• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

I wouldn't have a problem selling him as long as we bought an improvement and I'm not sure Super Kevin and his team are up to that.

I would hate us to sell him. This season is practically over as it is, this is his (and Graham when he returns) chance to find his feet ahead of next season. We are an infinitely better team with him in it, we know that much. If we keep creating chances he will start banging them in.

I would hate us to sell him. This season is practically over as it is, this is his (and Graham when he returns) chance to find his feet ahead of next season. We are an infinitely better team with him in it, we know that much. If we keep creating chances he will start banging them in.

You must know this is football myth #39*. Players will rediscover their form if you give them long enough. The only one I can think of is Shearer, every other player has been worse.

*cheers Kenny and maybe one for Deutsh's new series.

You must know this is football myth #39*. Players will rediscover their form if you give them long enough. The only one I can think of is Shearer, every other player has been worse.

*cheers Kenny and maybe one for Deutsh's new series.
Bryan Robson, Andy Cole, Mark Venus, Joleon Lescott, Matt Murray, Diego Maradona, Roy Keane...

At the moment I cannot see why other clubs would be interested in Dicko. Hopefully he will get back to what he was before his injury, but at the moment that looks a long way off.

Truthfully he looks a pale shadow. Like gazza after surgery. Sorry but this is not the Dicko of old. He is a yard slower and less confident. I would love to see it change. However it may be that he is shot for this league.

Against QPR I thought he looked like he was getting there, honestly. I think a goal would be massive for him too. I don't think it is a case of 'he has lost it'. To me he looks like he is getting into good positions which is a good sign. Lambert appears to rate him too.

it's a really tough injury to get over, and maybe he won't be the same. But this is a player who was looking like a Premier League player in the making pre-injury and I think we would be foolish not to give him the opportunity

Some people come back the same straight away, others take a long time and others never get back to the same level. It might be that we don't get our Dicko back until next season, I think we owe it to him to give him the chance after how influential he has been on this team since he signed.

He's still only 24. Too early to write him off.

Agreed, we have options now that we didn't have before so that takes some pressure off. He's got to get used to the new players, another 4-5 games will give a better indication.

That's worse IMHO. The younger you are the more chance of recovery is a general rule! I really really hope he comes good but I am not holding my breath on the evidence shown. The Dicko of 2014 or 2015 would have converted four or five of the chances he has had in games since his return

Wouldn't say he is a shadow of the player, he does need a goal though and should have got it v Fulham and apparently he is quicker than before his injury (something on the Wolves website from our medical team a few weeks back)

On Monday he had zero chances to put away. Got into some good positions but the crosses were no where near him. For the best part of the game he as dealing with defensive clearances going about 15 foot above him. On the odd occasion he got a ball into his feet, it was out wide linking with Costa or Ivan.

Wouldn't say he is a shadow of the player, he does need a goal though and should have got it v Fulham and apparently he is quicker than before his injury (something on the Wolves website from our medical team a few weeks back)

On Monday he had zero chances to put away. Got into some good positions but the crosses were no where near him. For the best part of the game he as dealing with defensive clearances going about 15 foot above him. On the odd occasion he got a ball into his feet, it was out wide linking with Costa or Ivan.

God I hope you're right

Matty Palmer linked on Mong Mix. I've not heard anything but he's meant to be a classy footballer, something we lack in midfield for sure!

Jody Craddock - Another one who rediscovered his form.

Jody Craddock - Another one who rediscovered his form.

We should sign Tammy Abrahams. Not up to Chelsea standard, but he'd be perfect for us. We had a good, profitable run from Afobe. Abrahams is a similar scenario.

Back