• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2020 transfer window

Tell you what, you lot point out all this consistent one way traffic before this weekend where I’ve disagreed with Alan twice and I’ll do you all a favour and bounce. I gave Bear the opportunity and he passed. Fire away. And as for Mark, why the fuck are you getting your knickers in a twist over someone posting a laughing emoji when it was you doing exactly the same thing not so long back?

Tell you what, you lot point out all this consistent one way traffic before this weekend where I’ve disagreed with Alan twice and I’ll do you all a favour and bounce. I gave Bear the opportunity and he passed. Fire away. And as for Mark, why the fuck are you getting your knickers in a twist over someone posting a laughing emoji when it was you doing exactly the same thing not so long back?

I don't give a shit about an emoji, but then you know that's not really what it's about.

FFS lads pack it in. Petty squabbles are making some threads on here tiresome and I'm sure that it puts off other forum users.

Sorry Jinky, I couldn't help myself! It was a tap in and I had to take it before anyone else did :nod:

Right, I'll skulk back off into my shell

I decided to log off instead of dragging out a tedious argument.

An option that a few on here might benefit from rather than keep digging at each other.

If 343 is the way forwards then a left sided centre half, an extra centre mid and a wide forward ideally comfortable on both sides would be perfect.

If the option exists to send Vallejo back then we should and I think it's also time to assess where MGW's development is going. I know people are against loaning him out, but IF we were to make the signings above then we have a new CM, a new centre half and hopefully Boly back, which then releases both Donck and Saiss to be first choice cover either in defence or in midfield with Perry as the FA Cup and the odd minute here or there guy.

I don't buy into some of the matchday thread scapegoating, however you'd struggle to make a case that he's moved forwards this season, so perhaps it's time to look at an alternative situation for him? Swansea would be perfect.

Let’s be honest. Vallejo isn’t going to play for us again in the EL or PL. we’re two defenders down for Bournemouth and he still won’t play. May as well terminate it and save the wages.

MGW I honestly don’t know. How good is he? I’m not actually sure what he is. I think the left in a 3-4-3 is probably his best position in our system but I’d say Neto is ahead of him in the queue there and be can’t/won’t play in midfield even without singings as Saiss and Donk are ahead of him in the queue already. If we get a CB and CM then there the opportunity to loan him out and see what he can do with a run of games. But it needs to be to a team who play the right way and he’s going to get in the team. Maybe even L1 like Ryan Mason did. There’s probably other examples but he’s the one who comes to my head.

Not sure BAS and Watt have a future here. Use them for the U23s until the next batch are ready and then sell/release.

Ryan Mason hadn't played a single league game for Spurs when he was at Yeovil/Swindon, we're absolutely not shoving MGW (49 league games) down to that kind of level.

Loans are shit anyway.

Ashley-Seal isn't remotely good enough I'm afraid.

The thing about MGW being out for so long with his back problem makes me wonder how long he'd been playing trying to manage it.

He's clearly talented so lets see what he looks like when he recovers.

None of them stood out at the start of the season. Donck was instrumental in midfield in our turnaround last season and proved what a capable midfielder he is. I seriously don’t understand how you can think he has no future at the club in midfield.
Because we're moving forward at an exceptional speed. It takes very little to slip out of the picture when we're shopping for the sort of players that we are.

Donck was great for us last season but unfortunately for him that means very little if he stops playing as well as that.

He's played midfield since our very brief rocky run (amounted to about three games I think?) and been absolutely fine.

It's a bit hysterical to suggest that we can't pick him there any more.

Because we're moving forward at an exceptional speed. It takes very little to slip out of the picture when we're shopping for the sort of players that we are.

Donck was great for us last season but unfortunately for him that means very little if he stops playing as well as that.

I don't want to be seen as jumping on your opionion or anything but Donck has not been as bad as you are making out. Not having Doc in the team changed how he had to play for starters. He couldn't make the runs into space ahead of the RWB because he had to cover for the fact that Adama ain't all that at defending. He also came off the bench to help put us back in the game v Burnley. Now I am not saying he has been superb and he has had poor games (pretty much everyone has this season) but you are making out as if he has turned into Dave Edwards.

I don't want to be seen as jumping on your opionion or anything but Donck has not been as bad as you are making out. Not having Doc in the team changed how he had to play for starters. He couldn't make the runs into space ahead of the RWB because he had to cover for the fact that Adama ain't all that at defending. He also came of the bench to help put us back in the game v Burnley. Now I am not saying he has been superb and he has had poor games (pretty much everyone has this season) but you are making out as if he has turned into Dave Edwards.
I don't think I've made that out at all. I've said that he's third choice at best in midfield (you could make argument that Saïss is even better suited to be the third choice in some situations).

That doesn't mean he's bad. Just that he started the season badly and, like I say, we're at a stage that it could realistically only take a few bad performances in a row before you're out of chances.

Not really, Nuno actually said last week that he doesn't give up on players (given that he signed them for a reason).

Adama had how many awful games last season? Still here isn't he.

Just that he started the season badly

He really hasn't though. If he has started the season badly then so has Coady.

There was a reason why he wasn't doing what he was doing last season and the majority of that was not down to him being poor.

I do agree he is 3rd choice whilst we play 2 in the middle but he would still get plenty of game time as we rotate the squad around the League and Euro games.

Coady did start the season badly tbf.

Coady did start the season badly tbf.

Yet he is in the Top 5 for one poster on here for POTS!

Opinions are ace (yours is wrong on Donck btw :nod:)

Not really, Nuno actually said last week that he doesn't give up on players (given that he signed them for a reason).

Adama had how many awful games last season? Still here isn't he.
Aye, but I don't think it's unfair to say that Neves and Adama are exceptions, despite what Nuno might say publicly. We certainly moved on from Cav and Costa very quickly once it became apparent that they weren't up to the job.

Back