• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

We'd have either had to play Neves or Moutinho semi regularly to accommodate, even then we're assuming vitinha could play in a 2.

Or we play a 3 in midfield which is something we've done once, I think, this season.

Don't get me wrong, I rate vitinha and think he will be excellent. But if we're being frugal and it was a choice between RAN and Vitinha then I think we made the right choice.

We'd have seen less of Moutinho already if Lage rated Dendoncker, however it's quite clear he doesn't.

Maybe he rates Vitinha below Dendoncker? Nuno certainly did based on last seasons minutes.

The fact we didn't go for Vitinha makes me think there might be a slim chance of getting in a CM this window.

We had the funding to do it because we went for players like Sanches and kamara (I think?) but got knocked back. We could have signed Vitinha as an alternative but didn't, I guess because we wanted someone who could come straight into the first team (at the time Vitinha wasn't that player).

I'm probably grasping at straws here though!

Why couldn't Vitinha have been the one to turn us down? An agreed transfer fee doesn't force the player to sign. In his shoes, I wouldn't have wanted to join and sit on the bench again.

Why couldn't Vitinha have been the one to turn us down? An agreed transfer fee doesn't force the player to sign. In his shoes, I wouldn't have wanted to join and sit on the bench again.
Feasible, but in Mendes world unlikely

Or we decided on Sanches as a target and let Vitinha go thinking we had a deal wrapped up already.

On another note, was Semedo mooted as Trippers replacement if Tripper left AM?

Neves is rotated out more for Dendoncker than Moutinho is

Is he? He's been recovering from a positive covid test then banned and that's the only time I think he's actually missed any game time.

View attachment 4817

This doesn’t fill me with confidence. I’ll be more gutted when Ruben leaves than any of our other players, Fosun era.
The actual piece feels more like a shot at the board than it does about Neves

Sounds like Neves has real affection for the club but that he wants to be playing European football. Fair enough. Lage is putting pressure on the board saying his future is dependent on our ambition not what we pay him.

Back