• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I remember my mate's uncle regularly used the kid's turnstiles at the North Bank. No questions asked.

I remember my mate's uncle regularly used the kid's turnstiles at the North Bank. No questions asked.

Jeeesus,,,In the 80's there was loads of blokes with beards paying in as kids every week.

Often wondered if many folks buy tickets as OAP's or Kids.
Also on a related note, cant the turnstile scan ticket barcodes off phones yet?...my paper ticket got soaked recently and wouldnt scan...had to queue up for a printed one and missed some of the match.

Wolves doing extra ticket checks tomorrow, mainly in the South Bank after the club received complaints of adults using U17 tickets to get in on the cheap.

Some of fans think this is a disgrace....not the fans doing it but the club for trying to stop it.

The thread of their argument seems to be "don't charge so much and it won't happen". Really, what a flawless position to take. I'll just pop down to Tesco tomorrow and scan through a £25 bottle of wine as an onion on the self-service checkouts. Then when I get arrested I'll say if they didn't charge such silly prices for a luxury product I wouldn't need to steal it. Case closed your honour.

This is not to defend our prices by the way, I think they are too high and just pointing at other clubs and saying "well they charge more" is not really an argument, that's like arguing for Kenny Jackett to stay purely because he isn't Paul Ince. However, if you can't afford it, the way forward is not to steal from your own club and then claim the moral highground after they clamp down on it FFS.

I'm genuinely surprised with the attitude on social media that it's the club that are the bad guys here. Now I freely admit when I first turned 16 I didn't have a season ticket as paying in as a kid was cheaper than being an adult STH, but from what I can tell a lot of these people aren't kids just a bit overage but blokes in their twenties. I have no issue with them trying it on, but don't whinge when you get caught. Sir Jack in the early 1930's used to sneak under the fence is a very lame defence.

Anyone else heard the rumour that the Reuben brothers are interested in buying WWFC? There are a few bits of rumour and gossip on the Internet.

Siggy in the U21 squad for tonight. No VLP, so looks like the loan rumours could well be true.

Siggy in the U21 squad for tonight. No VLP, so looks like the loan rumours could well be true.
VLP is injured.

Graham was set to rejoin Oxford but it was postponed when VLP got crocked again on Friday.

VLP is injured.

Graham was set to rejoin Oxford but it was postponed when VLP got crocked again on Friday.

Ah ok. I heard the Bolton rumour before the match, saw he wasn't in the matchday squad, then saw he wasn't in the U21 squad and then used my "Wolves Fan Calculator" to work out the result...

CTYqK_eUcAA962T.jpg

Great work from our fans there being as Edwards started two games (and a seven minute sub appearance) out of a possible five in October.

His last few games are fresh in the mind!

Despite scoring I thought he was poor vs Blues & Burnley. Really strange decision, not that many of his teammates have been any better.

Scored against Blues and Boro. That's all people will remember

QPR away now moved to 12:30 on Sat 23rd Jan - live on Sky.

Back