• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Kenny Jackett - The pleaes leave now Poll

No Jacket Required.. ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But KJ absolutely is giving a prospective owner the reason to bin him off. If the current regime do so they may replace with the right man for us and all is hunky dory. Or they may go for a short term stop-gap for the remainder of this ghastly season as it really can hardly get any worse with the bottom sides being so abject that relegation would take some achieving.

And you don't know that any potential replacement for KJ wouldn't do the same.

As I've said previously, I can't see a manager I feel we would attract who could take us forward long term in our current state.

So IMO that's why I feel the way I do

Now is the perfect time to change. New guy comes in with nothing to lose which gives him time to assess the squad and get his targets in mind for the summer. If we end the season with an upturn in performances it might generate enough goodwill to salvage season ticket sales.

As I've said previously, I can't see a manager I feel we would attract who could take us forward long term in our current state.

So IMO that's why I feel the way I do

Pearson, Monk and Sherwood would come. Yes I'd take Sherwood over Kenny now. He'd play people in the right positions and he'd motivate them which would be an improvement. Jesus, Rob Edwards is worth a pop at this stage.

I would also take any of those three over KJ

I wouldn't have Sherwood ever. I'm guessing his motivational technique is just bawling at people. Ince style.

Well we're up for sale, so someone else will TAKE US OVER.

Happy to spell this out for you [emoji106]
I knew exactly what you were saying. It just makes no sense whatsoever, as has already been proved in this thread by several posters.

Imagine if Jackett starts in this manner in August and we quickly become embroiled in a relegation scrap. Should we carry on waiting for this fabled takeover before sacking him?

I wouldn't have Sherwood ever. I'm guessing his motivational technique is just bawling at people. Ince style.

No chance, Sherwood would be a proper arm round the shoulder blowing smoke up their arses type, no way he'd be screaming at people calling them shit.

He's tactically very simplistic but with the right players it could be enough in the Championship, he steamrolled the weaker sides whilst at Spurs doing nothing more than loading the box at every opportunity.

No chance, Sherwood would be a proper arm round the shoulder blowing smoke up their arses type, no way he'd be screaming at people calling them $#@!.

He's tactically very simplistic but with the right players it could be enough in the Championship, he steamrolled the weaker sides whilst at Spurs doing nothing more than loading the box at every opportunity.

This. He also got the best out of Villa simply by playing to their strengths - Benteke. He had a mare this season but they don't look any better under Garde and you could easily argue that Villa's decline has been long term anyway.

I remember an interview where he slated Hoddle for his man management and the lack of respect with which he treated players so I can't imagine he'd be the same.

This. He also got the best out of Villa simply by playing to their strengths - Benteke. He had a mare this season but they don't look any better under Garde and you could easily argue that Villa's decline has been long term anyway.

I remember an interview where he slated Hoddle for his man management and the lack of respect with which he treated players so I can't imagine he'd be the same.

The big problem I'd see for Sherwood at Wolves would be whether the current squad suit his limited way of playing, it was all focused around a big man up top at both Spurs and Villa, deliveries from wide areas and plenty of support from midfield to get numbers in the box. Don't really see the components in place for that to work at Wolves currently, could Sigurdarson fill the big man up top brief? He's got the frame but doesn't really seem to play that way, nor does he have the goalscoring record to make it look likely, wide areas aren't looking too smart at the moment either, then the less said about the support through the middle the better, there's no-one currently available that's going to make those sort of runs in the middle of the park.

The big problem I'd see for Sherwood at Wolves would be whether the current squad suit his limited way of playing, it was all focused around a big man up top at both Spurs and Villa, deliveries from wide areas and plenty of support from midfield to get numbers in the box. Don't really see the components in place for that to work at Wolves currently, could Sigurdarson fill the big man up top brief? He's got the frame but doesn't really seem to play that way, nor does he have the goalscoring record to make it look likely, wide areas aren't looking too smart at the moment either, then the less said about the support through the middle the better, there's no-one currently available that's going to make those sort of runs in the middle of the park.

Agreed. We are not set up for that style at all. If he's a guy who makes the best of what he's got then he would look at the squad and set us up accordingly. You could argue that ANY manager worth his salt would do that but this doesn't happen under Jackett and hasn't for a long time.

I knew exactly what you were saying. It just makes no sense whatsoever, as has already been proved in this thread by several posters.

Imagine if Jackett starts in this manner in August and we quickly become embroiled in a relegation scrap. Should we carry on waiting for this fabled takeover before sacking him?

Nothing has been proved whatsoever. It's a difference in opinion, however some posters can respect other opinions, even if they don't agree.

Pearson, Monk and Sherwood would come. Yes I'd take Sherwood over Kenny now. He'd play people in the right positions and he'd motivate them which would be an improvement. Jesus, Rob Edwards is worth a pop at this stage.

I wouldn't want Pearson ever. He's over rated for me, hugely.
Monk, hmmm. Not sure.
Sherwood. Never, ever.

AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH. came in clicked onto last post and thought we'd appointed Sherwood as manager. Scrolled backwards and found we hadn't - not sure now if i'm disappointed or pleased. Probably disappointed.

Pearson yes please. Sherwood never. Monk - undecided, but probably no.

Jackett has got to go, it's beyond farcical now. Pearson would be my ideal choice, but I'd try anything to shake things up, even give Edwards the reigns until the end of the season.

I think there are two factors against a new manager. Jackett being a Moxey appointment and Moxey not liking to admit he is wrong and the Connor factor preventing us from appointing Edwards as the short term replacement.

Back