• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Carl Ikeme on BBC Midlands Today after 6.30pm I see.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

thanks for posting this machin.
I think with Neves what frequently gets missed is the other work he does. On the verdict thread someone referred to a moment in the 1st half when west ham had a corner. we headed it clear and the ball went to a west ham player. He was closed down by Neves, so passed to a team mate, who Neves also closed down, and that happened 5 times in succession, and Neves was first to every man.
His tackling has improved, as have interceptions and his covering. He also gets numerous little touches on the ball to dispossess someone, but one of our defenders usually comes away with the ball on these occasions.
We also don't always notice how many headers he wins in midfield.
After the game I put him forward as my motm. No-one agreed with me, and had decent reasons as to why. I agree with everyone else that moutinho again is looking a shoe in for pots. But I am enjoying watching Neves grow. No way did I expect we'd have him in a third season when he signed.

Also:
The statistics show that since then, Neves has moved 10 yards further up the pitch. It does not sound much but it has significantly altered his approach.
How often was that posted on here during the first 6-7 games? :)

Deffo feel like he pops up with good headers more often now. Guess he has to... there's only 2 of them in the middle now

Voted Jiminez for POTM as to retain that level of play when he has had so much work deserves recognition.

Rodgers for Manager OTM - they were good before, but he has stepped them up (helped a bit by some of the others being rubbish).

De Bruyne was GOTM - Moutinho's was superb, but a dead ball for him so maybe slightly easier to hit than one was moving. Neves & Shelvey were training ground routines which were defended badly. Almost mirror images. (all were worthy, which they should be at this level)

I genuinely thought Wilson's goal should win! Voted for Joâo's though...

was having drinks with some classmates today,

me: so who was it you met that played fifa or something?
guy: my cousin, he plays professionally
me: oh cool, does he play for anyone I'd know?
guy: uhhm, wolf?
me: ... wolves??
guy: yeah it's some english club. *googles logo* these guys, you know them?
me: yeah you could say I know them.

small world. :icon_lol:

All smiles (apart from Bennett, who I guess hasn't been allowed to take his guitar)

ELX6Ka-XkAEi1Hw

Just pitched up at Marbella to watch the lads train.
Hopefully get some pictures.

Roll-over and stops it with the same foot after following through/past.

Very tricksy.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...ws/wolves-transfer-news-raul-jimenez-17392597

And the striker doesn’t appear desperate to move on. He added: “The important thing is to move forward. I am very good at Wolves, but you always have to look for more, you have to keep fighting. Now we are in fifth place (at time of interview) in the table.

“The other day, I was talking with my dad and he said: ‘If some of the top six teams wanted to sign you, where would you go?’

“I said: ‘But now I’m in the fifth!’ [laughs] I am on top of several teams that are considered ‘top six’. I’m great here. Then, it would be to see the conditions, if it suits me, if it suits Wolves and the other team.”

A few on twitter in full on panic mode.

Just got back home from Marbella
What a fantastic club we follow.

The Security guy Paul was brilliant, the guy from Marbella was like you cannot watch them.
The security guy said he had spoke to Nuno earlier and he said yes we could.
We were quite a way from training then Nuno sent Paul the security guy over who took us over to sit by the side of the pitch and watched them train.

I said thanks to Nuno for that and he was so humble in accepting the thanks.

A few observations.

The team are immensely tight knit
Cutrone is awesome as are all the players they were fantastic with autographs and photos.
Moutinho is so competitive he wanted to win at everything
The Atmosphere is brilliant
Neves kicked Moutinho in a game of 2 in the middle in a match it could have been a yellow.
Boly looks great, he trained in the gym not outside but looks great, walking with no crutches, no protective covering.

I am a little bit more in love with Nuno.

Back