• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Huddersfield (A) 26/2 Build-Up

200w.gif

Does that mean the mods don’t read it? Who are the mods at the moment? Just interested :)

Problem is if you can't get access to commentary etc its much simpler to follow the game via Tim 2 or Wolves on twitter, there's no need for ongoing commentary on here. Especially as radio commentary is available worldwide for free on Wolves's website.

You're right though, these threads are a total shit show. We should definitely go back to having separate verdict threads, with hopefully a bit more thought behind the comments.

I agree, about the radio commentary, but for me with my internet it' a case of megabites.

I agree, about the radio commentary, but for me with my internet it' a case of megabites.
Next time it's an away game I will measure the Mb for the radio commentary used for you. But it won't be much at all.

What is with the "overly negative matchday" posts? People aren't that negative. It was agreed we were playing poorly in this last game, but... I mean... weren't we??

Christ almighty you guys act like people are screaming "nuno out, the players are cunts, wolves suck, shambles, no fuck you mate, I DISAGREE RABBLE RABBLE". The whining about negativity over the last few weeks is 10x worse than the actual comments being made.

Hang on there, it has nothing to do with so and so is crap or that wa a bollocks pass. It's the scratching the eyes out and willy waving that is just unreadable.

The matchday thread can be negative but don't think Tuesdays was particularly bad, just people pointing out what was wrong in their opinion. Don't remember too many 'they're a disgrace/no pashun' type comments, but I tend to skip over those anyway and just concentrate on the stuff I want to read.

I agree there are alternatives, can't stand Tim 2 and that other dickhead , but there is the beeb, the gruniad, and wolves live commentary when i have the megabites, BUT!! and for me it's a big BUT!!
The forum matchday thread is my only real contact with genuine wolves supporters who watch the team every week, and make some excellent comments whether i agree or not, it's just become a bitch fest, posters criticising each other rather than the game, and seemingly for the hell of it.

But with the forum matchday thread you are, by definition, getting commentary from people who aren't there?

I do read them though and don't find them particularly negative. It's not every game. It would certainly annoy me if people were being unduly poor toward the players/team, but it's not really any different than collective groaning/cheering at a match itself.

Some (ahem) seem to be rather sensitive to the non-positive comment, which is far more annoying.

Meta discussions are just as obnoxious as anything else though so I'll leave it at that. Just find all of these comments rather odd, especially in this of all threads. Who walked away from the game on Tuesday feeling great about the result?!

100%, and a bit more on top.

But with the forum matchday thread you are, by definition, getting commentary from people who aren't there?

I once live posted from the game. McDons at home in 2015. I genuinely had nothing better to do. It was when I put up the infamous picture of us having nine men behind the ball, at 0-0, against that sham outfit, at home, with 10 minutes to go.

I don't do that now, there's a bit more intensity about the matchday experience.

Oddly after that game, people who hadn't been to the match tried to defend the performance when I said how shit we were. It's a strange old world.

I once live posted from the game. McDons at home in 2015. I genuinely had nothing better to do. It was when I put up the infamous picture of us having nine men behind the ball, at 0-0, against that sham outfit, at home, with 10 minutes to go.

I don't do that now, there's a bit more intensity about the matchday experience.

Oddly after that game, people who hadn't been to the match tried to defend the performance when I said how shit we were. It's a strange old world.
I'll used to occasionally post at half time if I had signal, but not any more.

d1a1a0bca3bb92dee49f9d19cf1809ff.jpg

This is exactly why people should stop and think about context when they're persistently fucking moaning (and yes, they do).

This was less than three and a half years ago. We actually nearly lost, Ikeme had to make a couple of decent saves near the end.

It's 'for fuck's sake'.

No, I was only worried about a single fuck. If you are annoyed enough to include multiple fucks that's your prerogative, but in that specific case I just wanted the one.

Which is why he included the apostrophe I would imagine.

I do read them though and don't find them particularly negative. It's not every game. It would certainly annoy me if people were being unduly poor toward the players/team, but it's not really any different than collective groaning/cheering at a match itself.

With respect you haven't been to games. It certainly is nowhere near as negative at the games this season as it is on this forum.

Not even close. There's barely a groan.

Uhm excuse you but I use Molineux in Fifa 19. There is plenty of jeering.

Back