• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Kenny Jackett - The pleaes leave now Poll

No Jacket Required.. ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Surely, last night was Mick's West Brom moment?

The thing is Ken's already had moments like this and Jez hasn't acted. Bristol away was far worse than last night.

The thing is Ken's already had moments like this and Jez hasn't acted. Bristol away was far worse than last night.

Not in terms of score line though. I'm not sure that many wanted rid at the Bristol stage, although it was the start.

I would say all of the following were legitimately awful enough performances (on the back of rubbish league position etc) to justify a "that is the final straw" sacking:

Brentford (H)
Bristol City
MK Dons
Leeds
Sheff Wed
Cardiff
Bolton
Preston
Huddersfield
Brentford (A)

I'd say Reading at home as well but we did win (somehow) so that was never going to happen.

Teflon Ken.

We don't have money to spend unless he invests. He said from day one he won't invest. So, if he did say, yes you can invest, where is that money coming from?

We have recieved parachute payments, player sales ect. At the end of the day it still will be Morgan who will decide if we can have the money to buy a player or not. The point that we have lacked players in certain positions will because he hasn't allowed us to invest in players that we need. It will be down to the recruitment team too, but if our wage structure has stopped us getting the players we need, it will because he hasn't allowed the club to invest in players. The recruitment team have made major mistakes too of course. But we are we are now, down to Morgan. Shit managers, shit recruiting team, shit players and a very well paid CEO. That is down to Morgan in my books.

How do you "know" Morgan hasn't allowed investment - we have signed plenty of players with only Afobe and Stearman bringing in any revenue.

Too many players have been acquired and then barely used and no evidence that these players were ones Hackett didn't want - he has never indicated he doesn't have a say on transfers.

From day one, Morgan said he wanted the club to be self sufficient and on that measure he has been a success. From day one he said he wanted promotion to the Premier League, he ticked that box too. When the wheels came off and we found ourselves in League One he put the club first and allowed us to carry and lot of players on high wages but no future - another tick because it would have been easier to keep those players and their toxicity on the pitch.

Jackett won't ever manage a club as big as Wolves again. He has taken a golden opportunity (which he helped toncreate) and has messed it up.

The blame for a current predicament lies primarily at his feet.

We have recieved parachute payments, player sales ect. At the end of the day it still will be Morgan who will decide if we can have the money to buy a player or not. The point that we have lacked players in certain positions will because he hasn't allowed us to invest in players that we need. It will be down to the recruitment team too, but if our wage structure has stopped us getting the players we need, it will because he hasn't allowed the club to invest in players. The recruitment team have made major mistakes too of course. But we are we are now, down to Morgan. $#@! managers, $#@! recruiting team, $#@! players and a very well paid CEO. That is down to Morgan in my books.

far too simplistic. what you really mean is that he hasn't agreed to guarantee losses that bringing in expensive players on expensive salaries might create, especially if it doesn't result in success. its true but its not strictly fair to say he stops the club investing. it can invest but only if it has the cash to. obviously he has the resources to fund more but what you don't say is how much of his personal fortune you would like the club to spend. i mean the bolton owner just wrote off £170m for instance.

what's true is that in the absence of any footballing strategy or substantial investment, you're going to live or die by your managerial appointments & replacements. we haven't been very good at it. with no football brains on the board, what could we expect?

How do you "know" Morgan hasn't allowed investment - we have signed plenty of players with only Afobe and Stearman bringing in any revenue.

Too many players have been acquired and then barely used and no evidence that these players were ones Hackett didn't want - he has never indicated he doesn't have a say on transfers.

From day one, Morgan said he wanted the club to be self sufficient and on that measure he has been a success. From day one he said he wanted promotion to the Premier League, he ticked that box too. When the wheels came off and we found ourselves in League One he put the club first and allowed us to carry and lot of players on high wages but no future - another tick because it would have been easier to keep those players and their toxicity on the pitch.

Jackett won't ever manage a club as big as Wolves again. He has taken a golden opportunity (which he helped toncreate) and has messed it up.

The blame for a current predicament lies primarily at his feet.

whereas saunders, solbakken, hoddle..... were all resounding successes

How do you "know" Morgan hasn't allowed investment ?

Because it is has been his club and we have been short of decent players in certain positions for a while now. I am sure you don't think Moxey is telling Morgan not to invest in players that we need.

I would say all of the following were legitimately awful enough performances (on the back of rubbish league position etc) to justify a "that is the final straw" sacking:

Brentford (H)
Bristol City
MK Dons
Leeds
Sheff Wed
Cardiff twice
Bolton
Preston both games
Huddersfield
Brentford (A) and home
Derby

I'd say Reading at home as well but we did win (somehow) so that was never going to happen.

Teflon Ken.

Added a couple of other shockers to the list. Dross

Because it is has been his club and we have been short of decent players in certain positions for a while now. I am sure you don't think Moxey is telling Morgan not to invest in players that we need.

But what I still don't get is that the club has close to balanced books and does not over pay with a low highest earner of about 20 k a week yet we sold Afobe and Stears for 12 million combined spent around 6 million on coady Byrne Wallace zyro mason that still leaves 6 million. Morgan did not need to dig into the pockets of his redrow empire that has enabled his worth to go from 510 mil to 650 mil in 12 months.just think what we could have done with 10% of his profit this season? Another 14 million we could have changed the manager and half the team.

But what I still don't get is that the club has close to balanced books and does not over pay with a low highest earner of about 20 k a week yet we sold Afobe and Stears for 12 million combined spent around 6 million on coady Byrne Wallace zyro mason that still leaves 6 million. Morgan did not need to dig into the pockets of his redrow empire that has enabled his worth to go from 510 mil to 650 mil in 12 months.just think what we could have done with 10% of his profit this season? Another 14 million we could have changed the manager and half the team.

Too right, Cyber!

Wallace £500k
Coady £2m
Williamson £250k
Zyro £250k
Byrne £1m
Mason £1.6m before add one.

That's upwards of £5.5m before loan fees. I've not looked it up, but I bet that's in the Top 8 spends this season, although it won't be net I grant you. It's not that we haven't had money to invest it's that what we've spent it on is either injured, isn't very good or at least the manager doesn't think they are. Take your pick of who you blame; Thelwell for poor recruitment Jackett for poor team selection and tactics, Moxey for overseeing the whole shambles or a combination of all three. For me Morgan although appearing to have acted like a toddler when putting the club up for sale is way down on the list of culpability for this season.

Added a couple of other shockers to the list. Dross

Realistically Cardiff and Preston away (as shite as they were) were too early in the season to be sacking the manager especially given he still had a fair amount of goodwill from the previous two years. All the ones I listed are from when he started to come under pressure on here and all were bad enough that the club could reasonably have drawn the line.

Wallace £500k
Coady £2m
Williamson £250k
Zyro £250k
Byrne £1m
Mason £1.6m before add one.

That's upwards of £5.5m before loan fees. I've not looked it up, but I bet that's in the Top 8 spends this season, although it won't be net I grant you. It's not that we haven't had money to invest it's that what we've spent it on is either injured, isn't very good or at least the manager doesn't think they are. Take your pick of who you blame; Thelwell for poor recruitment Jackett for poor team selection and tactics, Moxey for overseeing the whole shambles or a combination of all three. For me Morgan although appearing to have acted like a toddler when putting the club up for sale is way down on the list of culpability for this season.

How so?

Explain this to me, and don't take this as a personal attack, why do you think Steve Morgan should spend his personal fortune on a football club? Why do fans think owners should spend their money on players fans have no clue about!

Why is an owner lambasted for not putting his own personal fortune at risk by fans who don't have any risk in that transaction?

And finally, why do fans still insist that Steve Morgan is to blame for Wolves current position when he said right at the start he would only put the initial investment in and no more?

You could have a go at Morgan for behaving like a spoilt brat, not sacking Jez Moxey, not being decisive enough or too bull headed but you can't accuse him of lying about investment.

And as Redrow is a PLC why should Steve Morgan spend Redrow's money at the expense of shareholders which would actually be criminal?

Because as I think you or someone else pointed out earlier the club is only being run in exactly the same way as he has for last 7/8 years ie not investing beyond the initial £30m irrespective of whether we are up for sale or not. The possible exception to this which we don't know is whether Jackett would have been sacked if he hadn't bailed.

Because as I think you or someone else pointed out earlier the club is only being run in exactly the same way as he has for last 7/8 years ie not investing beyond the initial £30m irrespective of whether we are up for sale or not. The possible exception to this which we don't know is whether Jackett would have been sacked if he hadn't bailed.
I still don't understand where the toddler behavior is in putting the club up for sale.

We have recieved parachute payments, player sales ect. At the end of the day it still will be Morgan who will decide if we can have the money to buy a player or not. The point that we have lacked players in certain positions will because he hasn't allowed us to invest in players that we need. It will be down to the recruitment team too, but if our wage structure has stopped us getting the players we need, it will because he hasn't allowed the club to invest in players. The recruitment team have made major mistakes too of course. But we are we are now, down to Morgan. Shit managers, shit recruiting team, shit players and a very well paid CEO. That is down to Morgan in my books.

The accounts will be out next week. We effectively lost £6m last season. Cash in bank in the last accounts was £6m, I wouldn't be surprised if the figure would be around the zero mark in these accounts.

If Morgan won't put his own money in, where would you like this extra money to come from?

The books have not been balanced. The reserves have been put back in which has made it look like the books have been balanced.

Back