• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

Badge Kissing Ben is probably off to the African Nations in January. I'd have him back, but it'd take a significant climbdown from him and his advisors have got his head in the clouds.

Hourihane is excellent but I imagine we'd have the same issue accommodating him in midfield as we do with Tex. Unless we changed shape of course and played a proper number 10, in which case I'd like to see Tex and Prince given a go first. Never been sold on Rhodes, poor man's SEB.

I think Dicko, Big Jon & Mason are good options up front at this level. Gladon is apparently completely shit (still haven't seen him play) but beyond those 3 I'd rather we looked at Ennis, Enobakhare or Wilson before we signed someone else (unless Fosun have someone truly special lined up).

Hourihane plays central in a 4-4-2 doesn't he?

Badge Kissing Ben is probably off to the African Nations in January. I'd have him back, but it'd take a significant climbdown from him and his advisors have got his head in the clouds.

Hourihane is excellent but I imagine we'd have the same issue accommodating him in midfield as we do with Tex. Unless we changed shape of course and played a proper number 10, in which case I'd like to see Tex and Prince given a go first. Never been sold on Rhodes, poor man's SEB.

If we did end of going with a narrow diamond and 2 up front then I'd take Rhodes every day. Works great in a 2 and he and Bod could be great as a pair. I'd take Hourihane as a central midfielder (rather than a 10) and put Tex/ Prince in their rightful position behind the front man.

If we persist with 1 up top then I don't see the point of getting a striker and we may as well buy a Lansbury/ Bannon type who can actually feed Costa and Cav, y'know an actual playmaker.

Other than that I'd like 1 quality centre back who was good at defending but could actually organise the shambles at the back.

Other than that I'd like 1 quality centre back who was good at defending but could actually organise the shambles at the back.

Miracle workers don't come cheap you know.

Easier just replacing the whole thing

More than anything we must sign a decent experienced CB however I would like to see a GK (very much on the Emi bandwagon there) as I don't think Ikeme or Lonners will be good enough long term. The rest depends entirely on how Lambert wants us to play, I really don't think the systems we have used this season (or last for that matter) have worked.

Hourihane is excellent but I imagine we'd have the same issue accommodating him in midfield as we do with Tex. Unless we changed shape of course and played a proper number 10, in which case I'd like to see Tex and Prince given a go first. Never been sold on Rhodes, poor man's SEB.[/QUO

Fair points

So who would you like us to go for as a midfield and striker ?

Head over to Palace, bring Sako home, sign Jordon Mutch permanent and Damien Delaney on loan for the rest of the season.

We don't need Sako, Cav does a similar job although it would be a lift for the fans. The other 2 would be decent signings

Head over to Palace, bring Sako home, sign Jordon Mutch permanent and Damien Delaney on loan for the rest of the season.

Damien "played every Palace league game bar one where he was injured" Delaney?

Yes, that'll happen...

I think Dicko, Big Jon & Mason are good options up front at this level. Gladon is apparently completely shit (still haven't seen him play) but beyond those 3 I'd rather we looked at Ennis, Enobakhare or Wilson before we signed someone else (unless Fosun have someone truly special lined up).

agree with that Lycan

We don't need Sako, Cav does a similar job although it would be a lift for the fans. The other 2 would be decent signings

We do need Sako. 10 goals a season minimum from anyone would be nice. Plus assists. Might get more out of Dicko too

We do need Sako. 10 goals a season minimum from anyone would be nice. Plus assists. Might get more out of Dicko too
Our record signing who doesn't get a game and could potentially have the same record plays in the same position. It's also where Tex performs best. We are well covered there irrespective of who our managers have chosen to play before this year.

Our record signing who doesn't get a game and could potentially have the same record plays in the same position

Well if he plays we have no one else fit on the bench. Wallace rubbish, Tex hot and cold, John injured, Zyro out, Graham still month or two away.

Regardless of how good Cav and Costa can be, I'd pick Sako over both of them from what I've seen so far. We need more quality depth in that position also and you never know, if we sort out the shit behind them you could play all 3.

Back