• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

I am not saying it would work but I fear it may be in Lambert's mind.
Ikeme

Batth stearman Williamson
Coady Costa price Edwards Doherty
Bod Cav

I just threw up a little in my mouth...

I am not saying it would work but I fear it may be in Lambert's mind.
Ikeme

Batth stearman Williamson
Coady Costa price Edwards Doherty
Bod Cav
Even worse a 5 4 1 away! Same people. They seem to be favourites.

If you played that back 3 then Williamson would have to be in the middle with reins on the other two to hold them in place

We'd get relegated playing that shape. 100%.

I’d take £5m plus a sell-on for Iorfa. He’s been all over the place when played at CH and at full back his pace is his biggest asset but undone by a complete inability to do anything with the ball when he gets in good positions. With the right players alongside him and good coaching he could become a decent PL player but I’m not convinced.

Fuck sakes Cyber.. Dont put that shit on here.. Really hope that is not the case.. Regarding Iorfa he has bags of potential but has been bad this season and need to improve.. Wanna keep him though

I may be in the minority but Iorfa 2016 is not very good. His form since the summer has been pretty awful. Just like Afobe his head has been turned and its affected him. I would be happy to see him go as he is not fulfilling his potential here. Reserve team football is hardly going to increase his value. Take the 5 million and use it to plug our weak areas of which there are several.

If he does go it will start to prove my 3 5 2 theory slotting Williamson in the back.
I think he's just off form - which happens to footballers, even good ones. There doesn't have to be some underlying factor such as itchy feet or the smell of cash behind it.

We'd be daft to sell him unless it was a crazy sum because he's a very talented player who will turn out right in the end.

I think he's just off form - which happens to footballers, even good ones. There doesn't have to be some underlying factor such as itchy feet or the smell of cash behind it.

We'd be daft to sell him unless it was a crazy sum because he's a very talented player who will turn out right in the end.
This I really hope we don't sell him I'm convinced he will come good again.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Iorfa and Hause have oodles of potential. No way should we consider selling either for 2 years imo. Unless ridiculous offers came in.

Lot of sense, here.

With a defensive unit, it can sometimes only take one change out of the back four to make a difference. For us, that would be at left back. All this chatter such as "the entire back 4 need replacing" is, quite frankly, a bit daft.

Iorfa-Batth-Williamson-A new LB *should* be more than comfortable at this level. Hause & Stearman as cover in the middle is more than strong enough - both of those players would walk in to the starting 11's of a lot of Championship teams.

For me, sort left back out (don't be fooled by Doc's plus points going forward) and I think we'll look a lot stronger as a unit.

Can't agree with this or Lycan's theory. Willo has zero minutes on the pitch in a full calendar year, Iorfa and Batth are miles out of form and Doherty is a liability. Isn't EEL out of contract at the end of the season and he isn't coming back so actually we have 3 fit centre backs and Iorfa and when 2 of those CB's have been nothing short of disgraceful I find it hard to agree that Lambert's comments are credible.

We need at least a LB and CB to be comfortably mid table and then bring a RB in in the summer. To only bring a right back in during this window and then complain the squad is imbalanced is Saunders-esque IMV.

Iorfa and Hause have oodles of potential. No way should we consider selling either for 2 years imo. Unless ridiculous offers came in.

Also the only two that I'd ever consider playing as the outside CB's in a back 3, should we ever go to that dreadful formation!

Doing so would incredibly inhibit Costa and Cav, unless Lambert suddenly transforms into Conte!

Surprised there's been no confirmation of CBJ returning to United yet.

Possibility that we're looking to secure an additional defender before he returns? I'd be happy with James Husband.

Linked with Rodallega today.

idwt.gif

Surprised there's been no confirmation of CBJ returning to United yet.

Possibility that we're looking to secure an additional defender before he returns? I'd be happy with James Husband.

Yes, we could do with left footed delivery from that flank.

Used to be a decent player when he fancied it, but I completely forgot he ever existed.

Think about all the dreadful centre forwards I've seen play for us over the last 28 and a half years and then consider that Rodallega's performance for Fulham vs Sheff Utd a couple of years ago (when he ended up crying on the bench after being hauled off) is still one of the worst displays I've ever seen from a professional footballer.

I know it's "only" Turkey - but he has a 1 in 2 strike-rate for Akhisar Belediyespor. He knows where the net is, but based on his previous stints in English football, I'd prefer to steer clear.

We do need another forward this window, though.

I'm not so sure we do. As a team we are having no issues scoring goals, and unless we can find someone top drawer (which I doubt we will at a price we feel comfortable with) I'd rather give Dicko the chance to find form and Ennis get an opportunity when he is fit.

Back