• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

U18's beat top of the table Everton 8-0.

This promotion must be doing well. The lad in the ticket office didn't know anything about it when I went to get a couple of extra tickets.

The Leeds thing, the Forest thing, was this ever sent out on an email?
Only ask cos i seem to get emails all the time off the club but i must have missed these.

Williamson recalled by Newcastle. From Wolves official Twitter.

A shame but at least EEL is back fit again.

And that, ladies & gents, is the problem with a short term loan.

Can't blame Mclaren. He's their player afterall.

Posted this on loan watch... my bad if one of the mods wants to delete it.

Swings and roundabouts because we did the same to Oxford with Graham.

I'm not a fan of EEL and can't see this ending too well.

Let's face it, we aren't going up this year and we probably won't go down either (we could do with actually trying to win a home game at some point though). So it isn't really going to impact on anything that severely, plus chances are Newcastle's injuries will have abated in a month's time/they'll sign a new centre half or two, so we could probably get him back (as was probably the intention anyway, I thought we'd end up signing him on a free).

I liked what I saw from Williamson. Vastly experienced, calmed the defence down and actually is probably the most assured footballer in our back line. He's everything EEL isn't. Big loss for the team. Could pile the pressure back on KJ should we start leaking goals again....

The pressure should be on him anyway. One win in eight, no home win in two months, four scoreless games out of seven, shit football. You know, all that.

Kenny Jackett on OS:

“For us now we have Ethan Ebanks-Landell fit again who we think is a very promising centre back who is ready.

“And the other alternative is to use Matt Doherty and move positions around.

“Those are the options we have going into Saturday’s game against Rotherham.

There's a fans parliament tonight btw. Anyone going? Will there be a live stream like last time?

Kenny Jackett on OS:

“And the other alternative is to use Matt Doherty and move positions around".

giphy.gif

There's a fans parliament tonight btw. Anyone going? Will there be a live stream like last time?
There won't be a stream. They only do that for if Jackett is there or the one where Morgan was present. I am not going. Over the last year it has become more and more of a waste of time and I thoroughly disapprove of not being allowed to pass comment in any way or report back to you as my 'constituents' until the party line has been released in the form of the official minutes (which should be subject to challenge at the NEXT meeting before publication by all correct standards of corporate governance).

Agents fees

Birmingham City - £443,570
Blackburn Rovers - £1,254,610
Bolton Wanderers -£964,869
Brentford - £600,636
Brighton & Hove Albion - £912,421
Bristol City - £231,316
Burnley - £1,363,831
Cardiff City - £2,828,133
Charlton Athletic - £656,759
Derby County - £1,102,071
Fulham - £2,735,336
Huddersfield Town - £429,343
Hull City- £1,813,919
Ipswich Town - £261,347
Leeds United - £786,897
Middlesbrough - £850,285
MK Dons - £672,371
Nottingham Forest - £1,440,730
Preston North End - £194,961
QPR - £2,361,742
Reading - £2,391,666
Rotherham United - £185,430
Sheffield Wednesday - £792,203
Wolverhampton Wanderers - £849,600
Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/ne...ts-to-agents-2828445.aspx#2jQX0QppiiSsmkKe.99

I liked what I saw from Williamson. Vastly experienced, calmed the defence down and actually is probably the most assured footballer in our back line. He's everything EEL isn't. Big loss for the team. Could pile the pressure back on KJ should we start leaking goals again....

Williamson was (Price aside) the one bright spot for me saturday.
I don't think EEL is too bad. Probably right for a lower half champ side, which is what we are currently.

On Doherty, I said to deutsch at the weekend that I wouldn't be worried at him playing left back, as both times I've seen him there he's had decent games.

If people think we hoof the ball too much at the moment then, EEL and Batth as a partnership will only make it worse

Back