• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Gorkks didn't do that for us, fell over a lot and read the game badly. I'm thinking of someone like a Shackell or Berra neither of whom are the most sophisticated of centre halves but are both solid to good Championship performers

Don't know about Shackell but Berra at least had a bit of pace about him.

Berra could shift when he got going. Turned like the QE2 though.

Gorkks was just shite.

Agreed Alan but Berra's defensive style isn't really based on pace. Bournemouth went up last year with Francis and Cook at the back, also centre halves that do the basics reasonably well rather than being very cultured. As long as he is match fit I think he'll be fine, we don't play a particularly high line so he shouldn't be done for pace.

Just look at Brighton with Hunemeier, Greer & Dunk sat at the top of the table. None of them are particularly fast and Greer is straight up shite.

Agreed Alan but Berra's defensive style isn't really based on pace. Bournemouth went up last year with Francis and Cook at the back, also centre halves that do the basics reasonably well rather than being very cultured. As long as he is match fit I think he'll be fine, we don't play a particularly high line so he shouldn't be done for pace.

Francis is and always has been a RB, far too weak despite his size to be a competent CB. Williamson is big and strong, abysmal on the ball and pretty slow to boot. Just a bit of a better Danny Batth really. He Formed a formidable CB partnership at Wycombe with our favourite CH Roger Johnson. Take from that what you will.

Though HTC are usually more miss than hit, just like Holt...

Can't see it. We're currently struggling to accomodate two strikers so we don't need another one. He's also a fat cheating bastard.

It worries me that KJ is even interested/linked with a player like this despite it never working for him previously whilst at Wolves.

He was excellent last year. Why not?

Why must we slate and slag off so much?

He's spent a year injured and he couldn't move before then, hasn't had a good season since 2011/12, six goals in two and a half years, 34 years old, would encourage hoofball, there's not much to love about it.

Back