• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

And it's this flat bat style that fucks me off most about Wolves. It's a shite business that doesn't give its customers the time of day and listen to their ideas. Wolves have never done this under the twat that's currently in charge. And he will always treat fans as minor customers, corporate business opportunities as the next best and noshing off the TV companies as the best thing since sliced bread.

This business model can only ever end in failure and football is sleepwalking into it. It's quite humiliating for all really.

Many years ago when I was on the FP the subject of ticketing came up many times, we're so stuck in the 1960s in that regard it's embarrassing. They won't even countenance anything progressive or inventive, they hide behind excuses of not being set up to do it any other way. Which is absolute rubbish, they hold the data there. If I log into my Wolves account I can see tickets that I bought in 2002. With that amount of data and that amount of lapsed customers (not me, but thousands of others) there are tons of things they could do - it's a (good) marketing manager's dream.

I will add that Wolves are far from exclusive in this respect, most football clubs are bloody rubbish - that is no excuse though, much like when we say our ticket prices are "competitive" as if it matters a fuck what QPR and Ipswich charge.

Saturday 27th February 2016
Close
SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP

Wolves v Derby 12:30
Blackburn v MK Dons 15:00
Bolton v Burnley 15:00
Cardiff v Preston 15:00
Charlton v Reading 15:00
Fulham v Middlesbrough 15:00
Huddersfield v Ipswich 15:00
Nottm Forest v Bristol City 15:00
QPR v Birmingham 15:00
Rotherham v Brentford 15:00

Bolton vs Burnley is surely a bigger local derby than us and Derby?

To be honest Wolves vs Derby hasn't let Sky down in the last 18 months 13 goals, full houses in all three games and the cliched great advert. It's hardly surprising it's been picked again?

Bolton are diabolical to watch though. Think their last two games on Sky have been awful 0-0s. I've been moaning about our style of football over the last couple of months but Bolton make us look like Ajax 1971.

It also means that I've got to get up at fucking 4am to get the 0630 flight...
Only consolation will be watching a 3pm ko game in some pub drinking a few decent pints with some of you cherries...

Wrong, the only consolation will be watching Ireland beating England in the 6 Nations at Twickenham at 4pm!

Many years ago when I was on the FP the subject of ticketing came up many times, we're so stuck in the 1960s in that regard it's embarrassing. They won't even countenance anything progressive or inventive, they hide behind excuses of not being set up to do it any other way. Which is absolute rubbish, they hold the data there. If I log into my Wolves account I can see tickets that I bought in 2002. With that amount of data and that amount of lapsed customers (not me, but thousands of others) there are tons of things they could do - it's a (good) marketing manager's dream.

It's wilful arrogance and it's bloody annoying. CEO of the year, my arse.

As for SKY, depressingly Penk is correct, the only way to make it competitive is for the clubs to negotiate their own deals but within a structure and particularly the overseas deals and 3PM kick off streams which would allow the clubs freedom of content, advertising and pricing structure.

Bob all chance of it happening though.

I think clubs negotiating their own deals would be a step in the wrong direction.

I think clubs negotiating their own deals would be a step in the wrong direction.

The issue would be ending up with the situation La Liga had until very recently, Barca and Real earned more than the entire rest of the league put together. You'd need to make sure the funding was centralised in some way.

I don't see there really being a market for it below the Premier League anyway. There isn't the interest, not in the grand scheme of things.

I agree. I also think it's too far down the line to do anything about it, sadly. There's absolutely no way any club will try and break away from the existing deal - there's no way the FL would allow it, and we've seen what happens to any other broadcaster who tries to take Sky on when it comes to televising football at this level.

:icon_lol:

cZYWEOr.gif

I haven't explained that correctly; I meant putting the 3:00 KO's on streams and selling it themselves but they need broadcasters to do that, it would be those negotiations.

I would expect the FL to put a proper structure around it and a FL tax to be applied so the grass roots and lower leagues get some of the redistribution.

I haven't explained that correctly; I meant putting the 3:00 KO's on streams and selling it themselves but they need broadcasters to do that, it would be those negotiations.

I would expect the FL to put a proper structure around it and a FL tax to be applied so the grass roots and lower leagues get some of the redistribution.

Ah ok. Yeah, I agree with that. Streamed football at 3pm on a Saturday is not going to effect attendances as much as playing on a Thursday night and a Sunday morning!

I believe Football is all about fans in the ground and good atmosphere, once you lose that you lose everything.

Ahh but the TV companies dont really care about this either as was shown recently when BT piped artificial noises over the Fc United match and very few people sitting at home seemed to care.

Sky's obsession with our home matches continues. 27th Feb vs Derby is now a 12:30pm kick off.
Fucking arseholes. I was hoping to get down for this after landing back in Blighty that morning. No way of doing it now.

Back