• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Not surprised, when was the last time we actually played Derby as a Saturday 3pm kick off? Particularly at Molineux. I can’t recall in my 10 plus years as a season ticket holder us ever having done so. I hate 12:30 kick-offs also, although I suppose Saturday is better than on a Sunday.

Depends who's their biggest customer.

I don't agree with how football has gone, but it's all about money now and has been for a long time.

You seem to be confusing what's right with what is actually happening.

I definitely won't be renewing. Can't afford it, and then there are so many matches moved and that doesn't work for me. Fuck off Sky you bunch of cunts.

It is a massive piss take how many of our games they have moved recently. It doesn't affect me as I currently can't afford to go to the games or to subscribe to Sky Sports but I'm still fucked off with it all!

Not surprised, when was the last time we actually played Derby as a Saturday 3pm kick off? Particularly at Molineux. I can’t recall in my 10 plus years as a season ticket holder us ever having done so. I hate 12:30 kick-offs also, although I suppose Saturday is better than on a Sunday.

2012/13 under Solbakken. 1-1.

Showing a shite mid table side as much as Manchester fucking United is just stupid.

There seems to me that there's been a lot more football league games on Sky this season, I posed the question earlier in the season that it was due to Sky losing Champions League rights, I was told that it wasn't the case as the same amount as last season were being shown, is that still the case?

Showing a shite mid table side as much as Manchester fucking United is just stupid.

There is no logic at all to why we've been on so much unless it was part of Jez's award for being CEO of the year.

There seems to me that there's been a lot more football league games on Sky this season, I posed the question earlier in the season that it was due to Sky losing Champions League rights, I was told that it wasn't the case as the same amount as last season were being shown, is that still the case?

Well, we've certainly never had 10 in 10 before.

Why should what's right for the companies supercede what's right for the fans?

There is no logic at all to why we've been on so much unless it was part of Jez's award for being CEO of the year.

We're always on a lot in this division - disproportionately so compared to other teams, mainly due to wide ranging fan base/excellent broadcast facilities at Molineux. I'm just puzzled why we've been selected six times for games in Dec - Feb when it's quite apparent that we're not especially relevant at either end of the table.

Because of money.

It shouldn't be the case, but that's the way it is. It's shit. Football is big business and unfortunately, despite what the club may say, we are not supporters, we are customers. But we aren't anywhere near as important to the club as the TV deals due to the amount of cash it brings in.

The most depressing thing about it all is that it's not ever going to change either.

Jesus, I've just depressed myself. I'm off to the Christmas thread to read up on cheap whiskey.

£££££. I don't agree with it, but that's the way it is and it will only get worse.

One thing that would help is if they got rid of the stupid law that stopped games being televised at 3.00 on a Saturday.

Discussing with the chaps in the pub before the MK Dons game, I suggested a scheme where the club would give season ticket holders a rebate (say 20% of the price of a standard match ticket) for each home game that's shown on TV. That 20% accumulated for each game could be taken in cash in full at the end of the season, knocked off the price of next year's ST or used in conjunction with buying away tickets. This is six home games shown now - £4.80 a time for STHs behind either goal - £28.80 in total if we don't have any more moved. It's not much but I think it'd at least be a gesture from the club.

Discussing with the chaps in the pub before the MK Dons game, I suggested a scheme where the club would give season ticket holders a rebate (say 20% of the price of a standard match ticket) for each home game that's shown on TV. That 20% accumulated for each game could be taken in cash in full at the end of the season, knocked off the price of next year's ST or used in conjunction with buying away tickets. This is six home games shown now - £4.80 a time for STHs behind either goal - £28.80 in total if we don't have any more moved. It's not much but I think it'd at least be a gesture from the club.

A sensible idea that would be waaaaaaaaaaay to complicated for the club implement.

We need to get in the Prem, we would have less games on TV. I think Albion are currently bottom of the live TV games in the Prem. We go up, we will be able to fight them for that crown.
Wonder what we have that makes Sky pick a ton of games for a club fucking around between 12th -16th place.

Surely plenty of the decent teams in this Division have equal or even better than us. If we were in the top 6 I would kind of get the coverage.

This is a good and perfectly reasonable idea, which would create some genuine goodwill between the club and the fans. But we all know it won't happen, and that even if it got discussed at the FP (in AOB, just after the important topic of Scott Golbourne's tatty undershirt on the agenda) the club would say it's 'not feasible to introduce such a scheme'.

I think the fans are showing remarkable patience at the games I've been to (admittedly not many). It would be nice for that patience to be rewarded somewhat, especially with all this crap with Sky shifting the days/times.

Back