• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Kenny Jackett - The pleaes leave now Poll

No Jacket Required.. ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Might be by myself here, but I think we are just limping along until the finish line. Then in the summer a new owner will come in, along with a new manager - and there will be lots of ins and outs in the playing staff. The likes of Dicko & Graham will be back from injury for pre-season and it'll be next season that we really push on. It could be useful thinking, but that's what I think the plan is. Maybe Kenny has already been given a heads up that this is the plan which is why he's happy to churn out the same anti-football week in week out, just to make sure we do enough not to get dragged in to a relegation battle?

With so many major changes on the horizon, I'm not surprised to see him keep hold of his job for the time being. It seems this season has been written off by everyone.

This is where I sit too, although Graham isn't due back for a while

Graham did all the ligaments in his knee rather than just the ACL, didn't he?

MCL and ACL (and both cartilages I would wager). There are 13 ligaments in the knee so I wouldn't say he did them all but he did do 2 of the major 4.

Well we're up for sale, so someone else will TAKE US OVER.

Happy to spell this out for you [emoji106]

Remind me how long Everton, Villa and Albion have been up for sale and how many managerial changes they've made during this time?

Which is fine, but I suspect it could be far sooner, hence my view.

I don't get what a short term appointment would achieve in all honesty.

Jackett not being in charge would be an achievement.

I have never been an advocate of ditching managers doing a season, the only three where I have thought otherwise have been Hoddle, Solbakken and Jackett and the common thread is that they served up dross way beyond what is acceptable and they did so over a prolonged period of time with no obvious signs that things would improve.

Which is fine, but I suspect it could be far sooner, hence my view.

I don't get what a short term appointment would achieve in all honesty.

Fair enough if you think that we will be taken over sooner than later - that was my reasoning previously for not getting rid. However, the football is appalling and people are losing interest. I think we missed the boat with Lee Johnson, for example.

Fair enough if you think that we will be taken over sooner than later - that was my reasoning previously for not getting rid. However, the football is appalling and people are losing interest. I think we missed the boat with Lee Johnson, for example.

There's a lot of different factions appearing. Some blame Morgan, some Moxey, some Thelwell some Jackett

Talk of protests, but against what and who, with the intention of achieving what?

Morgan has already put us up for sale after all!

You'd assume a new owner would want his choice of manager to lead his substantial investment.

This is the only reason jackett is still here..he is even trying to get himself sacked with those selections..ffs a sunday league manager would select a better team..

Kenny Jackett - The pleae leave now Poll

Why would you assume that? Football clubs change ownership all the time without it being the case that a new manager is inevitable.

I think it's logical, and to be expected.
Maybe not immediately, but inevitably IMO it would happen.

I also think a new owner with promises of cash could attract a far better calibre of manager then we could hope to at the moment.

There's hardly anyone realistic I feel we
could attract currently.

I think that depends on if the new ownership really signals a complete step-change in terms of funding and planned direction. For instance, Ranieri was always dead man walking from the moment Abramovic bought Chelsea. If there is no big step change then the manager brought in could survive I guess.

As the club needs the step-change ideally though, I do take your point. However, we cannot just bumble on into next season like this. Molineux would be like a particularly poisonous morgue by September.

I think it's logical, and to be expected.
Maybe not immediately, but inevitably IMO it would happen.

I also think a new owner with promises of cash could attract a far better calibre of manager then we could hope to at the moment.

There's hardly anyone realistic I feel we
could attract currently.

Why assume that any new owner is coming in with promises of cash to spend? The club can't tread water indefinitely and avoid making decisions based on what ifs and maybes. We should already be planning for next season regardless of the ownership issue and if we continue as we are we could end up being in a terminal decline.

Why assume that any new owner is coming in with promises of cash to spend? The club can't tread water indefinitely and avoid making decisions based on what ifs and maybes. We should already be planning for next season regardless of the ownership issue and if we continue as we are we could end up being in a terminal decline.

I don't think we can plan while everything is so up in the air.

Back