• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

Has Sako had any more game time than Cav?

Sako would be absolutely pointless business. We have completely filled that spot.

Has Sako had any more game time than Cav?

I'm basing on what I have seen in the past 4 years.

Sako would be absolutely pointless business. We have completely filled that spot.

Well we haven't, as rightly or wrongly we fielded George Saville there and then Wallace came on. Even if Cav started we have zero depth. Even if we did, a guy who contributes 20-30 goals a season consistently you can't turn your nose up at given the chance.

We have three main priorities in January as far as I can tell.

1. CB
2. CB
3. CB

I'll have the champions league regular in that case!

Sako would be great back here but we really do need to focus on other areas.

Well we haven't, as rightly or wrongly we fielded George Saville there and then Wallace came on. Even if Cav started we have zero depth. Even if we did, a guy who contributes 20-30 goals a season consistently you can't turn your nose up at given the chance.

Teix. Cavaleiro. Graham coming back. Zyro coming back.

We don't need Sako. Other areas of the team are FAR higher priorities.

I'll have the champions league regular in that case!

Sako would be great back here but we really do need to focus on other areas.

Think regular is being generous! This isn't really a case of who is better, more Sako would improve us.

Teix. Cavaleiro. Graham coming back. Zyro coming back.

We don't need Sako. Other areas of the team are FAR higher priorities.

Graham has been out for a year and our medical and rehab staff are terrible so reckon he could be a while yet. Zyro ditto, probably won't play this year. Tex or Sako, no contest.

And of course we have higher priorities. We have a defence who can't defend and a strike force who can't score.

However not enquiring for Sako would be a little stupid.

Think regular is being generous! This isn't really a case of who is better, more Sako would improve us.

Graham has been out for a year and our medical and rehab staff are terrible so reckon he could be a while yet. Zyro ditto, probably won't play this year. Tex or Sako, no contest.

And of course we have higher priorities. We have a defence who can't defend and a strike force who can't score.

However not enquiring for Sako would be a little stupid.
Sako has been as regular for Palace as Cav has in the champions league I'd have thought.

Anyway as Paddy has said, we've other areas that need strengthening before we look at the left wing with Graham coming back in the coming months.

Centre half is my main concern and I'd want us to totally change the defence and bring a new partnership in.

There is also the issue of wages. Sako asked for a huge contract at Palace. Way beyond what we would pay under Morgan. Things are different now, but we could be looking at well over double what our highest paid player gets, and that can have ramifications.

Don't get me wrong. I loved Sako. He was brilliant here. But we have to get other areas right first I think.

There is also the issue of wages. Sako asked for a huge contract at Palace. Way beyond what we would pay under Morgan. Things are different now, but we could be looking at well over double what our highest paid player gets, and that can have ramifications.

Don't get me wrong. I loved Sako. He was brilliant here. But we have to get other areas right first I think.
Absolutely.

If we signed Sako but not a capable centre half in January I'd be gutted to be honest.

The moment we have a defence which doesn't require its hand being held by Saiss/Coady/Price the moment the rest of the team begins to look better than at present in my view.

We're being hamstrung by the back 4/5 and they need removing asap for the rest of the teammto flourish.

go and offer Stevie G a players Coach role, let him sit in front of the back 4 and pick passes

He's definitely done at Premier League level as a player. Consensus seems to be he is probably done at Championship level too.

Like Keane, no point for him and no point for us. If we were sitting in or around the play offs there'd be potentially some merit in it for both parties.

A good clear out is a good thing.

Gladon - as we have Bod, Dicko, Cav, Mason, and the kid who played on Saturday.
Wallace and Saville - no reason necessary
Ola John and Stearman - if they dont play what's the point.
Tex - Is his heart in it ?

Seriously?

Tbf, I've only seen him play a couple of times but in those games there was no lack of effort, yes he gets knocked off the ball a bit, but you'd expect that with a small guy with quick feet. He just needs to be played in position that suits him, IMO number 10 or wide attacking role. Of course he and Costa need to work on when to run with the ball and when to pass it but that's the same for any young player.

If we signed Sako but not a capable centre half in January I'd be gutted to be honest.

The moment we have a defence which doesn't require its hand being held by Saiss/Coady/Price the moment the rest of the team begins to look better than at present in my view.

We're being hamstrung by the back 4/5 and they need removing asap for the rest of the teammto flourish.

yep. echoes my feelings. whether its a wholesale overhaul or one or two key signings/changes is open to question I guess.

Teix is absolute fucking quality. My heart wouldn't be in it if I was pulled off and that useless carthouse Batth, who was actually to blame, stayed on.

Back