• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

This is completely harmless. It's not a pay rise, it just gives one of our most loyal players more security going into the last year of his contract.

I agree with this. He's quite obviously a valued member of the dressing room and as one of our senior figures is respected by his team mates

Whether I think he should be in the team is a different matter all together mind you!

Awwww, look at his wee face. He's made up! Watch that and tell me you aren't happy for him.

No Dave. No Disco.

In all fairness to Dave i think everyone knows that he isn't the best technically but he does offer you something else. His work off the ball is sometimes forgotten because he isn't great on the ball but sometimes it's needed in a game. Would i rather have someone who is a better footballer in the team yes but Dave has his uses and like some have said is obviously important in the dressing room. I don't see the issue with giving him a new contract.

Despite many on here thinking he's crap or at best a journeyman, imo he is a top professional which is why managers like him, no he doesn't have outstanding ability in one or more areas but he is a benefit to the squad, he will play where he's told and do as good a job as he can, well worth his place in the squad. Probably he will play less this season assuming Wallace is all he's cracked up to be but you know when required he'll do a job.

Despite many on here thinking he's crap or at best a journeyman, imo he is a top professional which is why managers like him, no he doesn't have outstanding ability in one or more areas but he is a benefit to the squad, he will play where he's told and do as good a job as he can, well worth his place in the squad. Probably he will play less this season assuming Wallace is all he's cracked up to be but you know when required he'll do a job.

This. I think it sums it perfectly. Dave Edwards will do a job when needed and he is happy to do so.

I agree with this. He's quite obviously a valued member of the dressing room and as one of our senior figures is respected by his team mates

Whether I think he should be in the team is a different matter all together mind you!
He'll be first name on your teamsheet now you've won his shirt...congratulations!

Did I ever mention I love Dave Edwards?

"
Just in terms of raw data we scored 29 goals in 25 league games before Afobe arrived (Edwards started 20 of those games, all bar about three in that number 10 role), then we scored 41 goals in the remaining 21 games when we predominantly played 4-4-2 and Edwards was largely on the bench or played as a conventional central midfielder.

Clearly the discrepancy in scoring rate is not all down to him but I guarantee you it was a major factor.

Contrary to my opening post I find this the most compelling argument against Dave Edwards. Id point to games such as Rotherham and Blackpool away and Birmingham at home in particular. One goal in just one of those games and November is irrelevant.

Edwards occasional goal scoring and Dicko being injured and relying on Clarke/McAlinden were our undoing I concede.

"

Contrary to my opening post I find this the most compelling argument against Dave Edwards. Id point to games such as Rotherham and Blackpool away and Birmingham at home in particular. One goal in just one of those games and November is irrelevant.

Edwards occasional goal scoring and Dicko being injured and relying on Clarke/McAlinden were our undoing I concede.

Along with our comedy defending and non existent central midfield

Wolves play Barnet at home in the 2nd round of the League Cup

Comforting to know that we get another chance to continue our knocked out by League 2 opposition run

Good to see he's catching people's attention. It's vital we go up this year else he will be gone along with Afobe and Dicko I imagine.

Back