• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

I presume Lambert will wait until the Summer and take whichever one of Clark or Hanley that Newcastle will let us have. Worked with them and rates both of them.

I think Saturday proved we need a CB who is a leader with a brain. I'm not sure either of those two mentioned are that type of player

I think Saturday proved we need a CB who is a leader with a brain. I'm not sure either of those two mentioned are that type of player

Did Williamson not prove we might already have one?

Did Williamson not prove we might already have one?

Yes he certainly did but I think Johnnys point is that if he gets injured again we'll be back to "keystone cops" defending again and need another "Mike Williamson" type

Yes he certainly did but I think Johnnys point is that if he gets injured again we'll be back to "keystone cops" defending again and need another "Mike Williamson" type

It was Mike you're correct. Add to that Williamson is 33 and we really should buying a younger model that can captain.

You never know with centre halves, Craddock played the best football of his career long after his 30th birthday and Gareth McAuley is still going strong at 37 in the PL having been an average Champo plodder for the first half of his career.

Hard to say we can rely on Willo at this stage though, I want it to happen but he's got to be playing 70%+ of the remaining games to get a new deal you'd think.

Williamson seems to have done more "coaching" of Iorfa and Hause in 90 minutes than our supposed coaches have managed in about a season and a half

Williamson seems to have done more "coaching" of Iorfa and Hause in 90 minutes than our supposed coaches have managed in about a season and a half

Unfortunately some organisational abilities have to be used as the game is in progression. You can't pre coach that stuff because every game is different.

Im surprised that no moves have been made yet. Lambert needs to start picking up more wins and if he is to get a couple of new players in the the sooner the better.

By the way, linked with Hugo Rodallega, has the Fosun group left the building?

Saturday's Williamson performance and the performance of others responding to him whilst pleasing is a double edged sword. It completely proved that we as fans and armchair critics hit the nail on the head with what was missing at the back. The fact we are about 20 months or more into this debate makes it all the more frustrating. The question still unanswered is why the club coaches could not see or hear what we could see and hear. There was a distinct quietness and lack of leadership and decision making without mW . So as we know MW is a bit fragile we really do need a leadership at the back plan B to be recruited asap. I would argue this window to allow time to settle in.

as you say, it ain't rocket science - most fans have seen the problem and the solution, and yet the powers that be don't...or won't !! Sort it PL.

I think the club recognised it, but put all their eggs in one basket being the 35 year old Benfica captain whose name escapes me and when he turned us down, we went for a known quantity in Richard Stearman as we'd run out of time to find the experienced leader we needed.

Saturday's Williamson performance and the performance of others responding to him whilst pleasing is a double edged sword. It completely proved that we as fans and armchair critics hit the nail on the head with what was missing at the back. The fact we are about 20 months or more into this debate makes it all the more frustrating. The question still unanswered is why the club coaches could not see or hear what we could see and hear. There was a distinct quietness and lack of leadership and decision making without mW . So as we know MW is a bit fragile we really do need a leadership at the back plan B to be recruited asap. I would argue this window to allow time to settle in.

Its a question worth asking as to how the club coach and develop the communication and organisational qualities of the players coming through the development sides. How much emphasis is placed on in game decision making as a unit.

Well, we have had 3 away clean sheets in a row. Iorfa, Stearman, Hause, Baath, Stearman, Williamson, and Ebanks Landell available on recall - and everyone wants to bring in another !
Just when performance and morale are on the up too.
Thank God Lambert has some common sense.

Well, we have had 3 away clean sheets in a row. Iorfa, Stearman, Hause, Baath, Stearman, Williamson, and Ebanks Landell available on recall - and everyone wants to bring in another !

Do you think our defence is OK? I don't, another Williamson would do very nicely

Home games don't count any more then? If we use your ridiculously short number of games for home matches and ignore the rest of the season then it's 8 in 3 which would suggest we need an entire new defence. You can't prove a case with such short terms of reference neither can you guarantee Williamson's fitness irrespective of how well he played on Saturday.

If the correct player isn't available this window then so be it, but I'd be surprised and pissed off if at least one new centre half isn't with the club come August.

But only one of those can organise a defence !

Quantity isn't quality.

It's that simple.

Back