• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Kenny Jackett - The pleaes leave now Poll

No Jacket Required.. ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unless you are close to a buyer who is willing to join the race to reach the Greed League you ideally need a team that is focused on recruiting, motivating and developing talent. I still feel that firstly the problem has to be solved at a higher level. It is all about people and people skills. We don't have any of that. The club is toxic.

Really? So Terry Connor got us promoted did he?

Steve Walsh is the director of football/ chief recruitment officer Paddy. Craig Shakespeare is the #2 for both Pearson and Ranieri.

Edit: Not to be confused with the CB/ STR/ Carthorse Steve Walsh either.

So Leicester follow Reading, Swansea and a plethora of other clubs as being the benchmark/blueprint.

Or was it Everton ???

I think there are two factors against a new manager. Jackett being a Moxey appointment and Moxey not liking to admit he is wrong and the Connor factor preventing us from appointing Edwards as the short term replacement.

Interesting angle, hadn't considered that.

The call to protest heightens. This means that some who don't go will actually have to go to protest.

It's like raiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ....................

Interesting angle, hadn't considered that.

If you look at our recent manager history:

Jones (Moxey) kept too long.
Hoddle (Moxey) kept too long.
McCarthey (Moxey) kept too long.
Solbakken (Morgan) too early or right time.
Saunders (Morgan) right time.
Jackett (Moxey) kept too long.

So Leicester follow Reading, Swansea and a plethora of other clubs as being the benchmark/blueprint.

Or was it Everton ???

Not really, more of a traditional recruitment role where the manager has the final say rather than the mess we seem to have now.

I am heartened to know there are two Steve Walsh's. I couldn't reconcile the carthorse Bully used to battle against with the European Scout

Not really, more of a traditional recruitment role where the manager has the final say rather than the mess we seem to have now.

Mess is being polite. We have set up where they all say they are on the same page. Page Number might be the same but they all reading different books.

Do you know he doesn't? I have said since the Stearman sale that it wasn't the case, but would be interested to know if you are aware of it as a fact given your industry knowledge

As I said Leicester become the latest blueprint/benchmark.

Do you know he doesn't? I have said since the Stearman sale that it wasn't the case, but would be interested to know if you are aware of it as a fact given your industry knowledge

The system that operates means there is a continuum above KJ's head. If he goes someone else falls into place in the particular jigsaw they operate. The failing is not the system it is the people at all levels. My personal feeling is that KJ is the least of our problems.

If you look at our recent manager history:

Jones (Moxey) kept too long.
Hoddle (Moxey) kept too long.
McCarthey (Moxey) kept too long.
Solbakken (Morgan) too early or right time.
Saunders (Morgan) right time.
Jackett (Moxey) kept too long.

According to that Alex Ferguson should have gone long before he did. The failure is to identify both short term and long term who can do the job. That includes Moxey and Thelwell.

I've only second hand knowledge to know that Thelwell has his hand on the tiller and that was a few seasons ago now. To me it looks like somebody else is buying the players Jackett doesn't want and Jackett isn't playing them. I'm not buying the line from the club at all that Jackett has the final say as if he did he would've played both Wallace and Byrne once both were up to speed. No manager buys players not to play them.

However I have seen CEO's and DoF's buy players managers actively dislike. That never ends well.

It's a strange one Jackett himself has said they wouldn't sign anyone he didn't want. Doesn't help himself by saying that if they are signing footballers without his say. I have absolutely no idea who does what at Wolves anymore, just a big mess.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Back