• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2020 transfer window

Seems like a perfectly legitimate point to me. Neves and Moutinho are first choice in midfield, the club are supposedly going to try and sign a midfielder in January. IF Dendonker wants to be a regular starter in a team under these circumstances his best chance is likely to be playing as a centre back.

What's the issue?

Can we change the site name to virtuesignallingforum.co.uk?

Why not add snowflake to the name too?

Right, back to more important matters. Who do you think is likely to leave us in January?

Right, back to more important matters. Who do you think is likely to leave us in January?

Can’t see anyone leaving really, we need them all. Perhaps Vallejo to get his loan ended?

Would quite like to see BAS to go out on loan, but with our record on loans he’d never play.

Second hand rumour that John Ruddy may be leaving. Don't know if anyone itk has heard similar?

Good shout for Benny! I also cant see Jesus staying.

Can’t see anyone leaving really, we need them all. Perhaps Vallejo to get his loan ended?

Would quite like to see BAS to go out on loan, but with our record on loans he’d never play.

There's a few we should send out on loan, Watt, Perry, BAS and Sanderson. They're too good for U23 football and need a more competitive environment for 6 months at a decent level.

I'd think we're going to get one or two bodies in the transfer window so Jesus's loan shiuld be cancelled

There's a few we should send out on loan, Watt, Perry, BAS and Sanderson. They're too good for U23 football and need a more competitive environment for 6 months at a decent level.

Watt may go out but Sanderson, BAS and certainly Perry will be staying with Euro games from Feb (and hopefully March, April & May)

Watt may go out but Sanderson, BAS and certainly Perry will be staying with Euro games from Feb (and hopefully March, April & May)

They're not going to play in those games though. The competition will be much higher which is why I think we'll be getting a couple of additions in January which will allow them to go out.

They're not going to play in those games though. The competition will be much higher which is why I think we'll be getting a couple of additions in January which will allow them to go out.

They won't go anywhere. Additions to the squad will still leave them as the back up.

Can’t really be messing around playing young inexperienced players in the knock out stages.

Can’t really be messing around playing young inexperienced players in the knock out stages.

Not saying we are going to play them but the make up of our squad means they will be used if needed. A couple of additions to the squad won't change that for Nuno.
Also pressure on Mark Kennedy to keep the U23 in the top flight of their league and hopefully this week they will also progress to the knock out stages of the Football League Trophy.

Not saying we are going to play them but the make up of our squad means they will be used if needed. A couple of additions to the squad won't change that for Nuno.
Also pressure on Mark Kennedy to keep the U23 in the top flight of their league and hopefully this week they will also progress to the knock out stages of the Football League Trophy.

I get that with Sanderson and possibly Perry. No chance of BAS getting on though, Nino will use Raul, Cutrone, Jota, Traore up top before him.

I get that with Sanderson and possibly Perry. No chance of BAS getting on though, Nino will use Raul, Cutrone, Jota, Traore up top before him.

BAS is down the line and as I don't think we will sign a forward in January, a couple of knocks and he is on the bench and if not he is scoring the goals to achieve what Jeff Shi wants from the U23's for this season.

If Neves continues to play as he has been for the past couple of weeks that makes Dendoncker third choice at absolute best, and midfield isn't exactly going to get less crowded if we're legitimately after the likes of Franck Kessie or similar.

Donck was very poor to start the season, no two ways about it.

None of them stood out at the start of the season. Donck was instrumental in midfield in our turnaround last season and proved what a capable midfielder he is. I seriously don’t understand how you can think he has no future at the club in midfield.

If 343 is the way forwards then a left sided centre half, an extra centre mid and a wide forward ideally comfortable on both sides would be perfect.

If the option exists to send Vallejo back then we should and I think it's also time to assess where MGW's development is going. I know people are against loaning him out, but IF we were to make the signings above then we have a new CM, a new centre half and hopefully Boly back, which then releases both Donck and Saiss to be first choice cover either in defence or in midfield with Perry as the FA Cup and the odd minute here or there guy.

I don't buy into some of the matchday thread scapegoating, however you'd struggle to make a case that he's moved forwards this season, so perhaps it's time to look at an alternative situation for him? Swansea would be perfect.

Back