• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Is there really a CEO of the year competition or is this just a wind up? Does anybody care who their CEO is as long as the finances are on an even keel?.........rather have toilet cleaner of the year.

Guess Moxey is more valued than some fans realise.

i saw a comment this morning that he (a wolves supporter at the match) saw Afobe arrive in his car rather than on the team coach. Anyone else aware of this ?

Nope. I would also be hugely surprised. It is the sort of thing I take with a hearty pinch of salt.

Obviously there were a number of supporters there last night and was wondering if anyone heard or saw anything themselves.

Let's see. Maybe we will get some corroboration. Like I say, I would be hugely surprised as it would go against just about every club protocol.

a bit like Griffiths staying up in Scotland to train (or not)

Exactly that sort of thing. Maybe someone can confirm. Just had a quick squint over the road as I would have expected something like this to have popped up there, but I can't see anything, at least not at first glance.

Benik's family go to every game and they have Afobe on their number plate. That's probably what he saw.

Oh, btw Benik Afobe? Hardest working player in the team this season.

Also, see his celebration after his first goal vs Huddersfield if you have any doubts about him not wanting to be here.

Agree, I feel a little sorry for him at the moment. His position has been messed around with, he's been given far too much responsibility for someone so young, and we've given him fuck all service.

He was excellent against Boro and did well enough for me against Birmingham but you could see him getting more irritated as that game went on when he was making runs and we just weren't spotting them. From what it sounds like last night we left him all alone against 3 centre backs and just looked to put crosses into the box which he really doesn't want.

Agree, I feel a little sorry for him at the moment. His position has been messed around with, he's been given far too much responsibility for someone so young, and we've given him fuck all service.

He's not THAT young.

My point being that we bought him as a young player we could develop and he's been elevated to a role with a lot of responsibility quickly. Even captain in a cup game. I think it's affected him, but more so messing around with his position. He's a bloody good striker, there was no need to play him deeper.

Nothing wrong with him being asked to step up in terms of seniority, he is our best player, he is our main striker. Shouldn't be a problem with him carrying that level of responsibility as he seems a down to earth lad and appears to have a decent amount of affection for the club, even only being here a short time.

It's playing him in a position where he doesn't belong that has been the problem, to carry an Arsenal parallel it would have been like them using Ian Wright as a deep lying forward. Why would they ever have done that when he did all his good work on the shoulder of the defender. It's incomprehensible why we have chosen to do that with Afobe, it's not as if he is also a brilliant creative force who can make a load of chances for us from deep, he just ends up trying to run at the defence from 60 yards out. Whether it's pandering to the player's wishes (allegedly said he got bored playing up front, though not sure I've seen a direct quote saying that) or Ken misunderstanding what a number 10 does (quite likely, as Leon and Sagbo have played there under him), it's lunacy.

Is it Kenny Jackett's fault that 90% of Afobe's first touches v Birmingham (a game which we won!) bounced off his shin and 3-4 yards away from him?

Fingers can be pointed about him being so deep and the tactic behind that - but Afobe has been playing in a bubble for several weeks now. Huddersfield aside when he scored a couple, his shoulders have been slumped, he seems to be in a mood, his first touch has been shocking. It is down to Benik Afobe to change these things around; not Kenny Jackett.

Wolves doing extra ticket checks tomorrow, mainly in the South Bank after the club received complaints of adults using U17 tickets to get in on the cheap.

Some of fans think this is a disgrace....not the fans doing it but the club for trying to stop it.

Back