• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

2012/13 under Solbakken. 1-1.

Not that long ago then, I remember that game with us conceding an injury time equaliser but in my minds eye that game was on a Tuesday night. Mind obviously playing tricks.

Lifted from elsewhere and don't really have time to check it myself, apparently these are the most shown teams in the league this season (up to the end of Feb):

Derby : 11 3 H 8 A
Leeds : 11 4 H 7 A
Wolves : 11 6 H 5 A
QPR : 10 6 H 4 A
Forest : 9 3 H 6 A
Burnley : 8 3 H 5 A
Boro : 7 3 H 4 A
Hull : 7 3 H 4 A

Well yeah, exactly. But that isn't "right".

For me, you, 99% of TWF and most people who value the traditions of the game - no it isn't right.

For Rupert Murdoch, Sky and Glasgowolf - bring it on.

When was sport not about money in some way?

So do I, but the people that matter don't seem to.

I wonder what the repercussions might be if Mr Moxley told SKY thanks, but no thanks. I know Sky pays good money but the ground will only be a quarter full and that that looks shit. It'll have the atmosphere of a reserve game. The players shouting to each other echoing around the sparse stands...

I wonder what the repercussions might be if Mr Moxley told SKY thanks, but no thanks. .

We would be severely punished by the FL as we would be breaking their rules and basically refusing to play.

It also means that I've got to get up at fucking 4am to get the 0630 flight...
Only consolation will be watching a 3pm ko game in some pub drinking a few decent pints with some of you cherries...

We would be severely punished by the FL as we would be breaking their rules and basically refusing to play.

Really? How would we be refusing to play?
What sort of a deal have we signed up to with this shit?
(I know, 'The Deal Of The Devil...')

It also means that I've got to get up at fucking 4am to get the 0630 flight...
Only consolation will be watching a 3pm ko game in some pub drinking a few decent pints with some of you cherries...

The new Slater's Craft Beer Bar should be open by then!

It's the Football League who have signed up for it. There's nothing we can do about it, assuming we wish to continue as a member of the Football League.

If you say "no thanks" to playing at 12.30, you would be refusing to play. See FC Utd and their stance when they told the FA they can fuck off with showing their game live on TV.....their game was shown live on TV.

The deal with the Sky is signed by the FL, we are just little members (that get a bucket of cash) who have to do as we are told. If Sky want to play a game at 1.30am on a Thursday we would have to play at that time.

Nope, I definitely think it's right that companies should be looking after their customers.

Quite right Craig, but is 'looking after our customers' showing Wolves playing shit football every week?
I haven't looked at the fixture list but is Wolves v Derby the most attravctive game that day?

It is two teams with bigger fan bases. That is what matters. Audience figure and advertising revenue.

Quite right Craig, but is 'looking after our customers' showing Wolves playing $#@! football every week?
I haven't looked at the fixture list but is Wolves v Derby the most attravctive game that day?

Saturday 27th February 2016
Close
SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP

Wolves v Derby 12:30
Blackburn v MK Dons 15:00
Bolton v Burnley 15:00
Cardiff v Preston 15:00
Charlton v Reading 15:00
Fulham v Middlesbrough 15:00
Huddersfield v Ipswich 15:00
Nottm Forest v Bristol City 15:00
QPR v Birmingham 15:00
Rotherham v Brentford 15:00

This is a good and perfectly reasonable idea, which would create some genuine goodwill between the club and the fans. But we all know it won't happen, and that even if it got discussed at the FP (in AOB, just after the important topic of Scott Golbourne's tatty undershirt on the agenda) the club would say it's 'not feasible to introduce such a scheme'.

And it's this flat bat style that fucks me off most about Wolves. It's a shite business that doesn't give its customers the time of day and listen to their ideas. Wolves have never done this under the twat that's currently in charge. And he will always treat fans as minor customers, corporate business opportunities as the next best and noshing off the TV companies as the best thing since sliced bread.

This business model can only ever end in failure and football is sleepwalking into it. It's quite humiliating for all really.

Back