• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

The number of games that have been moved is an absolute disgrace. Fuck all thought for supporters. I hope you find a way to make it in time, chaps. Fucking Sky.

Just seen Sky have moved the Brighton vs Leeds game to a Monday night. Imagine travelling for that! Sky are fucking wankers, they do not give a shit about the fans.

Just seen Sky have moved the Brighton vs Leeds game to a Monday night. Imagine travelling for that! Sky are fucking wankers, they do not give a shit about the fans.

The real fans watch it on tv....

The real fans watch it on tv....

The problem nowadays is the armchair fans pay more into football than the fans that go to the matches and I guess it's more important for Sky and the Premier League to get the right matches for them not those that sit in the stadium.

The problem nowadays is the armchair fans pay more into football than the fans that go to the matches and I guess it's more important for Sky and the Premier League to get the right matches for them not those that sit in the stadium.

Exactly. So in Sky's eyes the armchair fans are the real ones that matter.

I don't think it's "right" on any level. It's just pure greed by all parties.

Isn't there a case for the Football league to stand up for the supporters who choose to go to the games. Working with the FA during pre season stating these are the times of our games do you wish to televise them as they stand. Not move them for another audience.

Isn't there a case for the Football league to stand up for the supporters who choose to go to the games. Working with the FA during pre season stating these are the times of our games do you wish to televise them as they stand. Not move them for another audience.

Makes sense.... although a lot of it has to do with which teams are competing for the title, play-offs, relegation battles etc, so someone like Wolves might seem like a good proposition to show live in August, but by Feb we're stalling around mid table mediocrity and no-one is really interested apart from Wolves fans

You don't think it's right that Football league should be looking after their customers?

Depends who's their biggest customer.

I don't agree with how football has gone, but it's all about money now and has been for a long time.

I don't agree with how football has gone, but it's all about money now and has been for a long time.

I believe Football is all about fans in the ground and good atmosphere, once you lose that you lose everything.

I'm with this sentiment and football's been all about money for the last 20 years.

I believe Football is all about fans in the ground and good atmosphere, once you lose that you lose everything.

I totally agree, but Sky don't. Sky don't think in the same way you and I do, unfortunately. Their business model seems to be working just fine for them - they don't give a shit about the atmosphere, or how many goals there are, or if Dave Edwards starts or not. It's just £££££s they care about.

I hate what football has become. This is one of the symptoms.

Sky's obsession with our home matches continues. 27th Feb vs Derby is now a 12:30pm kick off.

and Glasgow's takeover of Sky is complete.

If it's any consolation, I love the TV games as it's about the only chances I get these day's to watch.

I love the way Sky is, but then it pays my mortgage.
I do dislike the way football in England has been ruined though.

I dont think it's just Sky that are greedy though. Those who live farther afield need to book their travel tickets in advance or risk paying silly money (same as away fans) so you can gamble your game won't be changed and end up on shit street like DDW or you can wait and still end up on shit street when you could end up paying double.

You can tell with certain fixtures Sky probably think they're providing a service but are spiting fans I think this season they moved Sunderland vs Southampton to a midday kick off and I know in the past Swansea vs Newcastle has been moved too.

Back