• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Wolves hypercritical interpretation and policing of it is way OTT in this case.

If you want OTT look around others.

Liverpool - want to stop anyone using the word Liverpool
Watford - Already registered the word "Watford" when used in a football context (so say Man outside VR thinks "I have these lovely scarves, no stupid moose logo on them, I am fine"...well think again buddy. Watford have nailed you
M City and M Utd probably 2 of the worlds greatest IP hunters. You have a thought about City or Utd and you are in court
Spurs won't even bother asking you politley, you will be in court and expected to hand over all details of profits made and then be ready to hand them over plus interest

We are late to the party really. We have done bits and bobs and sellers outside the ground have been done before, plenty of them.

If you want OTT look around others.

Liverpool - want to stop anyone using the word Liverpool
Watford - Already registered the word "Watford" when used in a football context (so say Man outside VR thinks "I have these lovely scarves, no stupid moose logo on them, I am fine"...well think again buddy. Watford have nailed you
M City and M Utd probably 2 of the worlds greatest IP hunters. You have a thought about City or Utd and you are in court
Spurs won't even bother asking you politley, you will be in court and expected to hand over all details of profits made and then be ready to hand them over plus interest

We are late to the party really. We have done bits and bobs and sellers outside the ground have been done before, plenty of them.

Agree they're even more OTT still doesn't mean I can't think this is OTT does it?

Mexican flag? I think you're mistaking it with the Benfica logo, maybe? For reference.

It really isn't over the top, though. All these tiny infringements are like little cracks on a castle wall. If left unattended, the whole building can collapse under sufficient pressure.

They probably have other registrations under different names. These search engines are relatively simple and sometimes don't show stuff unless it is written exactly they appear on registry. Can always research without the "(1986)" or "Limited" mentions.

Btw, did you check all the pages? By default, it only shows the first 10 out of 32.

Yeah I did looks like Mexican colours with the Mexican eagle sorry, mind you two teams?? Really. I'd have pretended you were Mexican.

Agree they're even more OTT still doesn't mean I can't think this is OTT does it?

It's a free country, you can think whatever you like. You'd be factually wrong though.

Yeah I did looks like Mexican colours with the Mexican eagle sorry, mind you two teams?? Really. I'd have pretended you were Mexican.

Yeah, never got into the pretending thing. :)

Ok, consider this a warning. Not a threat, a warning.

I don't take kindly to people I've taken in good faith behaving like you have today. Because there are ways and means of talking to people. You're talking to people I care about and I know well.

Show a bit of respect and don't act the prick. You'll get the same back.

As I say, do what you like. I think you're a reasonable guy who's decided to act in a certain way and got it wrong. You have the chance to turn that around. Or not.

Don't make problems that don't exist.

Sorry I'm not quite sure where your coming from re warning me, who exactly are you? If your some sort of admin and the warning is in relation to access to the forum etc fair enough (if that is the case I apologise as it would have meant my 'threat' allegation was me taking what you said out of context).

If not and your warning me of some sort of reprisal...…..I'll tell you where to find me pre Brighton.

Personally I don't we we have been OTT at all.

1) Spoke with the traders concerned. Even offered them advise and help
2) Done the right thing legally and sent them letters pointing out what they are doing wrong and what could happen if they carry on
3) Given them a decent amount of time to sort out the issues.

That seems fair to me. If you have had the above then rock up with Wolves and Espanyol branded items (Crest makes it branded) then you are a tit and deserve a lot more than Trading Standards taking items off you. Even worse if you live off a trading license and been given plenty of time and still fuck it up as your license is now gone.

Look around the next home game, there will be plenty of traders selling Wolves items but inline with the law

It's a free country, you can think whatever you like. You'd be factually wrong though.

Yeah, never got into the pretending thing. :)

How can an opinion be factually wrong, you saying that its a fact I don't think its OTT?

Anyway mate you 'support' two football teams I've got no interest in debating anything with you. Bye

Sorry I'm not quite sure where your coming from re warning me, who exactly are you? If your some sort of admin and the warning is in relation to access to the forum etc fair enough (if that is the case I apologise as it would have meant my 'threat' allegation was me taking what you said out of context).

If not and your warning me of some sort of reprisal...…..I'll tell you where to find me pre Brighton.

Have it your way. I tried.

Personally I don't think a few pin badges outside the ground are threatening the club's trademark. As long as they are not direct copies of the available club merchandise then I think they should be allowed to continue to sell anything they come up with. Maybe if the Wolves logo is used then a small percentage could be given back to the club's community coffers.

How can an opinion be factually wrong, you saying that its a fact I don't think its OTT?

Anyway mate you 'support' two football teams I've got no interest in debating anything with you. Bye

Opinions can be wrong, when based on wrong facts. Let's try something else, then.

I don't know your house, so let's make an hypotetical situation. You have a typical British house, with a little open space in front and then one day I decide to open a shop in your backyard, because it seemed like a good idea. I didn't ask your permission. You wake up one day and boom, random tent selling pins.

Could I do this? If not, can you do anything to stop me? Based on what?

Why are you so keen on being so offensive to someone you have never met? It’s more than a touch unpleasant. I AM putting my moderator hat on and asking you nicely to tone it down please.

Who what where?

Cool story, its not really that serious is it....nobodies died! Thanks for your life story though I genuinely didn't care.

Then Wolves better watch out because they've ripped off loads of football/casual trends over the years very hypercritical.

You one of those Mexicans who decided to support us a couple of years ago?

Pretty much been a dick in the two highlighted bits to someone pointing out real, actual facts... I guess it's just your writing "style" but it doesn't come across very well

Pretty much been a dick in the two highlighted bits to someone pointing out real, actual facts... I guess it's just your writing "style" but it doesn't come across very well

Man its just a laugh if that's being a dick wow you people got low threshholds.

Benifica/Wolves guy....soz for being a dick hope it didn't ruin your day.

Why are you so keen on being so offensive to someone you have never met? It’s more than a touch unpleasant. I AM putting my moderator hat on and asking you nicely to tone it down please.

With your mod hat on is there an ignore function then so I can ignore certain members?

I can't be 'a little unpleasant'....fair enough. But people can threaten me? Double standards?

I have seen no threats to you. I have seen you attack a poster with your responses that I don’t think is appropriate. I have asked you to calm it.

Genuinely not quite sure what you tried to do though pal that's all I was asking

I was trying to give you a chance. A chance you don't seem to want to take.

I never threatened you either. Want to see me at Brighton, anyone on here can tell you exactly where I'll be. I've never hidden from anyone and I'm long past hitting people in pubs. Just be nice, it's quite easy.

Walk from the town and there is allsorts of manc/scouse/cock'er'nee blokes selling utter shite, well done wolves.
Unless you do something different like 'toaster' or los lobos i personally dont get the dodgy shit stuff.
They also approve some stuff cos that bloke (whos followed us since the dinosaurs) comes on the
Coaches selling match badges and the club dont produce them.
Pacamac... You would be better off on molineux mix if you want to antagonise with every post.

Back