• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2020 transfer window

We have not seen the best of Donk so far this tear however his centre back cover is more than useful.

Would use the term cover loosely . If we persevere with the 343 when boly is back the back 3 will be donk coady boly . Think you’ve chronically under rated him there

I think dendoncker looks excellent at centre back. I would be tempted to make that his position in this formation

I think dendoncker looks excellent at centre back. I would be tempted to make that his position in this formation
Given the way he played in midfield to start the season, I'd say moving him to CB is a definite if he wants to have any further serious role with the club.

I'm not so sure tbh. Much as people get on Vallejo for not being physical enough, Donck is not a huge amount better in that regard (he gets beaten in the air a lot for someone his size)

Useful option for sure but starter? Nah, not for me

I'm not so sure tbh. Much as people get on Vallejo for not being physical enough, Donck is not a huge amount better in that regard (he gets beaten in the air a lot for someone his size)

Useful option for sure but starter? Nah, not for me

Did you watch today’s game!? Donk was collosal! Particularly in his own penalty area!

Yes, I did. He was fine, "colossal" is a bit much. But Villa did not offer a huge amount.

Doesn't really affect my general point though - if Boly's fit, IMO Donck is making way.

Yes, I did. He was fine, "colossal" is a bit much. But Villa did not offer a huge amount.

Doesn't really affect my general point though - if Boly's fit, IMO Donck is making way.

For me the Donck stays in on the right when Boly is back - Saiss to make way

Boly was behind me today, still wearing a massive boot but took it off at half time - no cast and he was walking on it too.

I like saiss, but he's definitely last choice for me if donk isn't playing mid

Saiss is more than capable (and a fantastic squad player) but I too would like to see Donk-Coady-Boly.

Saiss' pace is a problem for how high we want to push our outer centre halves up

There was a moment today where Villa launched a ball to the right side of our area. Donck backed off and waited and then fucking nailed getting the ball. It was total class.

i thought donk was amazing too, someone on the forum mentioned donk is weak in the air, which i initially disagreed with, i looked it up and hes lost more aerial duels than hes won and hes mostly jumping against center midfielders who tend to be crap in the air (in comparison, boly, whos mostly going up center backs and center forwards, ie tallest opposition players, has won something ridiculous like 70% of aerial duels) so that could be a potential weakness. otherwise, hes so comfortable on the ball, mobile, etc fantastic

i thought donk was amazing too, someone on the forum mentioned donk is weak in the air, which i initially disagreed with, i looked it up and hes lost more aerial duels than hes won and hes mostly jumping against center midfielders who tend to be crap in the air (in comparison, boly, whos mostly going up center backs and center forwards, ie tallest opposition players, has won something ridiculous like 70% of aerial duels) so that could be a potential weakness. otherwise, hes so comfortable on the ball, mobile, etc fantastic

Most of Donks aerial duels were when it was our goal kick, trying to win flick ons etc. Very different to defending where literally any contact is a success and you can often be unchallenged if it’s a poor ball or small striker

Given the way he played in midfield to start the season, I'd say moving him to CB is a definite if he wants to have any further serious role with the club.

:icon_lol:

:icon_lol:
If Neves continues to play as he has been for the past couple of weeks that makes Dendoncker third choice at absolute best, and midfield isn't exactly going to get less crowded if we're legitimately after the likes of Franck Kessie or similar.

Donck was very poor to start the season, no two ways about it.

Back