• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

Perhaps we need to ask some Russian meerkats for that comparison?

I don't think Vitinha would have played many more league minutes than Cundle has if we'd signed him
I do. I think he'd have replaced Mout most games and may have allowed us to go 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1 as a viable alternative.

Vitinha will be worth £50M+ soon. Pote already is worth that.

We let Pote go for fuck all and then bragged about including a sell on clause which earned us just enough to cover the fee we paid Porto NOT to sign Vitinha.

I do. I think he'd have replaced Mout most games and may have allowed us to go 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1 as a viable alternative.
He could have kept MGW and done those things. I don't think he wants to or in the case of the latter not with the players available

I just don't think we'd have played vitinha much if we'd signed him. Certainly not as much as Porto have. I don't think he'd have developed with 10-15 minute cameos.

I don't think he'd have developed as much with us as he has done with Porto

I just don't think we'd have played vitinha much if we'd signed him. Certainly not as much as Porto have. I don't think he'd have developed with 10-15 minute cameos.

I don't think he'd have developed as much with us as he has done with Porto

It's highly possible he wouldn't have developed as quickly but I think he'd have played semi regularly.

I was amazed we didn't take up the option and thought it was a done deal in reality but we were being creative to spread the outlay.

I know he didn't exactly tear it up when he came in and did have some shockers but I saw enough of him in a very unstructured team (attack wise) and in his Portugal u23 appearances to see he was a huge talent. Another very poor decision in hindsight but the signs were there that it could very well bite us on the arse.

If the FFP chat has any credence (or we are actually short of cash), then maybe we couldn’t actually do the deal for someone who was at this instant moment only going to be a squad player.

Maybe we should have made Vitinha part of the bung to Porto/Mendes instead of Fabio?

It's highly possible he wouldn't have developed as quickly but I think he'd have played semi regularly.

I was amazed we didn't take up the option and thought it was a done deal in reality but we were being creative to spread the outlay.

I know he didn't exactly tear it up when he came in and did have some shockers but I saw enough of him in a very unstructured team (attack wise) and in his Portugal u23 appearances to see he was a huge talent. Another very poor decision in hindsight but the signs were there that it could very well bite us on the arse.
We'd have either had to play Neves or Moutinho semi regularly to accommodate, even then we're assuming vitinha could play in a 2.

Or we play a 3 in midfield which is something we've done once, I think, this season.

Don't get me wrong, I rate vitinha and think he will be excellent. But if we're being frugal and it was a choice between RAN and Vitinha then I think we made the right choice.

I wonder if Lage/Shi were told "you can have either RAN or Vitinha"?

Edit: Sorry Andy posted this before reading your post.

Really surprised he's not said we need a CM. Maybe he really rates Cundle or Jordao?

Edit. And another winger? That's the last area I'd be looking at.

Back