• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

We're surely past the point where the 'anyone we bring in has to improve the first team' line continues to be relevant as well. We need bodies and we need them before the Blues game.

realistically how late can we leave it in time for a game on saturday - presuming anyone coming in is match fit?

We will have until lunch time on Friday I think.

Ideally we need to sign someone tomorrow to enable them to get the 2 full training sessions before the game.

We will have until lunch time on Friday I think.

Ideally we need to sign someone tomorrow to enable them to get the 2 full training sessions before the game.

that's what i was thinking. has to be soon from an organisation/prep perspective.

We're surely past the point where the 'anyone we bring in has to improve the first team' line continues to be relevant as well. We need bodies and we need them before the Blues game.

Not overly sure anyone we brought in has improved the first team anyway!

Ciaran Clark
Cuco Martina (more of a right back but can play across the back four)
James Chester
Jonas Olsson

Four defenders who aren't getting in their respective teams starting 11's who would immediately improve us.

Olsson is injured I think. Martina is horrendous, he reminds me of Ryan Donk.

I can't see it anywhere, but assume there is something somewhere about Mike Williamson joining on a months loan?

I can't see it anywhere, but assume there is something somewhere about Mike Williamson joining on a months loan?
Only seen what Tim II posted on twitter a few mins ago.

I'm hoping there are 2 Mike Williamson's. The useless carthorse at Newcastle and another one I don't know about?

Only seen what Tim II posted on twitter a few mins ago.

Ah okay, someone from Sky tweeted it about half an hour ago.

545f60d5d50b06a6d5bf0e07f782d030.jpg

Agree Quirk. Williamson is alright. He'll do until Hause & EEL return to fitness.

My reservation would be that he's horrific on the ball, so forget us playing out from the back for a while. Better than Doherty having an extended run though so I'll take it.

He's shocking at Prem level, slow with the turning circle of the Titanic and deliberately gets himself sent off (I know the last bit is bollocks), but at Championship level a centre half that does the basics of heading and kicking it away tends to do ok, so he'll be fine.

He's shocking at Prem level, slow with the turning circle of the Titanic and deliberately gets himself sent off (I know the last bit is bollocks), but at Championship level a centre half that does the basics of heading and kicking it away tends to do ok, so he'll be fine.

Gorkss would like a word with you.

Probably the best we could have done to be honest but a partnership of Batth and Williamson is slow as fuck.

Gorkks didn't do that for us, fell over a lot and read the game badly. I'm thinking of someone like a Shackell or Berra neither of whom are the most sophisticated of centre halves but are both solid to good Championship performers

Back