• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I watched it. Karl Henry was magnificent throughout. Anyone who thinks he couldn't play - go and watch that.

It was fairly rustic, we were very direct but we did it as Meite was awful under the high ball and off set pieces Carson was dreadful. We had a plan and executed it well.

There are precisely 0 players from that team that I would want in our starting XI now. I would want Fletcher on the bench as he was a magnificent forward (but he's no Raul).

Watched it also. During that era I was shift manager at the Royal so invariably worked matchdays, getting to games wasn't really an option.

Fletcher was superb, won everything. I thought Henry was good like you say and Ward was very good harassing and better with the ball than I remember.

Elokobi still gave me palpitations but blimey Mancienne was bad. As glaring as weak links get. At least three times Odemwingie either strolled past him or Mancienne courted bother in that first half.

BREAKING - BBC SPORT
Winner - Adama Traore
Premier League's Surprise Package of the Season

Wolves' winger Adama Traore wins the Surprise Package of the Season award with 28% of the overall votes.

He genuinely didn't get that much stick at the time, certainly not proportionate to how bloody awful he was. Social media, forums, papers and radio, reaction at the games - none of it was particularly anti-Saunders on the whole.

I slagged him off relentlessly of course but then I don't like him very much.

He genuinely didn't get that much stick at the time, certainly not proportionate to how bloody awful he was. Social media, forums, papers and radio, reaction at the games - none of it was particularly anti-Saunders on the whole.

I slagged him off relentlessly of course but then I don't like him very much.

I can understand to a degree that M&M appointed him when he was grossly unfit for the job so save your vitriol for them but unlike TC for example there was/is a dossier of reasons to dislike him in the public domain and see why he was an ugly character.

A bloke I knew swore blind that it wasn't Saunders fault and he'd be better with money.

Mind you he also thought Dave Edwards was a good footballer.

I don't understand this type of fan and never have.

I got lulled into thinking he was our saviour. Think I was just desperate for him to be good. That initial chit chat sounded great...

I actually emailed the club (after perhaps a beer or two) asking for him to be sacked...
The next day he was!
You are all welcome...

Haha. You actually sent a strongly worded letter. Love it

Some of the stuff on the old gold clubs podcasts is horrible as well.

Both pro MM and Pro Saunders. I know they are loyal to the bosses who treated them well but loads of it is utter crap. Solbakken doesn’t come out of any of it well and If what they say about him is true then he made the rod for his own back anyway.

Not sure if serious...

Was meme'ing on that as wasn't he on local news saying a load of promising cliches the day he joined? I think he was and I'll be honest I think i was hopeful, probably more desperate haha but hopeful. I believed the bollocks perhaps

Saunders first presser he said the right things in a say the obvious but make the fans happy kind of way.

It wasn't long before he was chatting shit about working for Boots, Eye of the Tiger and opening the batting for England. He had an odd way of a managing to talk about a simple point and confuse the fuck out of everyone

Would love to hear his view on the virus

"The opposition won't be able to stop us playing to our plan, because we're not going to have a plan"

200.gif

He was banging on about the Army inside his first week, before he'd even taken charge of a game.

So much drivel to choose from but I think my favourite was when he implied he'd chuck his dinner up the wall if his wife made him cheeseburger and chips.

I think I heard a few soundbites and being of a positive mind thought he sounded enthusiastic and would give some optimism back to the squad. It was only when I actually listened to him properly I realised he was just full of Brentisms

"And another thing that has pleased me is in Ladbrokes, we’re not one of the three favourites to get relegated and they don’t normally get it wrong. They have looked at our squad and thought ‘they will get out of it’ and that’s what I’m thinking."

giphy.gif

Back