• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

That paper loss is more than wiped out in the coming accounts because of the deferred merit payments and TV money, they said so themselves in the statement. If we need £26m something has either gone really wrong, or the focus is paying back the debt to Fosun. We have (or should have) plenty of cash.
I am fairly sure there was a rebate due to Sky that had been deferred to this season. Wolves are to pay Sky around £6 million and there were other rebates to international broadcasters discussed too, don’t know what happened with those.

Even so, all we have done is brought forward the two payments Liverpool owe in the same way many other clubs have done. Across all clubs, Covid had a negative impact on revenue and serviceable borrowing (which this is) is not unusual and there are a number of reasons why this decision has been taken…but many seem to assume the worst without any real evidence to back it up.

We know that the club’s revenues are less than projected, we don’t know whether our expenditure is less than expected. We can assume that the latter is less given our transfer spend but even if we had spent £100 million in the summer…we would likely have funded the bulk of that by player sales.

I think the point he's making is that the only feasible reason for having this loan would be that we're running low on cash. But we shouldn't be.

We've had deferred merit and TV payments, and a net zero transfer spend, and already had one the lowest wages to turnover ratios in the league. There's no obvious reason to need this £26m given the cash reserves we have
It's good to know that Wolves have good cash reserves now. At the time of the last accounts Wolves had 27 million in cash but had 25 million in payments that needed to be made within 12 months. Would you happen to know roughly th e size of the cash reserves?

31st March - 10 months after the year end.
Last years accounts were published in the last week in February. A little earlier but not early enough to shed any light on the state of Wolves finances before the end of the transfer window.

I don't get what we need that money for though. Unless the Fosun loan payments have been battered we should have substantial reserves.

This feels different to borrowing against TV money, which is quite usual. Taking it against jota money that's 6 & 18 months away from hitting us is like lending your mate some money and then having to get a loan to pay your own bills.
but we got Hoever :) did we use a repayment plan on him then?

january window is never a good window and you have to overpay for players to get them..I dont expect more than maybe one player, hopefully a striker or CM

no idea who this is tbf but might suggest we’re after a forward?

Alan is probably wanking at the thought of us signing Pepi.

Young US striker, quite like Raul in style in fairness. Big, strong and quite athletic decent touch. Scored on his debut for the US team. Probably one of those we would be able to pick up fairly cheap and young so will add value.

Buying a striker won't do anything for us, we've got an established international up front, and he gets nothing due to our midfield not being the greatest and the way we play

Buying a striker won't do anything for us, we've got an established international up front, and he gets nothing due to our midfield not being the greatest and the way we play

He's not ready to play premier league football anyway in my opinion so he wouldn't do anything for at least 2 years regardless of service.

Sycofantia will be along shortly to say he hasn't seen the player and knows nothing about him but just wanted to join in.

Is that how the joke works?

What the fuck you on about?
Your previous joke on this thread about Botman.

I thought you were being hilarious.

Have I got that wrong?

And there's no need to be all aggressive, have a good evening.

Is he any good? I've never heard of him.
He's absolutely raw as fuck but he has shades of what I can only describe as "Zlatan-isms" (not in personality, thank god) insofar as he can get the contact he needs almost regardless of his body position.

I really think he's going to be an excellent player. Question in England would be how he handles VVD's elbow.

MLS and US Soccer in general have good relations with the Bundesliga so that would not shock me.

He's a damn sight better than the redhead suiting up for Norwich at the moment. Sargent. Forgot his name. He's fucking awful.

Back