroying, puppy-kicking deviant.

:tiphat:

Some guy on the Mix has said to get the best out of our players, he only reckons there's one man for the job, Dave Jones.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Some guy on the Mix has said to get the best out of our players, he only reckons there's one man for the job, Dave Jones.

Thanks for that sickening thought on a Monday morning, I would rather give Kenny Jackett a contract extention than have that numskull back.

if Dave was in we'd be huffing and puffing so much we're liable to blow all of Steve's houses down. so no chance of that happening.

Thanks for that sickening thought on a Monday morning, I would rather give Kenny Jackett a contract extention than have that numskull back.

Yeh all those exciting performances and players of real class donning the gold and black, nightmare.

Don't get me wrong, he's yesterdays man but he did well for us.

Cheers for the reply. My take is that the best manager we could get won't be available to us while we are up for sale, so would perhaps rather hang on replacing until then. I'm on record as hating chopping and changing managers and that view hasn't changed.

How many manager changes did we make while Sir Jack had us for sale though North West? We managed to have a couple of useless ones and then brought in Mick who did a great job and was kept by the new buyer.

The two, sale and new manager, are not connected in the situation we find ourselves in unless the new buyer is going to be in place by May or June at the latest. (THIS May or June!)

Yeh all those exciting performances and players of real class donning the gold and black, nightmare.

Don't get me wrong, he's yesterdays man but he did well for us.

Didn't he make some equally stupid "Jackett decisions"? He did play Carl Cort on the wing didn't he?

If there is a buyer lined up, maybe more than one, wouldn't it make sense to talk to them about a new manager to see whether it would scupper any deal? If there is someone waiting in the wings for a summer takeover and they have lined up their new manager then it certainly explains the current malaise and the lack of any hard information. If there is no-one lined up to buy the club then there is no reason not to get rid of the manager so we can start planning for next season.

Any chance some wide awake Mod can put an 's' into pleae in the title.

We finished seventh last year and for whatever reason our league position has drifted away from just outside the play offs to halfway

I think we all know what the reasons for that are, Ken...

Back