• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

He may not have been waiting for a job at all.

He also may have been promised X number of players to fit X numbers of positions.

He may of course have not been promised anything but for him to come out in the press and flay Jeff at every opportunity says to me it's the former not the latter.

If the article is true then big problems are no to far away. Especially midfield Neves will rightly want away and Moutinho is rapidly coming to the end of his career.
Other players in the squad with any longevity still left will want away to.
it’s a completely unsustainable model that ends in one way.
lack of football knowledge in the club at board room level is shocking.
It’s not hard look after the state of the first then other stuff comes second and will take care of itself.
Certainly feels a little inevitable, if we don't replace Neves, Moutinho and Raul properly we'll struggle.

Lage may well have “struggled to get an interview anywhere else” before joining us (I disagree, but there we are), but he certainly wouldn’t now.

He’s won more than Nuno in a shorter managerial career, for example, and he’s proven he can hack it in the PL with a squad that’s not his and no financial backing. He’d walk in to another job.

Shi better stop pissing around, because this only ends one way. Particularly when the man in charge of your first team is taking every opportunity to make swipes at your ability to do your job.

Make this month end please.
We've got another 29 days of this yet, only a couple of weeks ago everyone agreed that January was a rough month for recruitment and now just two days in the managers leaving and were getting relegated in the next five years !! Definitely a lot of tin foil left after the Christmas cooking :)

We've got another 29 days of this yet, only a couple of weeks ago everyone agreed that January was a rough month for recruitment and now just two days in the managers leaving and were getting relegated in the next five years !! Definitely a lot of tin foil left after the Christmas cooking :)
The manager wasn't digging out his boss 2 days ago.

By the end of the month you might even take a point of view yourself 🤔

Supposedly we've told Blues they have him back again at the end of the window. It's to cover Saiss
I didn't think you could do that. When we recalled Giles in 2020 we couldn't hand him back to Shrewsbury, he ended up at Cov and barely played.

I didn't think you could do that. When we recalled Giles in 2020 we couldn't hand him back to Shrewsbury, he ended up at Cov and barely played.
Must have misunderstood it then. I read recalling to send back out at the end of the month. I assumed that meant back to Blues, must just have meant generally

Wouldn't imagine they have anyone worth making a sort of swap type deal for either?
Ken would be all over signing Jutkiewicz and playing him as a #10. Back in the real world, no, Bowyer has them doing well to have a bit of a buffer from the bottom three, they're rubbish.

If he plays for us he'd have to stay or go back to blues wouldn't he?

You can't play for 3 teams in a season.

Fuck me I was joking when I suggested this.
Given how well the back three have stepped up, we were never going big on a CH. Boly and Mosquera have played 0 minutes between them in the league, you'd imagine at some point they'll both be fit and both be proper options. We don't need six centre halves, we do need more than three central midfielders, one of whom is 35 and another has been out of form for 18 months.

Back