• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Is it fair to say that Edwards would be one of the highest earners at the club having been here through the Premier league years. Maybe extending the kind of contract that other players would love to be offered.

Is the insinuation that he is earning what Kmac should be?

I would be very surprised if that is the case. For me, Kmac is simply doing what he did at Sheff Utd. I know for a fact he's keen on a move to London.

Edwards is a severely limited footballer technique wise, however managers will always find room for a player who is maybe not the best but works incredibly hard and always gives his all. I personally wouldn't have given him an extension when where we will be playing next season is yet to be decided, but I see no harm with him being around the squad while we're in the Championship. First choice no, especially not on the left or right of midfield but he's a solid squad player.

As for the manager being infaliable and always knowing best, Jackett saw fit to play Matt Doherty on the right side of midfield on Tuesday for 70 minutes. Where Mr Doherty proceded to be appalling for the duration of those 70 minutes.

Who has said that a manager always knows best, and that they are infallible?

I would say they are more likely to be right than any of us.

As for Doherty, if you're sincerely going to judge him on that, then wow.

Is the insinuation that he is earning what Kmac should be?

I would be very surprised if that is the case. For me, Kmac is simply doing what he did at Sheff Utd. I know for a fact he's keen on a move to London.

I would hope the better players are rewarded with better contracts while other players would be given opportunities to join other clubs.

I would hope the better players are rewarded with better contracts while other players would be given opportunities to join other clubs.

Players are not sold, they are bought by other clubs. That in itself may say a lot, but the fact he's still here also says a lot too, and still contributing.

This is the guy who created one and "scored" the other last week isn't it?!

I merely mentioned Doherty to point out the fact Managers don't always get things right. Kenny has certainly got the majority of the decisions right since he became Manager, but that doesn't mean people shouldn't have the right to criticise or point out the things when he hasn't. Or if we happen to disagree with them.

I merely mentioned Doherty to point out the fact Managers don't always get things right. Kenny has certainly got the majority of the decisions right since he became Manager, but that doesn't mean people shouldn't have the right to criticise or point out the things when he hasn't. Or if we happen to disagree with them.

No one has said that???
Everyone knows Edwards isn't technically the best footballer in the world, but since when has that been the most important thing at this level?

Players are not sold, they are bought by other clubs. That in itself may say a lot, but the fact he's still here also says a lot too, and still contributing.

This is the guy who created one and "scored" the other last week isn't it?!

Its a player who didn't receive many Premier league offers when Wolves were cashing in their high earners.

This is true.

While it is true, I think it's stretching a point to big up Dave Edwards' loyalty when as far as I know he's attracted no interest from anywhere else in his entire time here. We've kept handing him contracts and he's kept signing them but I'm not sure that's loyalty per se.

While it is true, I think it's stretching a point to big up Dave Edwards' loyalty when as far as I know he's attracted no interest from anywhere else in his entire time here. We've kept handing him contracts and he's kept signing them but I'm not sure that's loyalty per se.

That's a fair point. The fact he's still here says a fair bit to be too despite the three different types of shit in the sandwich between Mick and Kenny.

No one has said that???
Everyone knows Edwards isn't technically the best footballer in the world, but since when has that been the most important thing at this level?

Southampton, Swansea and Bournemouth were very highly technical teams when they achieved promotion. I would say better technique is more likely to get you up than brute force. MM and NW do achieve it through that but very few others can.

I favour technical ability over hard running every day of the week. Now if those technicians have a brilliant work rate too (like Afobe) then fantastic, that's a team that is likely to get you promoted.

Southampton, Swansea and Bournemouth were very highly technical teams when they achieved promotion. I would say better technique is more likely to get you up than brute force. MM and NW do achieve it through that but very few others can.

I favour technical ability over hard running every day of the week. Now if those technicians have a brilliant work rate too (like Afobe) then fantastic, that's a team that is likely to get you promoted.

I think a mix of players is needed, hence why Kenny has kept him here for another year.

So you don't think our recruitment could find a better player to take his place in Wolves squad?

Sorry but I think that is a lazy statement to make. Why is it always about bringing in a new player? Will replacing Edwards in the squad make us stronger?

Fact is that the manager sees it fit to have him in the squad. Recruitment haven't found a better player, as Kenny doesn't want him replacing!!! If he did, he wouldn't keep playing him, praising him, and extending his deal!!!

Sorry but I think that is a lazy statement to make. Why is it always about bringing in a new player? Will replacing Edwards in the squad make us stronger?

Fact is that the manager sees it fit to have him in the squad. Recruitment haven't found a better player, as Kenny doesn't want him replacing!!! If he did, he wouldn't keep playing him, praising him, and extending his deal!!!

By the same token you said that managers know best citing Mick McCarthy a manager who selected and didn't replace him when in the Premier league. You then state Edwards is not Premier league quality.

Genuine question NWW not a wind up. Did you honestly think that knowing Wolves in the knowledge they were going to lose their best player decide the answer to this conundrum was to change system to a weird Rhombus/ diamond system and pop Dave Edwards at the head/ slightly left?

Back