• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Fair enough, as far as I can see though no season ticket holders have made a complaint so I don't know why they were mentioned.

Fair enough, as far as I can see though no season ticket holders have made a complaint so I don't know why they were mentioned.

I don't think Dan was levelling that comment at anyone on here but there has been previous amongst some season ticket holders for feeling they should get the best deals since they're paying it all up from, none more so than those in the fans parliament by the sounds of things.

It is mentioned in the parliament every time deals are discussed for matchday tickets.

"We are your loyal supporters. We pay up front. Why should there be a deal that removes value from our early investment" yadda yadda yadda.

It is mentioned in the parliament every time deals are discussed for matchday tickets.

"We are your loyal supporters. We pay up front. Why should there be a deal that removes value from our early investment" yadda yadda yadda.

Pop on Twitter or Facebook when cheap tickets are announced. From the reaction you would have thought Jez has asked every STH to bend over and let him have 20 mins of fun and then ran off with their wallet.

I have called the ticket office and cancelled my original purchase and re-bought under today's deal. Lad on the other end of the phone was really helpful, so fair play! Moaning over!

Pop on Twitter or Facebook when cheap tickets are announced. From the reaction you would have thought Jez has asked every STH to bend over and let him have 20 mins of fun and then ran off with their wallet.

I'm obviously following/friends with the wrong/right people as I've never come across it.

There are 4 of us, all season ticket holders, that meet up pre-match, no one has ever expressed an opinion of feeling hard done by with regards to match day tickets.

I have called the ticket office and cancelled my original purchase and re-bought under today's deal. Lad on the other end of the phone was really helpful, so fair play! Moaning over!

Really glad they helped you out Tony, it's a start.

I don't feel hard done by either over the offers, I want to see the ground as full as possible, and I was always going to spend that money this year anyway.

However, there is an issue here in that the early bird brings in a chunk of guaranteed income of around £5m at a set time every year. If everyone waits for deals then that income is significantly diminished so there is a balance to be struck.

I'm obviously following/friends with the wrong/right people as I've never come across it.

There are 4 of us, all season ticket holders, that meet up pre-match, no one has ever expressed an opinion of feeling hard done by with regards to match day tickets.

None of my friends on Facebook - But the comments put on Wolves fans pages, make the E&S look sane

As an aside, just noticed what Wasps are doing at the Ricoh next weekend.

£15.00 for adults, kids under 10 go free

or £25.00 for rugby and entrance to concert afterwards with Echo & the Bunnymen and Buzzcocks.

Obvously I know Wasps are trying to build up a fanbase in the Midlands and Molineux doesn't have a hall inside like the Ricoh for the music but just for getting young people and a good crowd generally into the stadium it seems forward thinking.

In an ideal world we'd use the Bayern approach, but...

As an aside, just noticed what Wasps are doing at the Ricoh next weekend.

£15.00 for adults, kids under 10 go free

or £25.00 for rugby and entrance to concert afterwards with Echo & the Bunnymen and Buzzcocks.

Obvously I know Wasps are trying to build up a fanbase in the Midlands and Molineux doesn't have a hall inside like the Ricoh for the music but just for getting young people and a good crowd generally into the stadium it seems forward thinking.

You mean the league's best CEO may not be the best after all?

Yes, to clarify I wasn't having a go at anyone on here. It is a prevalent attitude though amongst a decent sub-section of season ticket holders.

I've said it before, our approach to ticketing is stuck in the 1960s. It's not just Wolves but for once I'd like us to be a bit proactive rather than pointing at other football clubs and saying "look, they are the same/worse".

I don't feel hard done by either over the offers, I want to see the ground as full as possible, and I was always going to spend that money this year anyway.

However, there is an issue here in that the early bird brings in a chunk of guaranteed income of around £5m at a set time every year. If everyone waits for deals then that income is significantly diminished so there is a balance to be struck.

I haven't been a season ticket thus early birder for a good few years now but can't you get the EB on Direct Debit and thus it isn't necessarily a guaranteed income? I've no idea just thinking out loud.

The truth is, none of our clubs want to break the status quo and will continue stealing a quid every season or so on admission while pointing to each other saying 'he started it!' not one of them with the exception of Bradford, not one of them could give a flying fuck about their support we jump on these special offers from home or away games and commend what should be the norm, not the exception.

and as I go off with that rant I go onto Football Forums to see that Huddersfield have announced their season tickets next season are £199 for adults, £69 for u18's and £23 for under fives!

Full credit to them.

Thank fuck for that. It was slightly depressing me.

Tickets for Leeds are £15 if a STH buys it for you. I welcome the club are trying to do something in the last game before Xmas on Tele on a Thursday night, but why complicate things? Just make it £15 for all.
This promotion must be doing well. The lad in the ticket office didn't know anything about it when I went to get a couple of extra tickets.

Back