• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Kenny Jackett - The pleaes leave now Poll

No Jacket Required.. ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The biggest consequence of him leaving - not just putting the club up for sale, he has actively walked away and at least as far as we know has nothing to do with running the club currently - is putting us into a situation where we are drifting aimlessly and the normal rules of running a football club appear to not apply as we are waiting for someone to take us over before we make any decisions of any magnitude (other than selling our best player for the first offer, of course). If Morgan were still at the helm would Kenny Jackett still be in a job with our run of three points from seven games and us sitting 15th in the table? Because no-one would have viewed that as anywhere near acceptable six months ago.

You'd think Moxey or his man on the board would've been given the responsibility to run the ship in his absence though and afforded to power to make those sorts of decisions if needed, I can't believe he's just walked away without delegating anything and stubbornly refuses to answer the phone whenever they need something rubberstamping.

Cheap players + cheap manager = Wolves. It's bloody amazing how low we have sunk. Week after week of 'non-football', signing injured players, signing players to go out on loan, signing players to get splinters in their arses from sitting on the bench, signing sub-standard players, selling ill-used players, not using substitutes, setting up to draw 0-0 then setting up to defend a 1-0 defeat. It beats me how we got to this. No true, honest explanation from the club, utter, trite 'soundbites' from the manager and no-one seems to want to do anything about it. No manager could possibly polish those turds. How Jackett is still here is beyond belief. He should be sacked, as he has all but proved that not only has he reached his 'ceiling', but he has lost the plot, too. WWFC is just a business and we, the supporters are its 'Ragged Trousered Philanthropists'! I'll give you 'Oh well, we balance the books." It's a crying shame.

The club did prior to our promotion to the Premier League. Didn't we have a couple of years of making losses before reaching the top flight? I'm not sure how the cash was financed as in through bank loans or from Steve Morgan himself.

Wasn't that from the £30m deposit he was obliged to make upon buying the club?

The club did prior to our promotion to the Premier League. Didn't we have a couple of years of making losses before reaching the top flight? I'm not sure how the cash was financed as in through bank loans or from Steve Morgan himself.

We used up part of the £30m which Morgan was contractually obliged to invest in the club when he bought it (or if you like, it was the £30m that Sir Jack gave straight back to the club after selling it for £30,000,010). Lost about £10m over the two seasons I think.

You'd think Moxey or his man on the board would've been given the responsibility to run the ship in his absence though and afforded to power to make those sorts of decisions if needed, I can't believe he's just walked away without delegating anything and stubbornly refuses to answer the phone whenever they need something rubberstamping.

Yeah, I'm pointing the finger at Jez there as well. It isn't enough to just barely keep the club ticking over, he's paid £500k a year to run it, so run it as you would under any other circumstances.

Yeah, I'm pointing the finger at Jez there as well. It isn't enough to just barely keep the club ticking over, he's paid £500k a year to run it, so run it as you would under any other circumstances.

You'd think it'd be in his best interests too, if he has been given the powers to be a sort of de facto chairman until a buyer is found then he could be using this time to do a grand job in difficult circumstances and convince his prospective new employer that he's a worth keeping around. As it stands you'd think any potential buyer would be looking in thinking 'ditch that fat cunt, he's done fuck all in 12 months'.

He had to invest £30m.

I guess how you look at things. For me, Morgan set his stool out early and said he wasn't going to use his own money, so why moan about him doing exactly what he said he was doing. The other side is that people want to spend someone else's money on something he doesn't want and has never wanted to.

The thing I don't get, and I read it everyday is how people are saying we are a mess because Morgan has pulled out, but the reality is we are no different to before as he wasn't going to put his own money in anyway.

This is the frustration for me. It is also the clearest failing of the CEO, he knows the football is shit, the results are shit and frankly his performance is shit, so why is he doing nothing about it. The club is its own entity and should run that way. It's almost like he doesn't give a shit as he's leaving at the end of the season anyway, only he hasn't announced it yet. He should, the Early Bird sales would go through the roof!

Cheap players + cheap manager = Wolves. It's bloody amazing how low we have sunk. Week after week of 'non-football', signing injured players, signing players to go out on loan, signing players to get splinters in their arses from sitting on the bench, signing sub-standard players, selling ill-used players, not using substitutes, setting up to draw 0-0 then setting up to defend a 1-0 defeat. It beats me how we got to this. No true, honest explanation from the club, utter, trite 'soundbites' from the manager and no-one seems to want to do anything about it. No manager could possibly polish those turds. How Jackett is still here is beyond belief. He should be sacked, as he has all but proved that not only has he reached his 'ceiling', but he has lost the plot, too. WWFC is just a business and we, the supporters are its 'Ragged Trousered Philanthropists'! I'll give you 'Oh well, we balance the books." It's a crying shame.

Fairly accurate assessment that.
Jackett should go.
IMO (from the limited amount I have seen) We actually have some potentially very decent young players and with a few well sourced additions and some efficient tactical nous could have had a very useful and exciting team.
Players seem to have regressed this season under Jackett to me. Maybe the think they've 'arrived' getting into Wolves first team.
No one seems to have the drive to do anything. The players can either rot on the bench or rot in the team, no one cares. It's a short career, when they look back some will realise that they wasted the talent they were given.
I think they need a manager who will give them a kick up the arse and a vision of what is attainable.
Jackett isn't the man to do that.

Yes it does. Maybe you don't understand it, that is different!

He invested £30M of his own Money and he always made it quite clear that the club should then generate it's own funds. The dissatisfaction for me is centred on three people who are collectively not fit for purpose - developing a football side. Morgan has made himself accountable and placed the club for sale.

Yes it does. Maybe you don't understand it, that is different!

We don't have money to spend unless he invests. He said from day one he won't invest. So, if he did say, yes you can invest, where is that money coming from?

This is the frustration for me. It is also the clearest failing of the CEO, he knows the football is $#@!, the results are $#@! and frankly his performance is $#@!, so why is he doing nothing about it. The club is its own entity and should run that way. It's almost like he doesn't give a $#@! as he's leaving at the end of the season anyway, only he hasn't announced it yet. He should, the Early Bird sales would go through the roof!

i doubt Jez has ever really had to act particularly independently of the owner of the club who probably still has the final say on important stuff. for that reason, despite the title and pay i've never thought of him as a typical ceo.

and it's not like he's ever been decisive in the past. i can't recall who made the decision to sack DJ but the fans probably had more to do with it, he wasn't going to sack hoddle who walked, i suspect he didn't want to sack mick. and you have to question a number of our managerial appointments from a credibility perspective. the club's success from a PL perspective has come about through throwing money at ex prem players under DJ and getting lucky with Mick's appointment without ever understanding his limitations.

we are a football club that has never seemed to have a strategy for delivering footballing success. that's down to our ownership and the senior club officials.

My information is that Jez wanted to sack DJ after West Ham away. Rugger Rick persuaded him to hold on a bit longer and we dragged on through October until we reached the inevitable nadir at Gillingham, which was evidently the point of no return.

Of course I would have thought last night was Ken's point of no return, but obviously not.

My information is that Jez wanted to sack DJ after West Ham away. Rugger Rick persuaded him to hold on a bit longer and we dragged on through October until we reached the inevitable nadir at Gillingham, which was evidently the point of no return.

Of course I would have thought last night was Ken's point of no return, but obviously not.

Surely, last night was Mick's West Brom moment?

Here's a thought, maybe our new owner is currently in negotiations with Jose and hasn't quite finalised the deal, so has asked Moxey to keep KJ in place for another couple of weeks...

the blind leading the blind...

Back