• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2020 transfer window

The condescension is bang out of order.

You disagree, fair enough, but I don't see winning a starting spot in our midfield getting any easier any time soon, do you?

oh for god sake man, read the many replies to your nonsense on this thread and give it up

He has 1 goal (which was an absolute stonker in to the top corner from a mile out) and 1 assist in about 13 games. My mate who is a Shrewsbury Town ST holder thinks he's a bit hit or miss. Which is a slight worry at that level. Weird because in the small glimpses of him in and around the first team here, he's looked a real talent.
You missed the late 70's early 80's weatherman reference

I haven't read the match thread or verdict thread yet, but since there are Donk comments here I will give my (worthless) opinion.

Yesterday I thought he was ok 2nd half, but made too many little errors in the 1st half. Maybe that's because he is still adjusting to playing at the back again.
When we signed him a Belgian friend warned against playing him at the back. He would make a great defensive midfield signing, but makes too many mistakes to be a quality defender.

Almost as boring as relentless and unnecessary negativity on a match day thread. Yet when you're told it's boring you get on your high horse (with a cherry picker I presume).

How about sticking to players instead of having a go at posters all the time? Some of the mods on here have appalling behaviour of late.

My entire comment was about Adama Traore and your entire comment was about me, but I’m the one “having a go”.

You live in a funny old world, fair play :icon_lol:

Signing a 17yo RCB from PSV called Nigel Lonwijk apparently.

Here we go again...

From a Twitter page with 115k followers -

Wolves and Man City set to move for Ruben Dias according to a good friend in Portugal.

Man City would have to offload Otamendi to bring him in. Clubs in Spain interested in Otamendi but would struggle with his wages. Wolves want to strengthen their claim for the Europa League.

Wolves are also looking at Benfica’s young central midfielder, Gedson Fernandes. Won’t be one for January, but long term is looking like a realistic option.

It’s not like he’s going to sit on the bench at City so if they want him we've got no chance.

If we did (somehow) beat City to signing him then there'd inevitably be all sorts of follow up from 'informed' journos dragging the club's relationship with Mendes up again. Because honestly, how could little old Wolves possibly compete otherwise without doing something dodgy?

I almost look forward to it

In the odd way that UEFA work. If we are after him and he still fancies Euro football this season, he would be able to play in the Europa games for us but a move to City and he is cup tied in the Champs League

The fact that we have a Portuguese manager - and a better manager than City in my opinion -might help...

In the odd way that UEFA work. If we are after him and he still fancies Euro football this season, he would be able to play in the Europa games for us but a move to City and he is cup tied in the Champs League

Feels like a loan-to-buy option might be where we end up

As an aside, I think there's something strange going on at man city this season, I think there's more to it than defensive injuries

I love Nuno but he's not better than Pep.

How much has Pep spent on his defence - £300m? To produce a defence that is mid-table at best. It was a slightly tongue-in-cheek comment, but has Pep improved players in the way that Nuno has?

Guardian did an article yesterday reckoning pep is in his end days at man city,he's got three phases,Genesis,revelation,exodus,

Genesis is him arriving at a club,sorting it out

Revelation is his training methods paying off,players getting it,playing the way he wants,winning everything,

Exodus is him looking for a way out of the club,starts blaming others,injuries,players,referees etc

They said he rarely does more than 4 years at a club,he's been at city about this long.

I'm not overly taken with the thing of him being a great manager,everywhere he's been,they've been the top team in the country,he's had loads of money to spend,had world class players,reckon any of us could do a job,if it's give the ball to Messi he'll sort it out

He did pretty well at Bayern tbf and look what’s just happened to their last manager. He’s obviously a fantastic manager but it does feel like the wheels are coming off slightly atm, he doesn’t deal particularly well with losing.

Guardian did an article yesterday reckoning pep is in his end days at man city,he's got three phases,Genesis,revelation,exodus,

Genesis is him arriving at a club,sorting it out

Revelation is his training methods paying off,players getting it,playing the way he wants,winning everything,

Exodus is him looking for a way out of the club,starts blaming others,injuries,players,referees etc

They said he rarely does more than 4 years at a club,he's been at city about this long.

I'm not overly taken with the thing of him being a great manager,everywhere he's been,they've been the top team in the country,he's had loads of money to spend,had world class players,reckon any of us could do a job,if it's give the ball to Messi he'll sort it out

Of course he's a great manager, FFS. He manages the biggest clubs in the world because he's one of, if not the best in the world.

He's always clear in that he's not at clubs to build a dynasty, he invests far too much into it and wears himself out both physically and mentally. I think we'll see an ongoing trend of this at the top table, Klopp has said similar things and the wheels have fallen off for Poch. The intensity to which they play is simply not sustainable over a prolonged period of time.

If 'we could all do it', surely City should have been hitting 95 points a season for the past decade and Barca and Bayern wouldn't have been affected by his departure.

If it is true he hasn't really disclosed anything really

Cutrone not leaving in January - Bit of obvious news that
No official bids for Kessie
Would he get in our team at the moment - That is more a deflecting question reply.

How much has Pep spent on his defence - £300m? To produce a defence that is mid-table at best. It was a slightly tongue-in-cheek comment, but has Pep improved players in the way that Nuno has?

Defensively no, but I'd say Sterling and Mahrez have gone up levels under his watch, especially the former.

Back