• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Huddersfield (A) 26/2 Build-Up

Ya know I'm gettin real tired of people moaning about moaners who moan about moaning

:devilsmile:

I do read them though and don't find them particularly negative. It's not every game. It would certainly annoy me if people were being unduly poor toward the players/team, but it's not really any different than collective groaning/cheering at a match itself.

Some (ahem) seem to be rather sensitive to the non-positive comment, which is far more annoying.

Meta discussions are just as obnoxious as anything else though so I'll leave it at that. Just find all of these comments rather odd, especially in this of all threads. Who walked away from the game on Tuesday feeling great about the result?!

It most certainly is every game, it's been mentioned before (not merely after we've just lost to the bottom club with an admittedly very poor performance) and it's not just me.

If I had some whiny dickhead behind me at the match moaning incessantly every time we lost possession, morbidly stating that the opposition were going to score, calling the players/manager "pathetic", bemoaning the fact that we aren't 5-0 up from our five shots on goal, I'd probably tell him/her to belt up, you're ruining my enjoyment of the game.

We're 7th in the Premier League and in the quarter finals of the FA Cup yet some people seem to derive absolutely no pleasure from watching us, ever. It's not a good look.

But hey, carry on for all I care. I'm not even online for 50% of the games and the other 50%, I just ignore the forum for a couple of hours, save for maybe a quick comment at half time.

We're 7th in the Premier League and in the quarter finals of the FA Cup yet some people seem to derive absolutely no pleasure from watching us, ever. It's not a good look.

maybe if our players stopped being pathetic...

The last match day thread wasn’t that bad at all, it’s hardly going to be joyous without a shot on goal, but it wasn’t remotely Disproportionate.

And in all honesty, they’re match threads, not season review threads, so whilst everyone agrees this is a fantastic season, Nuno is our best manager ever etc, individual events and matches don’t have to be relentlessly positive if that game or event isn’t relentlessly positive - it’s weird to think they do in all honesty.

I’m good with a separate verdict thread though

It's the constant "FFS Costa!" and variants that annoy me. They'd annoy me if I was at the match and was standing near someone who was saying that all the time (especially if they couldn't be bothered to fully enunciate "for fuck's sake")

The "Nuno's got this wrong", "Neves is having a bit of mare" comments are fine.

Well, it's all fine really. It's a football forum. No-one has to read it.

And in all honesty, they’re match threads, not season review threads, so whilst everyone agrees this is a fantastic season, Nuno is our best manager ever etc, individual events and matches don’t have to be relentlessly positive if that game or event isn’t relentlessly positive - it’s weird to think they do in all honesty.

No-one's saying that, are they.

If you're that bothered, read the Everton or Bristol City threads (when we won, and deserved to) and decide if they're a fair reflection of the game.

Spoiler: They aren't.

+1 to separate threads please. Ta.

If you're that bothered, read the Everton or Bristol City threads (when we won, and deserved to) and decide if they're a fair reflection of the game.

Unfortunately, the human mentality is to focus on what is wrong not what is right.

I'm a miserable bastard a lot of the time, but even I'm chuffed about this season in general.

Totally agree with Deutsch - I don't tend to frequent the matchday threads all that often because it's rarely a decent indication of the way the game is going.

It gives the impression that some people still can't relax when they watch us play, unless we're at least 2 goals up with 5 minutes to go. I freely admit I was like that for many years but I don't think there's much justification for that with the present day side.

Each to their own I guess, I don't have to read through it so most of the time I don't.

Used to open up verdict threads (& in previous seasons it was often a race as to who could get there first) - not done it so much this season as have been at almost all of the home games (& I'm not fecking around on my phone to do it).

Was out on Tuesday till well after the game - will try harder from now on. Don't tend to be so much on the 'in game' threads as it is easier for people to pick up streams for the match whereas commentary in the Championship had some value (even if it was taken from the radio somewhat inaccurate feed)

They definitely were saying that Deutsch. If you read back through this thread, there were people saying it wasn’t allowed to be unhappy with the performance because this season is going so well - to the point that about half a dozen people had to preface their thoughts with statements about how good this season is before they felt able to comment.

I can only talk about this thread as I’ve not read back on Everton and brizzle, but this one wasn’t overly negative.

I haven't had the desire to read through it all :icon_lol: I wasn't on here on Tuesday night and it's not something I really want to relive in any sense (I've watched the goal and Doc's chance back once, that's it).

I'm saying that generally the threads are very, very, very negative - in the context of how we generally play. If we're shit then fine, call it out, we aren't immune from criticism just because it's a fantastic team. I'm saying they take a kicking whatever the scoreline is and however well we're playing.

Which would be wrong, I agree, and there would be plenty to be annoyed about on that thread (and I’m sure the poor mods have had to go through it!), but negativity isn’t one of them on this occasion (imo).

Maybe read through them tonight if you’re struggling to sleep ;p

If we are moaning about the negativity, can I add the pre match 'these are shite, we'll smash them' comments to the hall of shame?

Really good to see the match/verdict thread has turned into analysis of the posts.

What intrigues me is the why the author chose to write "ffs Costa" instead of "For fucks sake Helder". In my opinion the use of the surname and acronyms is a way a for the author to disassociate with the human element of the game.

Or, people post in a reactive manner, much like what is said in a game so either, don't read it or join in and put across your pov. Just don't spend 6 pages breaking down people's reactive posts in a manner Wolves couldn't break down Huddersfield. Ffs.

I'd agree purely on the basis that we hardly ever hand out absolute hammerings regardless of who we're playing and how dominant we are. Bolton twice last season and Burton away are the only 4+ goal victories under Nuno?

and I’m sure the poor mods have had to go through it

200w.gif

Just don't spend 6 pages breaking down people's reactive posts in a manner Wolves couldn't break down Huddersfield. Ffs.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

also, I believe you mean "for fuck sake". do not disassociate the human element of forum posting.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

also, I believe you mean "for fuck sake". do not disassociate the human element of forum posting.

Not even sorry about it! :icon_cool:

Back