• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

If your name's not on the list, you're not coming in.

Plus don't give that big galoot any credit, he cost us so much more than he provided with his five (maybe?) good bits of play across three and a bit years.

Just flicked through the list and remembered how much I loved Sam Ricketts goal against Rotherham.

Just flicked through the list and remembered how much I loved Sam Ricketts goal against Rotherham.

Celebrations ruined by people who couldn't be fucked turning up a whole month before (we had a gate of about 18k vs Colchester in March) running on the pitch.

I was fuming at that. I'd been waiting all season for him to score. What a guy, Ken's best signing.

Celebrations ruined by people who couldn't be fucked turning up a whole month before (we had a gate of about 18k vs Colchester in March) running on the pitch.

I was fuming at that. I'd been waiting all season for him to score. What a guy, Ken's best signing.

I loved him in a similar way to how I love Coady (in a masculine grrr kinda way). That game was my twins first match, one of them loved Sam Ricketts (he’s called Sam - simple things for 4 year olds). After all the dick heads cleared the pitch later we got chance to say hello to Sam Ricketts. Top guy.

Milijas goal against Bolton was a month too early :(

Almost added Edwards goal v Leeds - not because it was a great goal, just for the fact that it fecked Leeds in the last minute

Almost added Edwards goal v Leeds - not because it was a great goal, just for the fact that it fecked Leeds in the last minute

I have his shirt from that game, he gave it to my lil bro framed who in time gave it back to me

I've gone for some on emotional value so here were my choices:
Neves v Derby
Jota v Man United
Ricketts v Rotherham
O'Hara v West Brom
Bennett v Bristol City

Ah, that Bennett goal was a special goal. Summed up the will to win of the team. And a calm, restrained celebration from Nuno...

Hunt vs Blackburn???????

All about the "need" for the goal to avoid relegation*

*it wasn't needed in the end due to Spurs winner vs Birmingham BUT did the goal make Blues push forward and leave the space at the back?
It was a bloody great feeling in the ground when he scored!

I went Jacobs v Brentford, Neves v Derby, Neves v Sheffield Utd, Jota v Cardiff and Jota v Pyunik.

Jota v Sheff Utd and Sako v Leicester should have been on the list as well IMO.

I was limited in my choice by the fact that I can't remember most of them!

2012 onwards until Nuno's arrival is a bit of a wasteland in my mind as I gave up my season ticket and my kids were born. I can't even remember what happened in the games I went to during that period! Mind you, I was at the Pyunik game and I can't remember Jota's goal from that one :icon_lol:

Last edited:
The Wolves site is polling the top 5 goals of the decade. https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/first-team/20191217-vote-for-your-wolves-goal-of-the-decade/

Jones vs. Stoke, Jota vs. Cardiff and Neves's greatest hits, I'd imagine.

For me:
Neves v Derby
Costa v Cardiff
Neves v United
Henry v Bolton
Bennett v Bristol City (just for the celebrations in the away end, what a night)

Jota v United, Jacobs v Brentford, Ricketts v Rotherham all deserve honourable mentions. Hunt and Mason too. Can't believe I've not got a Sako goal in there too.

I can't even remember what happened in the games I went to during that period! Mind you, I was at the Pyunik game and I can't even remember Jota's goal from that one :icon_lol:

Aaah welcome aboard my friend, it's good to have you join us :)

There is a direct correlation between the rise in a childs intelligence and the fall in yours

There is a scientific law called the Law of Conservation of Intelligence, discovered by Antoine Lavoisier in 1785. In its most compact form, it states: intelligence is neither created nor destroyed. ... the total amount of intelligence and energy in the universe is constant.

With regard the last part of that, have you noticed as your children have got more energetic you have started to creak and ache ?

ps I have three children and six grandchildren I am a borderline goldfish for memory

Back