• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Huddersfield 1 - Wolves 0 the 'please end this season now' verdict thread

you're spouting fucking rubbish Jackett - you must thinks the fans are stupid !!!

Decent afternoon for me, I stopped paying attention last week and once again my own footy was off this week, been out on the bike, made some bread that has made the kitchen smell amazing and I had a really decent blast on the division open beta on the Xbox one, it's really decent, pre-ordered as a result, delighted I ignored my last minute urge to go to the game seeing as it's nearby.

you're spouting fucking rubbish Jackett - you must thinks the fans are stupid !!!

When he says it was "tough to lose" I assume he's referring to our masterplan of getting a 0-0 not coming off? Because I'm not sure how he expected to win with that team.

Fell asleep listening to the commentary and was awoken by Huddersfield going 1-0 up.
Players selected simply aren't good enough, a manager who's clearly lost the plot or either simply doesn't care anymore.
Everything from top to bottom is a mess and we are rudderless ship. If nothing changes in pre season we'll drift back to league 1.
The quality in the that side picked today is none existent.

Hardly. It's blindingly obvious he was being sarcastic.

No. It was just a bit of gallows humour and completely harmless. It wasn't trying to provoke a reaction at all.

Ah fair enough, my apologies. There's more than enough to get annoyed about anyway.

That four game fluke just after Xmas has saved us from a dog fight.

I was full of hope going into this season. Buy a competent, championship quality left winger to replace Sako and compete... We bought a defensive midfielder for £2m! Absolute rubbish and a huge chance missed. Morgan can only go when a buyer come in, Moxey is passed his sell by date and Marshall, Thelwell and Jackett are out of their depth.
I'm pretty disappointed, can you tell?

We were never going to get a like for like player as good as Sako.

There is only one man who can instigate the necessary changes ( A clean sweep of the backroom from Moxey down to the playing staff) and that is Steve Morgan. I am beginning to dislike Morgan and have severe reservations over his custodianship. He has the balls to confront referees and the players but seems oblivious of his duty of care to us supporters. The club (and I include the Marketing Dept) is an utter shambles and our demands (which are almost universal) should be met. Get rid of them Morgan.

How depressing following Wolves has become every week. Shit team, shit performance and now usually a shit result. Why on Earth won't they just sack him?

The bit in bold is the crux of it. If we were playing brutal, Megson-esque football that was actively insulting to the eyes but we were just about picking up enough results to keep us in the hunt for the top six, you could accept it. We'd all likely moan about the entertainment values but you could at least see how the manager could vindicate his approach. But we're awful to watch AND we aren't getting the results.

Since 21st October we've played Brentford, Bristol City, MK Dons, Rotherham, Leeds, Reading (x2), Charlton, Fulham, QPR, Bolton and Huddersfield. I would not consider any of them to be good teams, indeed only Preston and QPR are above us at the moment. 17 points from those 12 games across four months against poor or very poor teams. Completely unacceptable.

I get that the club is in limbo and a change of manager will only occur if things go FUBAR, but for me that happened weeks ago. The amount feeling of fans towards the club is as low as I can remember since the mid 80's and barring a change of ownership, the only thing that can mitigate it is for Jackett to go.

I don't understand how Jackett isn't getting more stick from the fans at home games either. I think he's extremely lucky that Morgan has put the club up for sale because him and Moxey seem to be getting most of the shit from the fans.

That four game fluke just after Xmas has saved us from a dog fight.

Or, it saved Ken from the boot and we might now have a manager who tries to win games?

I don't understand how Jackett isn't getting more stick from the fans at home games either. I think he's extremely lucky that Morgan has put the club up for sale because him and Moxey seem to be getting most of the $#@! from the fans.

Trust me, it won`t be long.

Sorry but I hate Jackett now, his stubbornness to pick players or make subs is tearing the club and fans apart, and it's all on him.

Quirk reported that our own fans were scrapping, Trev's son got a slap at Molineux and Martinez and Byrne must be wondering what the hell they need to do to get a game.

I wonder if anyone at the club actually questions Kens decisions? Coady and Saville in midfield while KMac can't even get subbed on. Is Ken surrounded by yes men? Do none of the players ever approach to ask why he only uses 1 out of a 3 possible subs? Don't the coaches or physio question he might be burning players by making them play the full 90?
Does nobody care about the possible negative affect on player morale by continuously leaving players on the bench?

Just what the actual fuck is going on behind the scenes at Wolves?

I feel that about 3 weeks we staged where we had with McCarthy about a month before he was sacked, where some people wanted him sacked as the results had started to slide but was being slightly masked by an okay start. I would be happy to see Jackett gone tomorrow now, and would still remember him fondly as would forget the majority of this season then. The problem is though I honestly believe the quality of our squad has completely nose dived. I said this before, but no one in the top half or looking to be top half next year would want any of that starting 11.

Back