• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Couldn't remember one sub and the GK sub I've actually got the programme from this somewhere (from my Dad, I was only 6 !)

4-3 vs Leicester from 2003 on Wolves YouTube at 8pm tomorrow.

Naylor, Rae and Miller adding comments throughout.

We are fucking DREADFUL in the first half. Lads, you might want to mark Les Ferdinand off set pieces, just a thought. Now to see if Hassan Kachloul was as good in the second half as I remember...

Kachloul was amazing in my memory! Don’t remember him really getting much of a shot after that either.

He broke a lot during his short time with us, so his game time was very limited

Yeah, as much as DJ could be weird with players, I think he actually did want to use him a lot. Just was never available.

I had no idea Kachloul had ever played for us :confused-smiley-013

He does get forgotten a lot. But everyone remembers Nigel Quashie, and people even put him in their worst teams ever all the time, even though he only played three games, none of them were televised and none of them were at home, and we didn't really do proper highlights then, and there definitely weren't any streams.

Summary: people have weird memories.

Was reading an article on McNeil of Burnley on sky sports, and this was on the bottom - I didn’t realise Adamas accuracy was that good.

“ PL crossing accuracy (100+ open play crosses)

Player Club Accuracy
Adama Traore Wolves 22%
Dwight McNeil Burnley 20%
Andrew Robertson Liverpool 18%
Lucas Digne Everton 18%
Serge Aurier Tottenham 17%
Six of McNeil's 10 career Premier League assists have been from crosses and although a cross accuracy of 20 per cent this season may not sound that impressive it is the second-best of any player to have made 100 or more open play crosses, bettered only by Wolves' Adama Traore (22 per cent).”

I'm always weary on cross accuracy stats tbh, as accurate (finding a team mate) doesn't mean it's good (key chance created). A floated nothing that's kept in by the winger on the other side could count as accurate

I'm always weary on cross accuracy stats tbh, as accurate (finding a team mate) doesn't mean it's good (key chance created). A floated nothing that's kept in by the winger on the other side could count as accurate

It's a stat very much determined by a relationship rather than an individual in my view.

Had it at Wolves previously with Jarvis, had that awkward technique crossing on his weak foot playing from the left that meant pretty much everything got chipped up towards the back stick, when Fletcher was around it worked because he hung out at the back stick a lot and attacked those balls pretty well, same sort of thing happened with Lennon and Crouch at Tottenham for a while. However, if you'd put either of those wingers at say Arsenal when Giroud was the main man up top their stats would've probably been slashed because he spent a lot more time attacking the near post so they've have just been floating nothing balls over his head to no-one.

That's not to say ever winger who gets high up on those sort of leaderboards is a beneficiary of circumstance above all else, there are obviously players who are capable of tailoring their delivery based on the players they're aiming for a the time, I'm sure Beckham would've been dropping them on a sixpence for whoever was upfront ahead of him, ditto KdB has got plenty of weapons in his arsenal these days when he gets into the channels.

E&S reckon Kilman is now contracted until 2022.

Ruddy will be offered a new deal but it's up to him whether he stays or not.

If Freelance Rosie were still around we'd have heard about it even earlier...

If Freelance Rosie were still around we'd have heard about it even earlier...

and blamed Saiss for the info not being released earlier? Not so great at blocking shots on the line but superb at blocking press releases

What do we reckon Ruddy could get as another gig? Champ 1st keeper?

He'd get a starting job in the Championship, but on less money than he'll make as a reserve here. So he has to prioritise playing time vs cash. Impossible for anyone on here to know how he's feel with regards to that

Back