• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

To be fair those two were announced a while ago and the email is just a reminder.

Meanwhile the rubbish Afobe lad has made a pretty decent start to Premier League life, DejaVu Wolf...

Meanwhile the rubbish Afobe lad has made a pretty decent start to Premier League life, DejaVu Wolf...

Give him chances and he'll score his fair share, wasn't really doing anything to help Wolves' cause though as they don't create anything. All he's had to do at Bournemouth is knock things in from a few yards out, hardly tearing defences apart.

Good at what he does, but Wolves need more than that to cover the failings elsewhere.

Which just proves my point that he wasn't applying himself and he wanted to get away. He only turned it on for the Sky cameras every now and again towards the end.

I knew I was right.

Which just proves my point that he wasn't applying himself and he wanted to get away. He only turned it on for the Sky cameras every now and again towards the end.

I knew I was right.

Of course you are petal.

Afobe was a shadow of himself of last year, I don't think his heart was in it at all.

I think that's because he was played out of position to start with and the woefully poor Jackett decided to revert to Graham Taylor 1990's tactics. I'd be royally fucked off if the club promised to replace Sako and didn't, my strike partner got injured and wasn't replaced adequately and the ball kept flying over my head in games.

I'd want to move clubs too.

Wolves as a business and club are abysmal at the moment and the ownership issue is just masking the sheer incompetence of running a successful business, debt free. That is squarely on the shoulders of an inadequate CEO.

Ceo can only work with what his boss gives him.

They're both to blame but changing them isn't as easy as some think.

As for Afobe, he has some of the blame too. He wanted out.

Afobe was a shadow of himself of last year, I don't think his heart was in it at all.

Exactly. It's pretty irrelevant what he's doing now YoungWolf, decent start or not, my concern is, and was, what he was, or more precisely wasn't, doing for us.

I think that's because he was played out of position to start with and the woefully poor Jackett decided to revert to Graham Taylor 1990's tactics. I'd be royally fucked off if the club promised to replace Sako and didn't, my strike partner got injured and wasn't replaced adequately and the ball kept flying over my head in games.

I'd want to move clubs too.

Wolves as a business and club are abysmal at the moment and the ownership issue is just masking the sheer incompetence of running a successful business, debt free. That is squarely on the shoulders of an inadequate CEO.

Spot on johnny

Yet you said that he wasn't even the best striker at the club - which we know to be untrue. So you were wrong.

Hi to all the regulars - I don't post often, but I read all the posts religiously as I don't actually get to see any matches these days and I think I get a more realistic perspective of what is happening at Molineux, both on and off the field, than by reading the Express & Star! I'm Wolverhampton born and bred and Wolves are my team, and always will be, through thick and thin, and we've seen a lot of both over the years! I love stats and tables and was glancing through recent Championship final tables, just to see how many points Wolves will need to avoid relegation (yes, a true Wolves fan, optimistic to the end!). Over the last 10 seasons, here are the points totals needed to avoid relegation: 42-45-55-41-43-48-47-53-43-43; so, as we only have 39 points at the moment, we have some way to go before we could consider ourselves safe.

As a reflection of the current state of things at the moment at Molineux, I think the final table for the 2008-2009 season makes interesting reading: Wolves finished as Champions with 90pts and were promoted to the Premier League. Watford (currently doing quite well in the PL) were 13th with 58pts, and Crystal Palace (currently looking quite comfortable in the PL) finished 15th with 56pts, albeit with a one point deduction. More interesting were two of the teams relegated to League One that season: Norwich and Southampton, and look where they are now (particularly Southampton). What a difference 7/8 years can make, eh?

I'd be interested to see if anyone on the forum thinks there's any chance that Wolves will do a Southampton or a Bournemouth or a Leicester over the next 7/8 years?

Yet you said that he wasn't even the best striker at the club - which we know to be untrue. So you were wrong.
Dicko is the better fit for Wolves though, just look at the difference when he's been injured the last 2 seasons.

Of course, and I think everyone knows how highly I rate dicko. I see him as integral. But Afobe is scoring goals in the premier league so I don't think we can argue right now who he better forward is.

I don't think it's even worth trying to compare, they're completely different players.

As we saw in the first half of the season, Afobe doesn't have anything like the ability of Dicko outside the box, he just offers nothing in that respect. Bournemouth have a very capable midfield who you'd fancy to create chances in most games, all the really needed was someone who can get on the end of things and put them away, that's all that Wilson does for the most part and what Murray was failing to do.

Afobe was the obvious choice for them, Dicko the better option for Wolves.

Of course, and I think everyone knows how highly I rate dicko. I see him as integral. But Afobe is scoring goals in the premier league so I don't think we can argue right now who he better forward is.

it may sound silly, but i would still prefer a fully fit Dicko out of them both. i think he brings far more to the team than Afobe.

:icon_lol: Seems to be justifying the ten million fee you thought he wasn't worth eh...

Back