• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Seems the club are sick of being on tv in a stadium barely 2/3rds full.

Personally I'd give Leeds the Bully lower and the quadrant like we did for PNE as they'll shift whatever their given.

Seems the club are sick of being on tv in a stadium barely 2/3rds full.

Personally I'd give Leeds the Bully lower and the quadrant like we did for PNE as they'll shift whatever their given.

Don't Leeds only have 2000 tickets for away fans everywhere now?
Remember reading Cellino saying it was a protest against someat or other.

Mental Mass has backed down on that one now. Not sure Leeds will bring that many on a Thursday night right before Christmas tbh.

In a football sense no and I don't think Wolves have ever put tickets for a match on sale and then introduced something afterwards. You buy a ticket for a game and the club then fucks you over...bravo

Don't Leeds only have 2000 tickets for away fans everywhere now?
Remember reading Cellino saying it was a protest against someat or other.

I could be wrong, but didn't Leeds United have 5,000 fans at their recent game at Huddersfield Town?

In a football sense no and I don't think Wolves have ever put tickets for a match on sale and then introduced something afterwards. You buy a ticket for a game and the club then fucks you over...bravo

I must say I don't think this is on either. I would hope anyone who has bought tickets in advance when they couldn't possibly have known the price was going to drop - and there can't be that many advance sales in addition to season ticket holders, we're a way off from a game which is on TV anyway - would get the difference refunded. We've never run a promotion along these lines before where the price is X one day and Y another, there is no precedent as far as Wolves are concerned.

No personal interest on my part either, I haven't bought a ticket yet and won't be getting one tomorrow either, as I don't know if I can go yet with it being Friday night. If I end up buying one next week at £24 then that's up to me, at least I know that I *could* have bought one more cheaply if I wanted to, but chose not to.

In a football sense no and I don't think Wolves have ever put tickets for a match on sale and then introduced something. You buy a ticket for a game and the club then $#@!s you over...bravo

You could try to contact them and see if they will help you out...
customerservices@wolves.co.uk

ticketoffice@wolves.co.uk

If you have a query or comment that you would like to speak to a member of staff with please click here to view the relevant contact details.
Read more at http://www.wolves.co.uk/club/your-feedback/index.aspx#5ue7MT1dx026c7cK.99

It doesn't seem right to me either. Football clubs encourage people to purchase tickets in advance, and then lower the prices nearer the game. It is not really very good for customer relations.

Tickets for Leeds are £15 if a STH buys it for you. I welcome the club are trying to do something in the last game before Xmas on Tele on a Thursday night, but why complicate things? Just make it £15 for all.

Agree. What a fucking kerfuffle of an offer..i wont be bothering the 1 STH i know to ring up for a ticket for me.

You do wonder what the mindset of the club is there, who are you rewarding exactly and with what...doubt the STHs will be bothered about the couple of quid ticket cash they'll make into the bargain.

The most successful two promotions in the last decade have been:

1) £10 across the board for Sunderland at home on a Friday night (on Sky), place packed out
2) The L1 offers for when we had a Saturday-Tuesday double header - buy the Saturday ticket and get the midweek one half price

Simplicity rules sometimes. I would say £10 is a reasonable pitching point for the Leeds game and just make it open to everyone - it's right before Christmas, it's on TV, it's on a Thursday, get as many through the door as you can. I think at some point they need to disregard the STHs who are obsessed with "protecting the value of their investment", because you can't ever satisfy them without having 0 promotions whatsoever through the season (and it's an absolutely bonkers mindset to have anyway). That said I would also be dropping the price of season tickets by £50 minimum across the board next season and reducing match prices as well (not by the same factor, but you could easily trim 20%), we aren't that expensive in a comparative sense to other clubs in this division but that's irrelevant, I don't really care what QPR fans pay, I don't support them and I don't live there. We need to get more fans through the door, not in a financial sense but for the good of the team and the club.

Right on dude. Can't disagree with any of that.

You do wonder what the mindset of the club is there, who are you rewarding exactly and with what...doubt the STHs will be bothered about the couple of quid ticket cash they'll make into the bargain.

1) £10 across the board for Sunderland at home on a Friday night (on Sky), place packed out
2) The L1 offers for when we had a Saturday-Tuesday double header - buy the Saturday ticket and get the midweek one half price

Simplicity rules sometimes. I would say £10 is a reasonable pitching point for the Leeds game and just make it open to everyone - it's right before Christmas, it's on TV, it's on a Thursday, get as many through the door as you can. I think at some point they need to disregard the STHs who are obsessed with "protecting the value of their investment", because you can't ever satisfy them without having 0 promotions whatsoever through the season (and it's an absolutely bonkers mindset to have anyway). That said I would also be dropping the price of season tickets by £50 minimum across the board next season and reducing match prices as well (not by the same factor, but you could easily trim 20%), we aren't that expensive in a comparative sense to other clubs in this division but that's irrelevant, I don't really care what QPR fans pay, I don't support them and I don't live there. We need to get more fans through the door, not in a financial sense but for the good of the team and the club.

I've been suggesting for ages that away fans get the quadrant, upper tier depending on demand.

Bully lower, students, forces, schools, council staff perk or whatever else. Cheap tickets for the worst stand, view and facilities. that alone you could add 2-2500 on attendances each game. More with the promotions like those announced recently.

Abso-bloody-exactly.

I'm a season ticket holder, I've been lucky enough to able to afford to buy one, I don't give a fuck if match to match fans are able to get a deal. please don't let this turn into anti season ticket holder debate.

I'm a season ticket holder, I've been lucky enough to able to afford to buy one, I don't give a $#@! if match to match fans are able to get a deal. please don't let this turn into anti season ticket holder debate.

I don't think it will Trev. This is more about how the club deal with ALL its supporters. Three home games in December and every one of them is on Sky, one of those on Boxing Day, one on a Thursday and the other on a bloody Friday. The club should be proactive in its approach to getting bums on seats this close to Christmas (and at all times to be honest),
I'm a ST holder too and travel a fair way to watch Wolves play and I'd rather do so in a full stadium with atmosphere than a half empty shell. If that means offering deals then they should.

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere but I understand that Hause has re injured the same hamstring badly again !!

Back