• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Huddersfield (A) 26/2 Build-Up

Again, you can only speak for yourself and Jinks (although Dire Wolf agrees with you). I find it a real cunts trick to say 'everybody agrees with me' to add weight to your opinion. It make you look a cunt* and at the end of the day it is only your opinion.

*for the record and before you push the report button I'm not calling you a cunt.

:icon_lol:

I'm not calling you a cunt you cunt!

I find it weird people are attacking this post. This is exactly my take too.

It seems some people on this thread have decided to take the North Korean approach of shutting down debate about the Dear Leader.

Exactly as Jinky says:
I love Nuno.
He has years of credit in the bank.
Last night he got it wrong.
His biggest weakness is substitutions.

Those statements are not exclusive.

You find it weird people disagree with Jinky and have a different opinion to yourself?

How odd.

Yeah, they weren't bad at all. Some posters go out of their way to create an issue when someone isn't being overly positive, because it fits their agenda. As I said earlier, the people who were crying about the comm thread being "too negative" last night (and this isn't the first time) were a bigger hindrance than those posters who actually commented on the match and what they were watching.

Pretty much this.

I find the “the match day thread is so negative” stuff pretty lolzy.

I’m never normally in them as I’m at the game. But like to have a read after. Unfortunately I was in it last night at Huddersfield on a work night is no deal.

In other games some one saying “FFS Costa” as he gives the ball away for the 5th time isn’t negative, it’s the same as groaning in the stand.

Reactionary messages in heat of the moment being slightly hyperbolic shocker. Seriously, what are people expecting?

We were shit last night, the comments were all reasonable. And what you say is pretty much how it was is nothing new. And people attacking your posts in this thread have been laughable as well, if anything “embarassing” to quote.

You find it weird people disagree with Jinky and have a different opinion to yourself?

How odd.

Not at all.

Different opinions are why this place exists. What I find weird is the vitriol reserved for a post that several people have remarked was a fair take from the game. You may disagree, but it was you who reacted as if that view was unacceptable.

Not at all.

Different opinions are why this place exists. What I find weird is the vitriol reserved for a post that several people have remarked was a fair take from the game. You may disagree, but it was you who reacted as if that view was unacceptable.

Nope, it was about Nuno not being able to adapt.

7th place isn't so much about who we, Watford etc. play as how we play. All season we've failed to turn up against teams worse than us - otherwise 7th would have been nailed on by now. If we carry on doing it, we'll be lucky to qualify.

Let's not overreact.

Points against teams above us = 9 from 9
Points against teams below us = 31 from 19

We have beaten plenty of teams who are worse than us, so to say this has been a problem all season isn't true. In relation to Huddersfield, yes, there is clearly a problem. But there aren't actually that many games where this has happened. For the Cardiff game Nuno decided to change the tactics up which was a mistake but even then we only lost to a wonderstrike. Brighton away was a freak result, dominated them throughout and should have had a penalty - if we had scored first there is no chance Brighton get anything from that game. Take away those two and how many games are there where we have played our regular system and not performed at our best against inferior sides apart from Huddersfield? Fulham away and the home games against Palace and Newcastle probably. It's really not that many, not enough to warrant the reaction that this result is garnering.

Happy to debate it. Also I am very happy to say that your question about what the training camp abroad did is very accurate. Our game works best at speed. Slow us down and you reduce our threat. Do that and we don't create chances. Without chances you can't score. Nuno can adapt, but did nothing about the tempo last night. That was a real problem. The squad is too small. He may like it small but we are two injuries away from a significantly weakened side. Imagine if we lost Boly and Raul for 6 weeks?

I concede its a learning year and there have been far more positives than negatives, but the fact remains we have dropped poor points to Cardiff, Huddersfield, Watford,Palace all of whom slowed us down.

Why do people insist on using these two sides as evidence that we do poorly against the bottom clubs? Palace are a solid side (not to mention one we have already beaten) and even then their win over us was a freak result. And the way some people talk about Watford on this forum I find quite complacent and entitled as they're a good team with a decent manager who knew exactly how to neutralise us tactically. That is why they are close to the exact same position as us for Europe, cup and league. Yet people make out like we lost to relegation-tier fodder. It's quite ironic as the forum loves to poke fun at fans on other forums who under-estimate Wolves and think they have some God-given right to beat us but we do the same by disrespecting our main rival for Europe.

Let's not overreact.

Points against teams above us = 9 from 9
Points against teams below us = 31 from 19

We have beaten plenty of teams who are worse than us, so to say this has been a problem all season isn't true.

Yes, sorry, that was poorly phrased. Nevertheless there have been a number occasions during the season when we have failed to perform as we might have been expected to, and the extra points had we done so would have put us well clear in 7th. That said, we are neck and neck with Watford, and not far ahead of others, and they're probably all saying the same thing.

You can understand people's frustrations, though, when what promises to be a six-point, position-consolidating week disintegrates so ignominiously.

Fine. I will stay away from match threads in future so you can all whinge to your hearts fucking content in peace.

And in this short post, you’ve demonstrated the issue. You still can’t understand that people are commenting on the match and what they are observing. You’d rather continue down the route that “everyone is whinging”. Hopefully you do as you say, and do everyone a favour by staying away.

I don't think "over the top" means what some of you think it does. Your use of the phrase OTT is OTT.

My biggest gripe is when people say things like 'we will thrash this pile of shit'. We don't like it when a big teams fans say that about us.

Typical match thread

Langers the voice of reason popping up the morning after the night before telling everyone to calm down

Cybertosis

Paddy saying Cybertosis is boring

Johnny calling someone else a c***

The problem isn't so much that we lost to Huddersfield, or any other shit side- the problem is how badly we played.

We had zero shots on goal. ZERO. Against the bottom side, who are probably the worst PL side ever!
If we have a decent game and get robbed by the refs (ie Bournmouth) I can handle losing. If the opposition, although shit, beats us tactically and plays well, I can handle losing.
I can't handle losing against a shit side, who play shit (although admittedly solid if not spectacular at the back).
Clearly they're a physical side, good in the air, discipled at the back and use the offside well. The counter attacks were terrible. Top half championship side the likes of which we had no problem demolishing last year, and yet we lose against, twice, this year, with a much improved squad. It's not a one off mistake, it's a serious problem that needs to be addressed if we have any hope of europe next year

Doherty missed, what could be called, an absolute sitter in the first half, he didn't even hit the target with the shot. That would be the very least he would expect to do and it set the tone for the rest of the game

Doherty missed, what could be called, an absolute sitter in the first half, he didn't even hit the target with the shot. That would be the very least he would expect to do and it set the tone for the rest of the game

Hard to get hold of but surely should get something on target yeah.

it does make you wonder how the tempo of the match may have shifted if he managed to land that in the net

can't be expected to score every shot (don't think it was a given though) but it was a poor effort which was rather consistent with the rest of the team on the day.

I've said it in other matches but yes applies to this one too, 'how' we lost this one is the much bigger annoyance than the mere loss itself.

I wouldn't call that a sitter, if he takes a touch then it's potentially a much easier chance as he should've still have time to get a shot off before the defenders could close him down but the chance as he took it wasn't easy. Poor decision more so than execution for me, more worrying that it's about as good as it got in front of goal.

I wouldn't call that a sitter, if he takes a touch then it's potentially a much easier chance as he should've still have time to get a shot off before the defenders could close him down but the chance as he took it wasn't easy. Poor decision more so than execution for me, more worrying that it's about as good as it got in front of goal.

Certainly wasn’t a sitter. As you said he should Have taken a touch.

If he connects with that on target, with the side foot technique he was going with,It was unlikely he would have scored anyway as the keeper was coming back across

I don-t know if anyone as bought up the amount of very poor passes we did last night. I watched it live on TV, and as well as Jonny played I lost count of the number of times when he was in a good position, and then passed the ball to an Huddersfield player.

I think its very simple really. The top 6 are the top 6 for a reason because they can play their own game and have the quality to win the majority of games against everyone else. They do this by having a lot of quality players especially in attack. We are trying to emulate that with our "identity" sticking to the way we play steadfastly regardless of the opposition (excepting the Cardiff away game).

Nuno will recruit to carry on playing the way he sees as our long term project and when the quality arrives we will edge closer to this goal.
This is an amazingly competitive league that we play in and it won't happen in the next 3 years.

If it works we will make it into a top 7 first, but for all the ambition we have we have got to go along with the FFP brought in to protect the top clubs as they are now.
As it stands we would'nt be able to pay 3 x Alexi Sanchez's wages. In three years time we could have 6 of him.
This is based on the the assumption that the £393,000pw + £75,000 play bonus is correct and that we can pay £67m this year rising by £19m per annum if our revenue increases enough to do that. (i'm no expert) but you see what I'm getting at.

In summary the big 6 have lots of money and can pay the best footballers, we have to do it a different way and build up the amount we get in to maximise the extra per annum we can spend.

And yeah we should be beating Huddersfield.

Back