• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I can't blame my age as I'm not even 40 until next year. I blame my kids...

I’m very similar. My memory has been shocking since the kids were born and I’m only 35!

Saying that, I did remember a few of them. Jota’s goal v Pyunik was the overhead one I think?

Neves v Derby will be a clear winner.

There is a direct correlation between the rise in a childs intelligence and the fall in yours

There is a scientific law called the Law of Conservation of Intelligence, discovered by Antoine Lavoisier in 1785. In its most compact form, it states: intelligence is neither created nor destroyed. ... the total amount of intelligence and energy in the universe is constant.

With regard the last part of that, have you noticed as your children have got more energetic you have started to creak and ache ?

ps I have three children and six grandchildren I am a borderline goldfish for memory

If that is true then I must apologise to my Dad. Clearly I am highly intelligent so his brain must have taken a battering when I was born :)

I’m very similar. My memory has been shocking since the kids were born and I’m only 35!

Saying that, I did remember a few of them. Jota’s goal v Pyunik was the overhead one I think?

Neves v Derby will be a clear winner.

Oh yeah, I remember it now! To be fair I'd probably already started to forget the goal while on the train journey home :icon_lol:

In no particular order:

Neves vs Derby
Henry vs Bolton
Jota vs Cardiff
Neves vs Sheff Utd
Neves vs Sheff Wed

Honorable mentions for Sako and Jacobs too, and to the other contenders I've forgotten!

Missed three:

2000-2001
2001-2004
2004-2006

Better than I usually do with these things!

A childhood of Championship manager I reckon

All bar 2018 - present (1). Really threw me that did.

Couldn't get 1999-2001 or 2000-2001 but got all the rest. Anything prior to 2006 is before my time so think I did well!

Yeah, it's confusing as it's the years they are at the club, not necessarily the years they had the #9 shirt.

They should have Akinbiyi in there [/pedant]

We announced our squad numbers for 2000/1, he moved from 10 to 9, then we sold him a week or so later.

I have seen Robert Niestroj wear 9 for us. Halcyon days.

If anyone wants to be able to buy two tickets for home v Liverpool on Tuesday 21 January* when they go on sale to members tomorrow morning, let me know by PM and I'll hit you up with some supporter numbers

*the OS is showing this as being on Thursday 23 January. Either way, I can't make it so the offer stands.

Save as to say, I missed some absolute obvious ones and got some random as hell ones

Back