• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Virtually everyone in our section has come back. Queues were horrendous though in part due to the checks seeming much more rigorous

Odd one that, could be a slight tear and he'll be back in 8 weeks. Could be a complete tear and that's 4 months.

Feel for the lad.
Difficult to tell extent and healing potential from MRI. Assume they’ll make the call during the op, either cut out/smooth with quicker return but accept later life consequences or try to repair with the longer recovery time. Shit either way for him though

Well the shirt sales have started early this year :D

Maybe United on Boxing Day (if it stays there, although it will 100% be on TV as Amazon still have that deal for another season IIRC) won't. That's about it though. Totally pointless buying a membership.

Well, unless we go on some crazy run and look like we will finish top 6. If we spend the season bobbing around 12-18th as I imagine, nothing will sell out.

Can’t see any tickets on stadium view, only list view. Is Jeff trying to hide the availability again?

Can’t see any tickets on stadium view, only list view. Is Jeff trying to hide the availability again?
Sometimes the embedded graphics don't work and the seats don't load. Just reload from the start of try another tab/window.

Southampton must have improved a lot. When I went in 2005 it was a soulless bowl in an industrial area.
It still is. I can't fathom how anyone could put Southampton at the top of any list for anything.

They're close with the bottom 3. Brighton's should definitely be in there though and Selhurst should be much lower than it is.

My list FWIW although I've left out Wolves and the ones I haven't been to (Fulham, Brentford & Bournemouth). I'd imagine Wolves would be quite low on my list if I was an away fan, the away end at Molineux is shite.

Southampton
Chelsea
Forest
Ipswich
Newcastle
Villa
Leicester
Everton
Liverpool
Spurs
Arsenal
Man Utd
Palace
Man City
Brighton
West Ham
If I'm rating an away day, I'm looking at more than the stadium...

Ease of access to said stadium would be a consideration, as would the quality of the local hostelries...

Given that I resent spending £7 - £10 on a plastic cup of piss, then my review won't be negatively affected by the bar options inside the grounds, however bonus points will be given for offering me something I might want.

So here goes...

Fulham
Chelsea
Forest
Ipswich
Arsenal
City
Villa
United
Leicester
Palace
Brighton
Southampton
West Ham
Newcastle
Everton
Liverpool
Bournemouth

I've omitted Brentford and Spurs because I've not yet been to their new stadiums. I would have put Griffin park inbetween Brighton and Southampton though and WHL between Arsenal and City (would be higher but it was a ball ache to get to).

Newcastle surprisingly low there my man! I know you're up in the Gods in the ground but it's a great city for an away day. Although of course you do need to stay over to make the best of it, at least after and ideally before too.

I loathe Selhurst Park, I've been there five times which is approximately five times too many.

Newcastle surprisingly low there my man! I know you're up in the Gods in the ground but it's a great city for an away day. Although of course you do need to stay over to make the best of it, at least after and ideally before too.

I loathe Selhurst Park, I've been there five times which is approximately five times too many.
If I was rating Newcastle as a home fan it would be different, but that view is appalling. Worse views in Liverpool though, stuck behind a post at Everton, unable to sit or stand at Anfield, had to stoop for 2 hours to see the pitch and Sami Hyppia scored an injury time winner grrrr.

Selhurst Park saved by a decent home crowd and very good pubs - with my estuary accent, I can frequent them all.

I don’t know how Brighton is so high. One of the worst grounds to get to and from I’ve ever experienced.

Drive? Yeah cool, you can’t park anywhere near the ground, get the train.

Getting the train? Yeah cool we’re not going to actually put any extra services on in either direction so please be prepared to queue for an hour.

View is not an issue at Anfield anymore.
I can only review what I've experienced, the view was shite under the second tier.

The pubs by the train station weren't great and the walk to the ground(s) was shall we say... unwelcoming.

Back